I'm an atheist. Really, that's all I have to say

I'm an atheist. Really, that's all I have to say.

But this makes Sup Forums angry. Why? Why does Sup Forums hate atheism with a burning passion?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IkVC1gZInxQ
youtube.com/watch?v=j0LhabQJ_-w
youtube.com/watch?v=4NQOnjswuFI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_atheism
haaretz.com/jewish/the-jewish-thinker/.premium-1.669381
shj.org/
myjewishlearning.com/article/secular-humanistic-judaism-rejecting-god/
myjewishlearning.com/article/must-a-jew-believe-in-god/
huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/23/atheist-jews-judaism-without-god_n_978418.html
thehumanist.com/magazine/september-october-2014/humanist-living/jewish-atheists-and-koufax-jews
secularpolicyinstitute.net/numbers-the-rise-of-jewish-atheists/
youtu.be/nrvpZxMfKaU?t=5m21s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

post more viking cats

Next one

This thread is being slid right the fuck off the catalog.

Why are the mods doing this? The thread is being slid. Come on. It's almost as if the mods don't want discussion to take place.

I almost never talk about it anymore though. This is my first time talking about it in months, my first time making a thread about it in years.

If you're implying that Sup Forums hates atheists because atheists mention their atheism too much, then I'd remind you that everyone talks about who and what they are, it's sort of what humans do.

yay viking catz

Sorry, that's the point though: Sup Forums doesn't give a squirt of piss about atheism per se. Sup Forums trashes atheists who think it means something or is relevant to fucking anything. *Here's your pat on the back for not believing in something.* Get fucked.

But take the inverse of atheism, which is religion, and in this case, Christianity. Why does Sup Forums not get angry at Christians when they insult people for not believing, make threads constantly, and shit up the board?

Is Atheism uncommon in Canada?
I though you guy's would not be that bothered about what other people think about god.

thankz

no one gives a fuck if you are an atheist or christian
when you go around saing "ayy lmao fuck your beliefs god isn't real :^)))" is when people get pissed off

While the "Sup Forums is satire" meme is largely untrue, sometimes it is senpai.

Nigger that the fuck are you even doing?

Now imagine the hypocritical butthurt on here if someone had posted a large pro-atheism infographic on par with what you just posted.

Due to our leftist existence, we are far more respectful of atheism, as well as anyone and everyone having varied beliefs. I'm not a leftist, but this is one of the redeeming features of it for people like me. I'd rather not live in an environment where religious beliefs were constantly forced on me, and Canadian society knows that forcing religion on people is wrong.

Why do you not feel like you are Sup Forums when you dish out against Christianity?

Atheism is degeneracy by the way.

I don't care.
The only atheists I don't like are the ones no one asked for.
Granted this is a Tibetan smoke signal forum, so have at it.

Are you new here? Are you aware of the fedora meme? You seem to be implying that Sup Forums stands with me as opposed to you.

I'm just trying to understand why people handle atheism the way they do here. Look at what you just said, "atheism is degeneracy". I can't even insult you back, lest I be absolutely bombarded with fedora memes and called a neckbeard by numerous people. Whatever, it's the Internet, but I have nothing to do and I'm trying to understand how and why the people here deal with atheism the way they do.

>Now imagine the hypocritical butthurt on here if
No rebuttals, though? Pro-atheism infographs are usually disinfo, aiming at making religion or Christianity especially seem absurd or hilarious, rather than false. They do it by using out of context phrases from the Scriptures using some English translation they don't bother to state, ignoring all theology, reason, context and even genre.

I'm not here to have a debate with you, Mr. Intellectual. How ironic that you are doing the same thing that everyone here hates atheists for. Answer what I asked here . I'm not here to argue with you, you're not going to change your mind and neither am I.

Hey, it's a myth. That's literally all I need. I don't base my life around ancient myths because they were used to fill in gaps in humanity's knowledge which we have filled.

I'm not going to base my life around a random myth, if I would I'd do the Viking one or something. I'm a normal person though so I am just an atheist.

