What's something you'd like to see more in American films?

What's something you'd like to see more in American films?

he was so shitty in TWBB. This bitch literally plays the same character, gimself in everything. Cannot act. Jlaw 2.0.

Good thing he looks like a freak on screen and is done.

I'd like to see more stories about Cuban-Americans. I know we're a small ethnic group, but our stories, especially those of us who are descended from ordinary decent people (not the rich gusanos) really sort of embody the American dream. These people fought against heartless communists, on behalf of a government they never much cared for....then Washington abandoned them to that heartless communist. And they had to either flee or be tortured/shot by Castro's goons.

I'm a little annoyed that our only big movie is an Italian guy playing a Cuban gangster.

jewesses

Anything that's not capeshit or a sequel

I'd like to see more historical dramas set during the Revolution, or the War of 1812 honestly. Maybe something about the war against the Barbary Pirates. There's this wonderful historical backdrop with plenty of opportunities and it never gets used, really.

US involvement in Latin America in the 60's would actually yield a lot of really sweet stories for movies as well.

daw that makes me sad. why do you think he was shitty in TWBB?

I'M ACTING
also he's ugly as sin.

are you telling me you're sick of movies based on comic books?

i cant believe it.

tell me more about this war?

and i'd actually like to see a love story set in Latin America in the 60's. It could be very gritty and raw but beautiful.

well i dont care if he's ugly i just want a genuine performance. he def goes above and beyond when it comes to acting and sometimes that makes him seem like he's trying too hard but he's one of the few method actors left that aren't cringeworthy.

no more jews man cmon.

jews and japs are destroying the film/television industry. and blacks with their slave/please-gimme-retribution-for-this-propoganda-piece films

so much this!!!

Two charming young men who are sincerely best friends doing activities together and just being fucking charismatic as hell with good dialogue. Bonus if they realize their friendship is more important than whores and they don't fight over women. Extra bonus if they aren't sexual degenerates and don't even care that much about women. I hate women so so much.

Because he *is* the same character, user.

Last of the Mohicans
Gangs of New York
Lincoln
There Will Be Blood

All the man we first know as "Hawkeye".

i almost forgot

at the end they fuck

Will Smith getting raped by tentacles

It's some Man From Earth shit, but the progression works in a glorious 4 movie arc.

>Naive Native American
>Fierce nativist
>Tired unionist
>Total misanthrope

step brothers

double extra super ultra bonus if they aren't jews.

Exotic locations. Tired of so many movies talking place in urban cities.

And Less colour grading filters. Maybe.

Giant breasts.

>tell me more about this war?

I'm not the guy you're replying to, but basically, Arabs and Berbers were kidnapping Europeans and Americans and selling them into slavery. The USA's 3rd president, Thomas Jefferson, ordered their military to go crush those slavers, all the way back in 1801. And they succeeded. The US Marines still talk about the "Shores of Tripoli".

>and i'd actually like to see a love story set in Latin America in the 60's. It could be very gritty and raw but beautiful.

Depends on what part of Latin America you're talking about. Remember, this is a massive area, with many cultures and races, don't be confused by the way we all speak Spanish.

Naval battles. And not those from ww2 but more oldschool. Either with pirates or from napoleonic wars, there hasn't been enough good stuff.

Good luck getting that produced by Hollywood

Tons of those in Revolutionary War, Barbary Wars, War of 1812 settings too.

Seriously, naval battles on the Great Lakes? What the fuck?

thats why indie films exist

do you have any resources or links for this? i wanna look into it.

also, where did you learn about this? internet is gonna be my guess lol i did a little googling and found little info about the first barbary war

already loving this new meme!

well when you put it into that kind of perspective.

have to rewatch his films now.

Graphic male rape.

kinda close, user

nazis/germans being treated as humans instead of complete psychopaths.

sick of the urban/inner city locations too. it's so easy for out of touch writers to just base a character's location is a major city lacking some form of culture.

if anything, rural america would be a nice change of pace. Like Fargo where the dialect was unique from other major films

giggidy

Less quick edits. Would love to see the fight you think is great, but having a 1 minute fight with 50+ cuts is really unnecessary.

what about a film that centers on a jew who becomes a nazi. there's thousands of true stories about jews, especially in poland, who became nazi's in order to protect their families.

Having just watched that movie, Fargo did a lot right beyond just the accent.

The people are dumpy looking, the scenery vast, the plot plodding with days between events. You don't get that in whiz bang blockbusters.

i love fluid fight scenes that don't cut away after 2 seconds. like the hammer fight scene in old boy.

or like DDL's character in In the Name of the Father where he basically gets the shit kicked out of him irl but still fought back. it wasn't choreographed but still i wanna see 3-6 min scenes of just solid fighting with the camera rolling.

or that one movie, i'd kill to remember the name, but it was in the 70s or 80s where two actors actually fought and i think one of the actors bit the other's ear off.

someone help me out here. it's either an english or australian film with a prominent actor today who wasn't very prominent back then

Yeah but you need a big budget for an epic 19th naval battle movie

what else do you think they got right with Fargo.

i love how barren of a wasteland they made the city feel. like, it's a utopia but also barren. it's a homey little town where nobody bothers them

filming a movie in new Zealand or Australia will probably cut those expenses in half. Hacksaw Ridge was filmed in Australia but if it was made in Hollywood, it would've cost hundreds of millions more than was it would cost in Aussie

Yeah, it's tough. Hollywood has no interest in non-Mexican latinos (because we voted Trump) or in a story about the US fighting Muslims to rescue whites, because, you know, that disrupts the narrative/

>do you have any resources or links for this? i wanna look into it.

It's kind of public knowledge. Basically any history book will tell you about it. I first learned about it in 7th grade history class.

period pieces of unrepresented times. like ancient greece.

One other nice thing that comes to mind for me is the characters. They've all got strengths and flaws, without falling into stereotypes.

Small town sheriff who pieces things together like nobody's business, but she's pregnant and seems too wholesome to be dealing with crime.

Smooth talker criminal who occasionally fucks up while his hardass accomplice sees through his plot to screw him.

Stoic Indian who sets things up still gets his ass beat and folds to the cops.

You can just go on and on.

But we already have 300.

Historical sets are expensive and we need a mass audience, so it can't just be Socrates & Plato: The Movie.

How can you tackle that?

shut the fuck up spic

disappointing thread

historical sociopathy and evil of white people

media really glosses over how vile white people are

Two Words: Full Penetration