What are the definitive must-watch Jackie Chan movies?

What are the definitive must-watch Jackie Chan movies?

All of them.

Rush Hour, all of them

Project A parts 1&2, Armour of the Gods and Wheels on Meals are my favorite.

Rush Hour
Shanghai Knights
Big Trouble in Little China
Police Story 1-3

the rest is normie tier reddit cuck trash

HWNDU

Police Story and sequels
Project A and sequel
Drunken Master and sequel

Drunken Master 1-2. Especially 1.
>Jackie Chan and Beggar So are hilarious
>great action
>Funny-ass side characters using funky martial arts, such as Iron-Head Rat, the hulking Gorilla, and the staff-fighter known as the Bamboo King
>the villain Thunderleg is a hilariously obnoxious trash-talking badass
>the obligatory training sequence isn't just some boring montage, but an excuse for Jackie Chan and Beggar So to play practical jokes on eachother
I know the sequel has better action, but Drunken Master is everything I want in a kung-fu movie: fun characters doing silly martial arts and getting in memorable fights.

>Rush Hour
>Shanghai Knights
>not for normie tier redditors

Besides he wasn't even in Big Trouble in Little China

Drunken Master 2 final fight is the best thing I've ever seen

Rush Hour 3
The Tuxedo
The Medallion
Shanghai Knights

There aren't any, overrated chink.

All of them are complete trash.

These
Then Police Stories, Rumble in Bronx, Drunken Master 1 and 2

Can confirm is best thing ever

These. Thunderbolt is a bit of a guilty pleasure since it has a Mitsubishi Evo rallying and a FTO racing.

none. hes been a propaganda whore for the communists ever since hus kid got caught with a tonne of heroin. his legacy is forever ruined.

snake in the eagle's shadow

Rush Hour and Thunderbolt.

>Essential Jacki Chan movies

Armour of God
Armour of God 2 Operation Condor
Dragon Fist
Dragon Lord
Dragons Forever
Drunken Master
Drunken Master 2 The Legend of Drunken Master
Gorgeous
Mr Nice Guy
Police Story
Police Story 2
Police Story 3 Supercop
Police Story 4 First Strike
Project A
Project A 2
Rumble in the Bronx
Rush Hour
Snake in Eagle's Shadow
The Young Master
Wheels on Meals
Who Am I

Miracles is also a great movie the rope factory fight is great

All of them except the family oriented American released ones

- Drunken Master 1 and 2
- Police Story
- Supercop (Police Story 3)
- Project A
- Rush Hour
- Rumble in the Bronx
- Wheels on Meals

I dont want no trabbu!

Twin Dragons is good one that's often overlooked, and I am not talking about that shit double dragon movie based on the video game. Though I agree with all the ones mentioned already you can't go wrong

This dude knows what's up.

If you like those 4, then watch the Police Story series and some of the earlier Sammo Hung movies with Jackie.

I have said it before, but I watched Skiptrace recently

>A fight with a ladder
>A fight in a factory
>A fight with valuable porcelain

Also Jackie can't swim. He's from Hong Kong. An Island. He can't swim. What the fuck? I'm sorry, rest of the world. The British failed you since Chan is British Hong Konger (though I dunno how this shit works in retrospect).

There is a new film coming out called Yoga something.

>using reddit, normie, and cuck in the same short sentence
>Big Trouble in Little China

Nigga, he wasn't in that movie. I'll bet you've only seen the first two Jackie movies you listed and are projecting your plebness onto everyone else.

Watch Jacky Chan and Dwan Notrubbel

Best film he's ever done imo.

That's Jacky's RL bodyguard he fights. Insanely talented guy.

Haha. Nice meme, friend. Mind if I screencap this for Reddit? They'll love it there. Lots of meme lovers there, will rate this pretty dankly I think.

Why does Jackie Chan have a bodyguard?

To hold Jackie back so he doesn't kill anybody

>tfw Jackie Chan will never beat your ass using objects in the environment he's currently in

Who knows how bad Hong Kong was in the 70s and 80s

wheels on meals is the essential jackie movie

Rumble in Bronx

You think so? It only really has the end fight going for it imo. Police Story is the essential one for me.

fun fact: jackie chan is a real life gangster in china and makes a lot of money out of people trafficking

>tfw the modern industry will probably never produce a madman like Jackie again
Guy nearly killed himself like a dozen times just to put on a good show. If nothing else I really respect the guy as a performer.

Jackie Chan was created by a Chinese ballet school that just didn't give a shit if it killed its students, I'm sure Bollywood has plenty of types like him just waiting to be discovered by the west.

Imagine all those insane fucking fans who try to grab celebrities and pull their hair or clothes for a trophy.

That's why even minor celebs have 1 or 2 bodyguards and a-listers have 6-10 guards. All big burly guys ready to fuck shit up.