Dogs are superior

This

Most people don't even care about da gayz until they start being flaming faggots about it and throwing it in your face.

>Are you new here?
No.
>Are you aware of the fedora meme?
Yes. Are you aware of the Kek meme? Or the "christcuck" meme?
>You seem to be implying that Sup Forums stands with me as opposed to you.
I'm not. I'm implying that you do not belong here in your own opinion, and want us to be more inclusive. This is in your nature, as it is your self-interest that fuels you, since your axiomatic beliefs in {nothing important} make philosophical thinking dangerous, and sophistry, lulz and ego remain the only things you actually respect. That is atheism if it was honest. It is layered like ogres because it is a horrible thing when it is honest.
>I'm just trying to understand why people handle atheism the way they do here.
I gave you infographic on why. Religion and especially Christianity stand against politically correct narratives in a decent 180 degree relation. Atheism at its core either doesn't care or agrees with the narrative. Ie. it is politically correct.

You also seem to think that atheism is not degenerate. Tell me what makes you think (note the implied priority here) that truth matters?

I started the christcuck meme and I am so fucking proud.

that's associated with reddit and I hate reddit

Its mostly the stupid fucking cat memes and being generally unlikeable OP.

>Hurr durr people believe in God
>muh platitudes
>muh Islamic shilling
>muh trash I try to pass off as philosophy

No one would give a shit if you weren't a smug, validation seeking fag tbqh. And most reasonable, intelligent, high test chill people fucking HATE cats.

great example of atheist insecurity

>random

True religion is dead

It's no longer about reaffirming your place in the world, and being happy and secure no matter what situation you're in.
Now it's all about indoctrination and trying to create a vacuum of logic in order to cut any argument short of a fist fight.

The Faith's are dead. All we have now is religions as organizations.
Not community houses of thoughtfulness.

Kek is a joke, and "christcuck" seems to mostly be confined to Otherchan. You are trying so hard to fight me right now. Just relax. I haven't insulted a Christian's faith on the Internet in, I'd say, 5 years or so. I'm going to ignore the rest of what you said, since you are coming from a position of clear bias, and you clearly have an axe to grind for whatever reason you've conjured up in your head.

But I don't do any of that though. Look at how you're communicating right now, and you have the audacity to call someone else arrogant? A mirror. Find one.

An atheist? That's nothing. I'm a devil worshipper.
>tfw you used black magic to get ahead
>tfw you feel like an outcast to God
>tfw you succeed at everything you do but can't feel any happiness about it
>tfw you can never deny the power of magic lest you lose it all
The worst thing is there's nothing I can do to reverse the fact that I signed the pact.

>And most reasonable, intelligent, high test chill people fucking HATE cats.
wat

You don't like cats but you like that nignog.

You probably shouldn't be judging people.

>that nignog.

wat

I didn't say arrogant. I said fag.

I had friends that didn't believe in God, and were totally fine. They didn't fucking think Sam Harris or that jackoff Krauss were the greatest minds in the history of our species.

But then, I met the insufferable fedora anti-Christian, Islamic shilling, cucked useful idiots that comprise whatever the hell atheism as a movement has become. If you aren't one of those cunts, as you say, then I take back hating on your fucking Viking cat his helmet is nice.

atheism corrupts society. It precedes degeneracy. Rise of atheism is coupled by feminism and marxist ideals.

>sign a pact with the devil to succeed in life
>still here on Sup Forums

Agreed. I meet those criteria, and cats are where it's at, dog.

If you're a New Atheist, you're part of the problem (Cultural Marxism)

Not an argument.

Aside from the ones with herpes, I like the non-white ones too user.

I guess this is the point where I talk about "different from the others" I am. But no, it wasn't Sup Forums or the fedora meme that stopped me from associating with the atheist identity, it was things like reading atheist comments on Youtube, constantly getting banned from atheist forums, the worship of people like Dawkins, and so forth. I don't know who Krauss is, I know Sam Harris is a Jew though. I experienced all that years ago.

