Why did Batiatus spare his life?

Why did Batiatus spare his life?

Batiatus was this guy btw. He took a huge political and social dive to cover for Spartacus and save his life. Why? Sympathy? It was loose end never really covered in the plot.

Batiatus was like a scout he had a good eye for talent.

he wanted the House of Batiatus to be the best

The first season of this show was pure kino, RIP in piece andy whitfield

>Batiatus was like a scout he had a good eye for talent.

Spartacus had just gotten resoundingly dominated by Crixus, who also belonged to him. Batiatus accrued the scorn of two valuable political connections by covering for this guy, who had embarrassed him already by starting the fight too early.

His motivations for sparing Spartacus are unclear.

Pride. He liked the feeling of "breaking" Spartacus and didn't want to throw that away.

In what way was that indicated? Like I said, my interpretation was that he was moved by pity to sacrificing his heartfelt ambitions. You felt sorry for the guy, and appreciative.

You see it clearly in his body language when he decides to spare him. He is quite visibly pleased with himself. He never felt any actual sorrow for Spartacus beyond what would motivate him to fight harder.

Spartacus was very expensive

And words fall from mouth like shit from ass

Batiatus was such a good character, hnnng.

Batiatus paid a lot for Spartacus and saw some potential in him. Remember, he was having money problems so tossing away an expensive slave like that without any use would be troubling. So he spared him to make further use of him, hoping he would prove a worthy investment, if not he'd at least send him to the mines.

>He is quite visibly pleased with himself.

He looked upset and concerned. Then he struggled to keep up appearances, and then looked devastated and distraught. As the consequences of his decision to spare Spartacus came to fruit.

Pic related is his expression in his reaction shot after Spartacus pleas for his life.

Yes. John Hannah did a fantastic job, I think.

>He looked upset and concerned.

No he didn't you idiot. The frame you posted was him being surprised and confused when Sparty first raised his fingers. Afterwards he is quite obviously pleased with the situation despite the crowd's reaction.

Andy is so hot..

Also Andy or Liam?

Andy worked better as the wild dog, but Liam grew on me as he became the more composed leader. But Andy was still overall better.

Holy shit.

He smiles, but it's clear that he's putting on a show, and he struggles to hold the expression.

COCK IN ASS

both were good desu

He only "struggles" to hold the expression after the magistrate leaves in a huff.

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggggg