What's the best movie of the decade so far?

What's the best movie of the decade so far?
>pic related is mine

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt5784504/
youtube.com/watch?v=zfuaWPicXfY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i was deeplz impressed by prisoners. it reached a level i thought US kino would never reach again.

but yours is close OP. Gyllenhall is the patrician actor of this generation.

Pic related IMO
Don't kill me

The Martian

Inside Llewyn Davis
The Master
Blue is the Warmest Color

One of my favorites.

This decade, not century.

Reddit

Those movies came out in 2013, 2012, and 2013...?

My bad, then. Thought one of them was from 2007.

Tdkr

are you serious?

Terrible

isnt that just a generic job hunting movie where the guy is very ambitious?
i literally dont get the appeal. it isnt even a good drama if that were the genre, it's not a good thriller because I mean, what's the story: there is no particular crime or problem. He just tries his very best to be a good, cutting edge journalist.

I wish him the very best in his life? I dont get how this is a movie?

Why?

Social Network
The Hunt
Fury Road

Drive

burger spotted

>yfw the best movie that came out this decade is an anime

Tree of Life is probably the safest answer I guess.

The Grey is the most criminally underrated film of the decade so far though. It's pure kino and a borderline masterpiece and it received virtually no recognition whatsoever.

Ok, I'll be honest: I haven't seen much films of this decade, but the one that seemed the best to me was Hell or High Water

The only thing that was good in it was the animation.

Nightcrawler definitely is a 10/10 for me. Comfy, well-acted, disturbing and funny. Also starts out with btfo'ing the baby boomers that nearly crippled the country.

It's more in the vains of 7/10, but it's one of my favorites from 2015. Jake is a great actor that I love more and more.

not as good as keit-ai
imdb.com/title/tt5784504/

Easily impressed, politically 'woke'. Classic

You night have autism

THE best movie of the decade and THE biggest pleb filter of our time

Boyhood. Then maybe whiplash

not him but i found some cuts very jarring and the music was really overplayed in some scenes. Otherwise a great film.

(you)

You could not BE more reddit

>saying positive things about acclaimed films is worthy of sarcastic (you)s
This fucking board

i enjoyed whiplash a lot, but that's probably because I always wanted to be a drummer
Nightstalker tho, can't wait for nightstalker 2

this movie sucked.. and the ending was dumb
it looked really cool, though, yeah, sure

>can't wait for nightstalker 2
kys

pleb spotted

what was so good about interstellar? the story?
ill admit it was very well shot, but fuck, boring

A Serious Man

this

yea where do you think we are? not sure why youre surprised

Honestly it feels like someone sent Affleck just the pages of the script where he is being interviewed at the police station, and then tries to kill himself.

The movie doesn't know what it wants to be. It jumps between dark comedy, to just flat out drama over and over again. Several plotlines just weren't built up enough either. They really half-assed it when trying to make it seem like Lee was a pariah in the town, because... reasons.

That being said, I get the feeling that the writer was self-inserting quite a bit. He knew exactly what would trigger a panic attack and executed it perfectly. Someone actually showed off what one was for once. They also did a great job showing what a shell of a man Lee is. That because of his past, through no fault of his own, he cannot be the person that people want him to be.

There is a lot of good in the movie, but there is also a lot of bad.

Nightcrawler is fantastic, especially since it was the director's first film. That's an incredibly impressive first outing.

I've watched The Grand Budapest about twenty times since it came out. It's just so fucking comfy man.

Birdman too. Amazing job there.

>inb4 dude quirky lmao
>inb4 dude drums lmao

gone girl

Boyhood was shit. Whiplash was okay but best film of decade? No.

Holy fuck, why is your taste so bad?

Boyhood is great, not bfotd, but only one would be

>Gone Girl
>not excellent
Pick one

>great acting, visuals, costumes and sound
>emotional
Pretty much all around aces

>Have a mature fetish
>Nina and him will obviously fuck at one point
>getting excited for some explicit action
>it never comes
how disappointing.

Not excellent.

It's shit.

Easily the worst Fincher movie. He should be shot for that fucking terrible CGI. Especially since he clearly knows how to handle CGI, he absolutely showed zero interest in the film with such sloppiness. Also, he got called a little bitch by Tyler Perry.

It's kinda implied in the first time that she cried, or did something that upset Lou and they didn't fuck. And they may have fucked a second time, but we never see if that comes to pass.

Its shit

Goodness...the bait is strong....

Classic eloquent Sup Forums criticism

I can already tell you're a cunt in real life due to how sure of yourself you are about a subjective medium, or how you think you have absolute authority on the matter

Enemy > both of those

The only thing why the movie is remembered is because the 12 years of making otherwise nobody would remember it now.
But you have to correct a person if he/she is wrong

No, not really. Often it's just memelords like you who obsess over the 12-year process.

Take Shelter
Certified Copy
The Assassin

>pleb spotted
Said the person whom thinks Interstellar is best anything, let alone a decent film and not what it truly is, Nolan's pathetic attempt at being Kubrick, which, mind you, will never happen.