I don't support feminism or marxism, which is also odd, since I have noticed that the Internet seems to *fucking loathe* atheist men that are anti-feminist, or not feminist. I refuse to get involved in that specific discussion, since I don't want people spamming fedora memes and calling me a 'neckbeard' in every single sentence they type to me. Feminism has caused quite a lot of damage, the alt-right says it's just another facet of 'cultural marxism', but it has caused so much damage and division that it deserves to be classified on it's own.

Atheists vote leftist.

>Christians don't follow the OT
>Use Leviticus 18 to judge fags

The stupid fedora/neckbeard meme has infected a lot of people. Credit to whoever created it, but still, atheism will win out in the end.

you not subscribing to feminism or marxism doesn't mean all that much though. When you take God away from society, you are left with relativism and the cultural values are changed on a whim. Just look at how American has changed as religion became less and less influence.

pic related btw. That is the result of a society who seem themselves as god.

Jews are promoting atheism
And its the default position of bluepilled liberals, sjw's and other degenerates

youtube.com/watch?v=IkVC1gZInxQ
youtube.com/watch?v=j0LhabQJ_-w
youtube.com/watch?v=4NQOnjswuFI

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_atheism
haaretz.com/jewish/the-jewish-thinker/.premium-1.669381
shj.org/
myjewishlearning.com/article/secular-humanistic-judaism-rejecting-god/
myjewishlearning.com/article/must-a-jew-believe-in-god/
huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/23/atheist-jews-judaism-without-god_n_978418.html
thehumanist.com/magazine/september-october-2014/humanist-living/jewish-atheists-and-koufax-jews
secularpolicyinstitute.net/numbers-the-rise-of-jewish-atheists/

>>Use Leviticus 18 to judge fags

Romans 1:25-28

>atheism will win out in the end.

Mostly - Matthew 24:10-12

Poor sod, did you think your soul was worth very much? All you get is 10 good years. Mine are almost up.

This thread is not about your approval, and I never said I was "god". I'm noticing that a lot of people are resorting to cesspool memes to communicate with me, and this thread has basically made me realize that beyond cesspool memes, not many of you know how to deal with atheists. I didn't come here to debate with anybody about existence, or to proclaim my superiority, I came to try to understand why you people deal with atheism/atheists the way you do, and the picture has become more clear.

And you know I did go overboard. But that's only because I think "those" atheists are foundationally void ass hats who really don't deserve intellectual respect. Because those people it seems jut always have an axe to grind. This is not even to say I wouldn't show respect to Dawkins or other prominent minds who are atheist, but their most vocal disciples have been insufferable for a while now.

Pic unrelated but I picked a white one this time for user's sake.

>most atheists are faggy as fuck and completely retarded
On an unrelated note, do you understand what the concept of zero is?

> I never said I was "god"
you probably live like you are though. I doubt you live for anything greater than yourself and I see no reason to if there is no God
>I came to try to understand why you people deal with atheism/atheists the way you do
you need to understand that atheism has many implications that people like you refuse to address claiming "it's just a non belief." people deal with atheism the way they do because as mentioned in my previous post, it's one of the ways it destroys society and no amount of intelligent discourse will ever curb it. It always come down to "your irrational, believing a kike on a stick etc." Only thing left is to mock the fedoras right?

Top thread. Hooray for viking cats!

>Not being the superior Agnosticist
>Not believing in Lord KEK
>Not believing in meme magic

I feel bad for you man.

I'm an Atheist but I think I understand Sup Forumss position through all the shitposting and butthurt

I think a large amount of the youth today are only really introduced to the notion because it's trendy and because "mom and dad" wasted their Sundays taking them to church, and it's SO PROGRESSIVE, which makes it an excellent base for all the 'progress' that can come with throwing away all those old shitlord traditions.

Worse yet, it makes for a perfect platform for social control because a hedonistic youth population who can't see anything existing past their own short lives are very easy to sell things to and VERY easy to coerce, because they believe literally nothing is worth dying for- if there's no "nation" or "cause" and not even the reward of an afterlife, why bother suffering? Society is no good to you if you're dead, they tell themselves, so it's better to just keep their head down and go along with what their friends are doing.