I always just assumed in Jackie's case he'd walk down the red carpet assuring people that he wanted no trabbu and the implication of a severe ass-beating was enough to deter the fans.

What billionaire doesn't have bodyguards?

Jacky went to the same school as Yuen Biao and Samo Hung.

Hung was in the year above him and gave him his first shot in cinema. Working as a stunt coordinator on one of his films.

Jacky, Yuen and Samo have been together pretty much since the age of 4 and 5.

Check out the Lucky Stars series for mad action comedy.

>Wheels on Meals
Lying sack of shit. You just saw the fight scene on youtube, be honest. No one actually likes Wheels on Meals: The Rest of the Movie.

Good picks, but are there any other old-school kung fu fans here that don't like Drunken Master 1 that much? It's a fine movie, don't get me wrong, and a deserved classic, but I feel like Jackie wasn't at his best doing the old chop-socky stuff. Sammo Hung and Yuen Biao made better kung fu films, where Jackie truly dominated was when he started doing stunt- and prop-heavy 80s action.

Which rock star was it that jumped into the crowd to "meet his fans" but got torn to fuck because they all wanted a momento of him? And his security team had to wade in to get him back?

I feel like it was Axl Rose back in the day.

Most of the time the point of bodyguards is not to defend you because "oh no, someone might beat me up," it's just to give you a bubble of breathing room to keep non-hostile but annoying people off you.

I like it, but the english dub is fucking atrocious.

They seemed to only want to match the length of the mouthed sentences to what was spoken so a lot of the dialogue got changed. The story really suffered as a result.

Get the subtitled one. It's not brilliant but it's a lot better.

Fuck you dude just watch it with subs and it's an amazing three stooges pastiche

>English dub
So tell me, do you guys watch mostly English dubs? I've been wanting to see more vintage Jackie but it always has some English voice over. I used to watch those dubs all the time, but lately I can't stand them.

you might want to rewatch that

Depends whether Jackie's dubbed himself. He started doing that after a certain point but yeah, it's gotta be Jackie speaking

I go back and forth. The movies are generally lighthearted enough that a bad dub doesn't bother me. Sometimes with kung fu films I'll turn on both subs and English language just to see if they match up.

If I was living in totalitarian communist china I'd probably shill for the government as well.. Lest I perish in some kind of "accident"

He don't want no trouble

Dubs work, but due to the nature of the spoken language the story has to be rewritten to fit the mouth movememts with what's audibly being said in english. So you end up with a different story.

Case in point is Kung Fu Hustle.

The english dub is way more of a comedy than the chinese subtitled film. The subtitled one is a lot more downbeat and "chinese" in outlook, whereas the dubbed one is made into more of a western comedy. Especially the final fight scene with the Toad.

The subtitled one is far more thoughtful and "spiritual" as is most of Stephen Chow's work. Shaolin Soccer too.

Get the extended subtitled versions of each and prepare for kino.

whats wrong with that?

china gets shit done
and drugs from he west ruined his child

Wow, i had no idea about Kung Fu Hustle being so altered. It made me tear up at certain points regardless of the changes, i'll have to watch it with subtitles.

He was supportive of the government even before all that IIRC. Personally I find it hard to believe Jackie is actually a bad guy, but maybe that's just me being tricked by his public persona. I'd rather believe maybe the guy's just ultra patriotic or some shit so he blinds himself to the faults of his own government. Not like that sort of thing is exclusive to China.

Anyway his politics don't mean jack shit to me, his movies are still good. Get rekt

The subtltled version actually made me cry for real because the scenes with the girl ate a lot more profound than just "here's your broken lollypop" in the dub.

There's a lot more going on between them which doesn't really come across that well in the western release.

That's not to say the western release is bad. Far from it in fact. It's a much more accessible version for starters. Not everyone likes to be distracted from a film to read text in a tiny box at the bottom of a screen.

Subtitled films are ones you have to watch multiple times by their very nature. As you're bound to miss subtleties while having to look away to read.

Yeah if Jackie does his own voice it does seem a bit more acceptable

That is a shame about the script change . I also noticed some dubbed movies are also cut short for international releases. Like said, Jackie's movies are light hearted, but I still wouldn't want parts of the movie to get left out.

>>Wheels on Meals

Not that user but I watched it and the Lucky Stars on Bravo back in the late 90s. Loved it.

>Carpenter actually wanted Jackie for the role of the Asian guy
Now that could have been something

I enjoyed Wheels on Meals. The skateboard fight scene was a lot of fun, and so was Sammo Hung as the bumbling detective.

>any other old-school kung fu fans here that don't like Drunken Master 1 that much? It's a fine movie, don't get me wrong, and a deserved classic, but I feel like Jackie wasn't at his best doing the old chop-socky stuff.
I'll admit that the fight scenes weren't on par with Jackie's later work, but all the wacky side characters (particularly Thunderleg) are just so much fun that I can't help but love the movie.