What is it about the West Coast that makes it a haven for ultra-liberals?

What is it about the West Coast that makes it a haven for ultra-liberals?

Look at the tech and video game industries. They're infested with them and seems to be getting worse.

Other urls found in this thread:

wallethub.com/edu/states-with-the-best-schools/5335/
youtu.be/crpUHa9_pJ0
usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/rankings
webometrics.info/en/world
telegraph.co.uk/education/universityeducation/11896268/Top-100-world-universities-201516-THE-rankings.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The west coast is laid back
t. West coaster

One thing I noticed is all the movies used to film around new york. Liberal capital of the world. Lately they've all been focused on San Francisco and LA. And now thats liberal out the ass. I wonder what city/area is next.

>alaska
>hawaii
>nevada
>arizona
but that's not even geographically accurate

Oddly enough, a shit load of films are shot in North Carolina, for whatever reason.

Excellent education. Same for the east coast.

The most poorly educated states in the union vote red.

its the concept of consolidation of power. In the early 60s and through the 70s there was a call that rang out from california to hippies all across this land. Those hippies raised children and then entered politics. Those children grew up and are now have children of their own and they too are now interested in being political.

Conservatives are generally more spread out and in microcosms. I thought I had the image saved but the voting demographics show what Im talking about. Also, as an aside, the consolidation of benefits recipients (typically democrats) in urban areas is visible on the same map

Self Selection bias. People congregate to areas like themselves. In this case, the West Coast attracts a certain kind of people.

>1
>number of posts by this ID

The West Coast is further away from Africa, and we all know how liberals like to live sheltered lives away from minorities.

I don't think Arizona and Nevada qualify as "West Coast"

Yeah nah, faggot
wallethub.com/edu/states-with-the-best-schools/5335/

No. It's just the West.

Are you retarded? Arizona and Nevada are full of friendly white red-pilled families

I kinda wish that would rub off on the Midwest. It's like we're hardwired to be busybodies because winter is right around the corner and we better chop some firewood. I wore shorts to work when it was 95 fucking degrees out and you would have thought I took a dump in the coffee maker the way people were acting.

Alaska is Def not liberal

So are Washington and Oregon if you forget Seattle and Portland.

West Coast is nothing but neets living off silver mine bucks and copyright infringement since the 1900s.

Once Washington D.C. finally reached the West Coast they used their illicit money to fund tech industries powered by illegal labor farms.

The real question is, why does the west coast while being the most liberal have the highest rates of homelessness and wage disparity.

Eh the whole Puget sound is pretty liberal. Eastern Washington is fairly conservative but that's also only a little bit of the population.

Get a life

Because it has really fucking high expenses of living

Tech companies. The people that work at them drove the price of housing up so the everyday person can't afford to live there.

Some places won't even rent to you if you make under 6 figures.

>Arizona
>Liberals.

Tuscon doesn't count.

beautiful coastlines and a prosperous economy as well as copious amounts of minorities. you have a white elite class that lives in sheltered enclaves who are for the most part unaffected by the liberal legislators they elect and hordes of mexican in the south and chinks up north

The urban and suburban parts if the west coast are essentially paradise. Good weather, isolated from other population centers, no conflict where white people live, tons of money. This means that hippie dippy kumbaya shit isn't an immediate threat to safety or prosperity and can be tolerated.

Sisko says it best. Remember that Starfleet Command and Federation HQ are in San Francisco.
youtu.be/crpUHa9_pJ0

>all the best schools are in blue states

How is this proof of "nah"? Or did you even bother to read it?

that list doesn't smell right... the UC system has some of the best research schools in the country and has very affordable tuition. the CSU system alone shits on probably most of the states on that list. CA has 20 great state schools that are probably better or on par with most normal states flagship schools

t. calicuck

i don't think your faggy cyclist spandex count as shorts

Technology and faggotry are linked

it's occult. It's about witchcraft

>tfw moving to Seattle next year

Comfy place that it is

You must live in the upper Midwest.

Lower Midwest is laid back as fuck.

All of them were free states

>hurr durr just because a state is blue it means the entire state is blue
take a look at the voting districts then look for the education data in those districts to get a better picture of the reality

Them being sequestered away from minorities is why why they stick up for them.

It's why the South is seemingly so racist... because they have to live with niggers and spics and they how they really are.

I would love to send all the BLM supporting liberals to Alabama or Mississippi to live for a month and see how their tune changes.

neither does Tucson

We used to give huge tax benefits

We stopped that though, so they all closed up and moved to Georgia

I don't really care, to tell the truth

California has offers some of the best higher education in the world

usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/rankings
webometrics.info/en/world

telegraph.co.uk/education/universityeducation/11896268/Top-100-world-universities-201516-THE-rankings.html

There's a lot of occult trappings in the tech field because the total complexity you have to deal with is too much for a human brain to handle, so it gets abstracted away and the peons learn largely by rote. Jokes about machine spirits, healing touches, and blood sacrifice run rampant in IT. Programmers have considered themselves wizards since a pioneer in the field made the analogy in Sup Forums's favorite purple book.