I'm not trying to make a statement with my lack of belief, or fight for any kind of "progressive" agenda, I just don't believe God exists, the same way you don't believe in Martians or Thor, and I couldn't really change that if I tried to.

>you probably live like you are though. I doubt you live for anything greater than yourself

That's just an assumption, derived from your own bitterness.

>you need to understand that atheism has many implications that people like you refuse to address claiming "it's just a non belief."

I didn't come here to debate with you, I'm saying this for the 3rd, maybe 4th time now in this thread.

>It always come down to "your irrational, believing a kike on a stick etc."

I never said "kike on a stick", those "kike on a stick" atheists are a very specific breed.

>Only thing left is to mock the fedoras right?

Your position is that you need to mock atheists because they ruin society, but then why are people like you always so solely focused on atheists, especially white atheist males? Correct me if I'm wrong, but Christians, women, Muslims, humans, do bad things all day everyday that wear away at the core of decency, and yet Internet crusaders are solely focused on white atheist males. If your argument is that atheism is bad because it ruins society, then you need to start attacking all sorts of people. Good luck with that.

You are mistaking "secularism" for atheism, and Christian revivalists on Internet cesspools tend to vastly overstate the strength and prevalence of atheism. It's nowhere near as widespread as they say it is.

>That's just an assumption, derived from your own bitterness.
help me understand then leaf, what do you live for and why
>I didn't come here to debate with you, I'm saying this for the 3rd, maybe 4th time now in this thread.
I'm just giving you reasons why people have general disdain for atheists (not talking about the honest ones like Bertrand Russel)

>I never said "kike on a stick", those "kike on a stick" atheists are a very specific breed.
I was giving reasons of why many atheists today believe in the things they do

>Correct me if I'm wrong, but Christians, women, Muslims, humans, do bad things all day everyday that wear away at the core of decency,
I am not attacking people, I am attacking ideas. Atheism is a degenerate one.

>It's nowhere near as widespread as they say it is.

Yeah because everyone else is Muslim or what?

Western European Christianity is all but dead

>help me understand then leaf, what do you live for and why

You're just going to criticize it and then use cesspool memes to get an advantage on me, but fine.

I live for my family, friends, experiences, future possibilities. Life itself is amazing, even though it has lots of problems. Existing and thinking, eating, breathing, seeing, it's amazing. I also want to have a wife one day, that would be nice. Kids too maybe, I always wanted sons. I have a duty to my family and friends to stick around, to enjoy my life and make theirs enjoyable too. I want to make a bucket list of experiences to do, but I'm too lazy to make one.

>I'm just giving you reasons why people have general disdain for atheists (not talking about the honest ones like Bertrand Russel)
>I was giving reasons of why many atheists today believe in the things they do

I had to Google Bertrand Russell to remember his name. I'm walking a very fine line here. I'm trying to find out why people here see atheists the way they do, I am being rather honest, but I think one too many atheists have fallen victim to the "honesty" meme and got torn to virtual shreds by the Internet for doing so.

>I am not attacking people, I am attacking ideas. Atheism is a degenerate one.

Now can you imagine if I had said, "Christianity is degenerate"? The absolute hate I would have received is staggering. I've seen it before, I've watched as it happened to others. But yes, I do notice how Internet crusader ideologues tend to focus on white atheist males only, and I have never, ever gotten a reason as to why they do that. It shall remain a mystery.

You seem to be confusing 'atheists' with secularists, non-religious people and moderate Christians. Just because someone doesn't shout "Deus Vult!" and spam fedora memes, it doesn't mean they are an atheist. Yes, church attendance is declining, and the organized aspect is not as strong, but it seems to have been replaced by a more personalized theism.

please understand I don't hold any ill will towards you
>I live for my family, friends, experiences, future possibilities. Life itself is amazing, even though it has lots of problems
Isn't all of this for yourself though?

>Christianity is degenerate?
if you can make a good argument of why that is, you will receive better responses than fedoras.

>but it seems to have been replaced by a more personalized theism.