Name one good thing about it.

It's a good film, but not even among Fincher's holy trinity (Social Network, Zodiac and Fight Club.).

The social network, inception, and drive are films I saw at the cinema and were really memorable. But maybe I became jaded after 2011

Inception is mediocre garbage that could'ev been interesting, since it's premise gives lots of room to play around with which Nolan turned into another run of the mill action flick. Satoshi Kon did it before him, and did it better with his film Paprika.

pic related had better use of time dilation as a plot point

Standard trash anime full of melodrama, linear/dull plot, and autistic dialogue. The animation was the only good part.

My favourite is pic related.

>comparing directors

>muh tropes

range-of-the-moment plebs spotted

Did you even see 2001? There's no denying that Nolan wanted to be Kubrick with Interstellar to the point where it was blatantly obvious.

>muh kubrick

who gives a shit? Interstellar was a good movie, and whether or not he tried to copy anyone is redundant at best.

>Interstellar was a good movie
Again, you're in no position to call anyone a pleb if you actually think this is true. It's visually unappealing, filled with expositional dialogue since Nolan has no faith in his audience, most of the characters were 2D at best, "MUH LOVE TRANSCENDS THE LAWS OF PHYSICS", are some of the reasons why Interstellar can not be considered as anything more than okay, if that. Keep blowiong Nolan off, you're doing a good job, faggot.

Wouldn't say best of the decade, but both are very good.
I liked it but it's a little overrated. The scene of her singing was cringeworthy.
kys
I think this movie gets a lot of undeserved shit, I found it good and definitely more antiwar than one might think at first.
Honestly, if they remade the final act in a less retarded way it might be a good candidate.

Personally, I can't decide on the fly my best one so far. But if I should pick the one that used the medium in the best way, I'd say Fury Road.

>It's visually unappealing,

hell no

>filled with expositional dialogue since Nolan has no faith in his audience,

>characters speaking their minds is somehow bad

>most of the characters were 2D at best,
hell no

>"MUH LOVE TRANSCENDS THE LAWS OF PHYSICS",
If you think this then you didn't get the plot at all.

>keep blowing nolan off

That doesn't mean what you think it does.

The Master.

>I think this movie gets a lot of undeserved shit, I found it good and definitely more antiwar than one might think at first

It is clearly anti-war! It shows how broken Kyle became for going to war

I though Take Shelter was amazing but the ending ruined it a bit though.

yeah, but let's be honest, when someone hears about a movie about a sniper going to iraq anyone would think it would be meant to glorify him.
admittingly the ending with the funeral clashes a littel with the movie's intent, but on the whole I think its message was quite clear, especially considering it shows the family of its nemesis too (ok, it was the bare minimum at humanization, but at least there wasn't a clear cut between the good guys and the bad ones).

>hell no
Hell yes. It feels so mundane and overall fake. Shots do nothing interesting for over 2 hours of the movie nor does it convey the plot in a meaningful way.

>characters speaking their minds is somehow bad
Well, if your definition of dialogue is to cram as many infodumps as you can, then sure, it was great!
>Most of the characters were 2D at best
Outside of the main character, they were. Inception suffered from the exact problem.
>You didn't get it
Sorry, I'm mentally challenged and don't get the excellence that Interstellar was.

Watch 2001, then return and see why you're wrong.

Fucking seriously? Overcooked melodrama and I'M ACTING: the movie

Nightcrawler was good.

No Under the Skin mentioned so far? wtf

Is that even a question?

Plebs.

selena gomez is the most boring blant bimbo of all time

glad to see The Master's been posted cus it da MOTD

Thought that film was incredibly boring, that only had 1 (one) scene that actually justified the animated medium, and would not have been received as well at all had it been live action.

And after seeing this interview, in which they reveal that animation is just a series of still images to create the illusion of movement (and are just generally horrible awkward fuckers), I liked it even less:
youtube.com/watch?v=zfuaWPicXfY

>muh fake
lmao, have you ever seen a probe/ space craft irl?

Zero Dark Thirty was better

thats a big dick

I like this one

American Honey is the good version of this

ayyyyyyy

>And after seeing this interview, in which they reveal that animation is just a series of still images to create the illusion of movement
So you had no idea of what stop motion is.

>Plebs only posting Ameriburger films
Holy Motors, motherfuckers

Not quite as good as Spring Breakers

Of course I did. Everyone does. It's a totally asinine statement.

for you

>Eva Mendes
>Kylie Minogue
Well, cant be much of a good movie...

I enjoyed American Honey a whole lot more, it felt a lot more honest to me. Maybe it's because my expectations were lower, I had never heard of it beyond one review on the radio, but Spring Breakers had a big campaign and big stars, and they made a big thing out of ex-Disney star(s) doing this horrible subversive film iirc. American Honey was too long, I'll give you that.

Both were essentially plotless. It would be interesting to rewatch SB for sure