Why is this bombing? Is it really that bad?

Why is this bombing? Is it really that bad?

it's a shitty movie attempting to ride of the success of another shitty movie that's over 20 years old. So yes, it's bad.

>translates to The Circle Rings

And they say English is dumb....Oh boy

Just took my daughter and her friend to see it. People were muttering that it was boring through the whole movie. None of us liked it.

Did it bother anyone else how they gave her a troll face in the remake? Totally ruined the creepiness for me.

the subplot with the Professor (which is barely shown) is the only thing that's halfway interesting about it

and I guess the visual of the tape coming on all the airplane screens is cool, but that scene is still real fucking dumb

Le be quiete

>reboot a horror franchise that didn't need to ever be rebooted and nobody wanted it

When are people going to realize that syfy literally exists for this shit?

My mom and dad literally watch syfy for the shitty scary things they have plus sharknado and silly shit.

I'm not going to the theater for 8 dollar a seat matinees for horror.

The trailers make it look like they ruined the biggest part of the fear of the original by showing her killing people

did Sadako ever move like that? I thought that was a Grudge thing

yeah the face was bad but i like how grungier she is otherwise, compared to jaypan where she's all immaculate

this.

movie wasn't scary at all

hurr durr le evil white male is the bad guy all along

Samara wants my dick?

Post your daughter's friend

>2 Februar I'm Kino
Kino confirmed.

The Japanese one isn't scary either. Just some pale woman.

She still looks fuckable to me.

>IM KINO

The airplane scene was the worst and dumbest part.

To me, it felt like fanfiction. The people making it did seem to really care about the original movies. They just have no fucking idea how to make a movie. The plot/pacing was a mess. The acting was terrible. But at the same time, it felt enough like a Ring movie. Nothing in it tainted the franchise too much for me. Although we can stop it here, please.

>It won't stop.

Never mind.

Also,
>"He's kind of a badass."
>It's the kike from TBBT

He was very believable as every shit-filled communications professor I ever had.

only good scenes were the ending and the tape popping up on the flight, which was retarded in concept

The whole premise to start with is retarded. They've just embraced that silliness now.

>nobody wanted it
I did. Since 2005.

Yeah, man. Less is more. They never learn.

She did in the ring two while climbing the well to catch her mommy.

Can we agree that The Grudge is actually scary? The fact that it's just a pale woman shouldn't invalidate the fear, it's that she's dead and you can't fight her, that croaking noise she makes and that she's completely inescapable. That one woman even tried to hide under the covers in bed, which everyone knows is foolproof when dealing with ghosts and monsters.

It had some spooky visuals too, the scenes with the meowing kid lurking in the background unnoticed. Pic related in particular used to fuck me up, she seems like a mindless killing machine.

>That one woman even tried to hide under the covers in bed, which everyone knows is foolproof when dealing with ghosts and monsters.
That fucked me up so good as a kid. I was a scaredy cat, and the only way I felt safe during nights was hiding under the cover. Then I saw the grudge.

The boy that makes cat noises is funny tho.

Yeah I think the Grudge is pretty scary

Just got back from seeing this movie, and let me put it like this.

The characters are dumb, the plot is stupid, the director treats the audience like idiots, it's not scary, the acting is fucking terrible... but god damn did this movie make me love Samara even more!

The fucking long con she pulls in this movie is hilarious to watch.

When she rose out of Juliet's cellphone in the cicada swarm to kill her dad, I just pictured her giggling with glee.

As someone who always thought Samara was the most interesting and likeable character in the entire series, despite being fucking evil, this movie was a joy to watch.

Also she crashed a plane with no survivors, which was pretty rad.

Yes. I was a little too old to hide under the covers but the movie made it so easy to scare yourself with since any building you go into could have had a violent murder occur in it.

I thought the kid was spooky, would have been worse if it had implied he killed anyone but you could imagine it. Was the father supposed to have killed their cat as well and the kid and cat ghosts combined?

>Can we agree that The Grudge is actually scary?
the original yes, the remake is meh

Gotta keep myself from reading spoilers unti, I see it today. I don't expect much from the movie, I just wanna have fun.

Oh you'll have fun. Unlike Ring 2, which is the boring kind of bad, Rings is the funny kind of bad. I had to keep myself from laughing at several of the bad deliveries and stupider plot points.

I took my wife's daughter and her boyfriend to see it. I think they were pretty scared by it since every time I looked back at them they weren't looking at the screen and were holding each other.

Underrated.

The original Japanese film? I'm too much of a pussy to watch Jap horror films, are they really as spooky as I think?

Ringu was one of the most unnerving things I've ever watched and I'm in the group of people who think that movies are truly never scary or terrifying.

Anybody else disappointed they took away her testicles in the remake? Maybe the grorious Nipponese movie, too. I saw it at one point but fuck if a remember.

The book was fucking bananas.

Pretty sure that's in the Korean version. I could be wrong, I haven't seen it in the better part of a decade, but they kept the virus element.

They are both ways of depicting a Yurei which have been around for centuries

Haven't seen it. The premise doesn't work now though. It was only scary when it was a vhs tape. It's fucking gay when it's a file sent to you on your computer.

i agree i actually keked irl at that post

Japanese ghosts movies are movies men can't understand.

You idiots. Kino is german for cinema.