No, it has been replaced by irreligion. Which might as well be atheism as far as my religion is concerned

In America, virtually everyone is Christian, atheist is like .7% of the population.

>Viking cat
>Canadian

A FUCKING LEIF

All I have to say to that is

Better

>Link didn't copy in a proper format

Stop trying to get me to debate with you, it's fucking annoying. No, it isn't all for myself. You can claim it is all for me all you want. You've done it a few times. Do it some more. But it's not. I've said numerous times I am not going to debate with you. It's obvious that people want to bait me into a religious debate so I can validate their religious beliefs, and I am going to deprive you all of that experience.

>No, it has been replaced by irreligion
>as far as my religion is concerned

So you're saying that you label everyone 'atheist' who are moderate, secular, and non-religious? Yeah, that sounds like something that someone who uses a cesspool site like this would say. I feel sorry for you honestly, so many people believe in some form of religion, especially Christianity, and you choose to isolate yourself on a site like this and claim you're a minority. It doesn't make sense to me, man. Go outside and stay away from places like Sup Forums (and other image boards) Reddit, Tumblr, 9gag, and you'll see that it's not so bad for you.

>being this jaded
lad, the fedora meme has destroyed you hasn't it?

desu, I already presented many reasons why atheists are met with disdain and why the reverse isn't true for Christianity, and you haven't responded to either of those because you know it's true.

Are you ok bruv?

It's never been used against me really. Calm down with the snarky attitude. Christians are arrogant all the time, just look at the responses in this thread, of which you contributed. Arrogance is a part of the human condition.

>and you haven't responded to either of those because you know it's true.

You were trying to embed those points into an argument about religion, and I didn't take the bait.

Yes. Wait, so you're not going to run with the "Christians are an oppressed minority" meme anymore? That's good news then m8.

OP I am also atheist but it's because a lot of atheists that are open about also happen to be annoying as fuck about their lack of belief.

>Now can you imagine if I had said, "Christianity is degenerate"?

if you can make a good argument of why that is, you will receive better responses than fedoras

I told you people attack atheism because it's degenerate due to its implications of moral relativism. All you said was Christianity is degenerate without any reasons to back it. And now you are thinking that I'm somehow baiting you into an argument of why your an atheist and stuff. I don't get you lad.

Atheism in general gets confused with the left a lot, because the most vocal leftists are often atheists. It also doesn't help when you have people like Molyneux trying to fan those fires claiming that atheism in general is associated with the left.

Christopher Hitchens did a lot for the moment, but he did one thing that was really shitty: gave it this bizarre association with leftism and homosexuality.

ITT: no one hates atheism just OP acting like a douche

>if you can make a good argument of why that is, you will receive better responses than fedoras

I didn't come here to argue with you, and nothing would be aa good argument to you or the cesspool dwellers in the first place. You are are one snide piece of shit.

>All you said was Christianity is degenerate without any reasons to back it

I never said that at all, you need to reign in your feelings of persecution. You and others did try to bait me into an argument here. I never insulted your beliefs and I never said Christianity was degenerate. Get the fuck over yourself, lad.

Use your eyes and read the thread. People here are using outdated cesspool memes to force a narrative that isn't true, and that has basically been this thread in a nutshell. The sheer irony of what people are saying here is amazing.

ok let's go with this step by step
your very first post

>Why does Sup Forums hate atheism with a burning passion?

I said "I told you people attack atheism because it's degenerate due to its implications of moral relativism" my other posts pretty much meant this too.

then you go on to say
>Now can you imagine if I had said, "Christianity is degenerate"? The absolute hate I would have received is staggering

I replied "if you can make a good argument of why that is, you will receive better responses than fedoras"

This means that the reason why you would get hate for saying Christinaity is degenerate is because you can't really present a good reason why it is degenerate, unlike what I did for atheism

And now you are saying how you don't want to argue and what not. Why did you bother making this thread if you weren't interested in hearing different opinions?

A true aryan cat

I'm an atheist too and nobody gives a shit. I hate atheists who think that bringing up ancient history of Christian violence means that the sand monkeys are somehow justified in their bullshit. Fucking pisses me off to no end. I just wish other atheists would get real. Mudslimes will lead to the death of humanity.