There's the old joke about God pressing his finger on California and everything that was loose in the country rolled down to that end.

>California
>Liberals
Any city over 100k doesn't count

> ultra liberals

We love thick heavy beer. Guns are plentiful and conceal carries are easy to get with the exception of California which is too populated to deal with the plentiful guns. We grow mad weed and we told the fucking nancies trying running the drug war to eat a dick. We eat hella meat. We drop the fiercest hip hop rhymes and most rugged punk on the planet. Fuck you, New York, I'll battle anyone on a mic and kick your ass in a mosh pit. NYC is full of fuckin fags these days anyway.

The west coast is left leaning. Leaning. Not liberal. Don't confuse us with fuckin Connecticut or some shit. We're just strong enough to beat up Texas if they try and sweat us.

We're not liberal. We're independents who register democrat.

Get it right OP. You faggot.

TFW you live on the west coast.

Nice weather makes people weak.

Hey man I'm a Commiefornian, but cut me some slack I'm trying to redpill as many people as I fuckin can but it's a lot of goddamned work.

b-but Chicago has t-the best schools! It s-surely can't be the only b-blue county!!

Wearing flannel and having a hipster beard doesn't make you tough

I'll be so happy when a huge earthquake causes San Francisco to snap off and fall into the ocean

Generous donations keep many on that list

>It's a Sup Forums thinks the entire state of california is the Silicon valley/bay area episode

No, but hiking around the mountains with a heavy pack and a gun will. There are a TON of /k/ommandos out west.

>Alaska
>liberal
my sides

You sound like a huge faggot dude. You're probably from the quack state

Same as the Midwest, Rockies, and southeast

No hate to rural Oregon and Washington but you aren't really a special snowflake in this regard, just not dogshit like Cali or the east coast

It's a nice place so we tend to overreact a bit when people think all of Washington is King County.

My bet is you have never lived anywhere else and you wouldn't know any better.

He's right. There's a large difference in culture between Puritan and Germanic northeastern states (stretching west to Illinois) and the west coast. When your environment isn't actively trying to kill you every winter, society loosens up. That's why northern Europe, Asia, and America are developed and uptight, and Africa is niggers eating dead bats they find in the jungle. The redeeming factor of the west coast is that people put that extra time and energy into other things instead of just nothing. Look at how many people climb mountains for fun, or do something hard and time consuming just because they can (hipsters, farmers, microbreweries, makers, etc.). That and distance from the east coast gave us Hollywood, Silicon Valley, and Seattle.

Liberals are poor. Progressive companies can buy whatever they want in those cities.

I put on a jacket about 4 times last winter, which goes from Late December - Late March. In exchange for winter, there are 3 more seasons to enjoy and it seldom gets hotter than 80 degrees. The cost of living is significantly less and I make exactly the same amount of money here for less taxes.

I guess it's just not laid back enough, with zero traffic.

Rich people flock to the wealthy districts on the coasts, spread their cancer through their networks of influence

more pics of gun pls

This

I enjoy mountain biking and getting pussy.

253 represent

Inland empire
Hardly any liberals except for th younguns
Feels good man
I'll be back in this thread when I finish my bakers

At the cost of sounding pretentious, the west coast likes to pretend were different from our eastern countrymen. Plus we're also appeared by a huge fucking mountain range, so there's that

Thanks. That's a sexy heatshield

Lakewood??

It's more like the rest of the country hates on California and Californians, but it doesn't bother us, because we really don't care, because they live in shitty states.

Just mentioning California triggers Sup Forums so much

because they value the american dream, to attain that dream you need to be optimistic

norcal polack here

the central valley and northern CA aren't SF and LA. i'd go as far as saying the central valley is moderately conservative. NOBODY likes southern california. not even other californians. socal faggots are the stereotype surfer bruhs that are pretentious and obnoxious. they're exactly what everyone in this thread thinks of californians. just a little heads up,

Dear commifornia,

FUCK OFF WE'RE FULL

t. Oregonian

>high levels of education
>high levels of wealth
That's why.

The North East is much more liberal than the West Coast, statistically speaking.

Central Valley here, majority of whites here are conservative. Mexicans really turn it blue though. Schools are filled with liberals too. Though it wasn't always like this, when I went to school it was small time farming town, now it's a family town for all the bay area families.

SoCal and NYC are what happen when a city/region grows so prosperous it not only forsakes the interests of its surrounding territory, but starts importing profit hungry people with no loyalty or affinity for the land.