Because it's a meme and newfags of Sup Forums associate it with reddit since they're from there and that's their main source of exposure to it. Also it's other atheists trying to troll and get a rise out of each other but that became obvious and has calmed down now.

Because atheists have a track record of being more arrogant and obnoxious than any religious zealot.
>"You believe in God/go to church? Oh you poor ignorant fool allow me to patronize the fuck out of you."

The faggots going door to door telling me I will go to hell if I don't donate to them are more tolerable than any fedoralord

Atheist who will back your claim one million percent.

Why are you an atheist? You can't know for certain that no higher power exists. You don't have evidence regarding the beginning of time and space. Active disbelief in gods is as folly as belief in them.

Do not profess your ignorance. Know that you will never know what you cannot know.
t. Agnostic

>This means that the reason why you would get hate for saying Christinaity is degenerate is because you can't really present a good reason why it is degenerate

False, the reason I would receive hate for it is because I am in a cesspool that has spread anti-atheist memes for years. It is part of the culture of this part of the Internet to be anti-atheist.

>unlike what I did for atheism

What reason? What argument? Your personal opinion? Regurgitated Sup Forums talking points? Whatever your youth group said last week?

>And now you are saying how you don't want to argue and what not. Why did you bother making this thread if you weren't interested in hearing different opinions?

You are going in a circle now. I made this thread because I want to see the justification that people use on here for why they hate atheism so much. Then, you and a few other people came along and started whining about atheists and picking a fight using the exact same methods you say atheists use, which is why you hate them, or so you claim.

>What reason? What argument? Your personal opinion? Regurgitated Sup Forums talking points? Whatever your youth group said last week?

look at >When you take God away from society, you are left with relativism and the cultural values are changed on a whim.

>I made this thread because I want to see the justification that people use on here for why they hate atheism so much.
I did give you my reasons, and then you said I was trying to bait you into an argument.

You did constantly bait me into an argument though. You and others. You dished out some personal attacks. So what is your point here? Are you going to keep being a snide hypocritical ass, trying to fight me and regurgitating talking points you learned from others? Your "argument" was no more than your own opinion, and you engaged in quite a few personal attacks and false assumptions. You need to go outside and stop spending time in places like this. Sites like Sup Forums, Reddit, 9gag, Tumblr, some obscure forums, are all linked for a reason.

>When you take God away from society, you are left with relativism and the cultural values are changed on a whim.

This is my reason why I dislike atheism. Sure it's an opinion, but I can justify it with the decline of Christianity and the current degeneracy of the West.

kek I just had a gander outside, and saw my really fat cat sleeping on the treadmill

do you guys want a pic?

why not

current year checked

>Why does Sup Forums hate atheism with a burning passion?

Sup Forums is contrarian at its core so when atheism is going mainstream Sup Forums finds god.

Also in the early Sup Forums days christian forums tried to raid here/were raided, it was the migrants form there that started the DEGENERACY shitposting in earnest.

Also edge.

Because there is no evidence for a "higher power" and until proper evidence is gained there is no reason to believe in such a thing.

You can actively not believe in something and still have an open mind to the scientific side of things.

lots of atheists on pol we just avoid debating retarded religiots

Wouldn't a true Christian not even go on Sup Forums? Every single board is flooded with "sin". Who here actually regularly goes to church services and prays and all that?

That's a view I see stated in this thread often - that Christianity has declined. But how? If you look for it, Christianity is in many places. I even see them the odd time I get bored enough to play a multiplayer game these days. The Internet had a period of Christian revivalism from 2013 - 2015. You got the fedora meme. You have politicians that need to at least pay lip service and pander to people like you so they can be taken seriously. You have religious slogans on public buildings, and God is in the U.S. constitution. The Internet is constantly used by people like you to promote religion.

I'm not sure what else you want. Absolutely everyone agreeing with you? It won't happen. I would say you are on the winning side, but it was never a contest to begin with.