“The thing is, my focus isn’t on Avatar 2. My focus is on Avatar 2, 3, 4, and 5 equally...

>“The thing is, my focus isn’t on Avatar 2. My focus is on Avatar 2, 3, 4, and 5 equally. That’s exactly how I’m approaching it. They’ve all been developed equally. I’ve just finished the script to Avatar 5. I’m now starting the process of active prep. I’ll be working with the actors in the capture volume in August, so I’m booked in production every day between now and then."

>"Our volume is up and running, and everything is designed, and so we’re going full-guns right now. I feel like I’ve been let out of jail, because I’ve been in the writing cave for the last two years. I’m actually enjoying life. I don’t enjoy writing. I wouldn’t wish writing on a dog.”

Can't wait for Star Wars to crumble into dust. Cameron will deliver like a fucking hurricane and show the world what grand scale sci-fi really looks like.

Are you ready? Are you hype?

Y'know what i'm hype for? More Neytiri toys, they made a Hot Toys of that faggot jake but not her? fucking retarded

grand scale? wasnt it about a squabble between a mining outpost and a primitive tribe.

Grow up.

just give us more Neytiri already

>Are you hype?
TORUK MAKTO

What if Avatar 2 flopped? There goes money drain for 3, 4, and 5.

Will Cameron be able to drum up any hype for these sequels?

He was able to get asses in the seats because he promised 3D, which no one cares about anymore, groundbreaking CGI, which no one cares about anymore, and possibly a good story, which everyone now knows wasn't delivered.

Has that actor even done anything since Terminator Salvation or Clash of the Titans?

It's Cameron. And dads and moms love Avatar. They will drag their kids.
Then there are people who love good movies and worldbuilding. They will see Avatar 2 or 3 times.

If the Transformers movies manage to generate hype after so many shitty sequels and a shitty director at the helm then Avatar will do it no problem.

>And dads and moms love Avatar.

LOL

they're filming the movies directly after one another so they'll all get made even if 2 flops (which I won't)

did nobody tweeted him that Avatar was shit and nobody cares about another endless franchise?

They're filming them all in a row, immediately reusing assets greatly reduces production cost.

But it's an interesting idea - everyone has seen Avatar but I've never met anyone who like, lives for it. I think the time for making it into a franchise has passed. The iron isn't hot anymore

Cameron isn't just the guy who hammers hot iron or who makes the iron hot, he's the guy who makes the iron from the ore he created.

>I’m now starting the process of active prep
I bet he's real good at prepping

God that ship looks like shit.

Dam you physics.

It's beautiful you fucking pleb.

>unobtainium

Fuck no
This is way too late and it was already shit in the first place
I hope it bombs and he loses millions

How many movies before the novelty of the setting wanes and the studio can no longer justify spending have a billion dollars on new ones?

>he loses millions

lol do you think he financed it himself? To you even know how the movie business works?

Sure he didn't front all the money, but when the Jews come collecting he'll lose everything.

>the only people excited for this are the contrarian shit posters on Sup Forums.

People forgot Avatar even existed by 2010.

That's because it was entirely forgettable.
Doesn't change the fact that people will see another one just for the visuals. If it actually has some good writing, easy money.

This. Avatar isnt worth doing 5 movies wtf?

I really hope it bombs. This all seems retarded

Star wars and capeshit are finished
Based Jim

Avatar 3 : Avatar vs Alien vs Predator
Avatar 4 : Avatar vs Terminator vs Darth Vader vs Back yo the Future : Mission Impossible
Avatar 5 : Avatar vs Lego Mickey Mouse : The Last Crusade

Screencap this.

Praise Cameron

My great uncle and aunt who's were 60 at the time took my sisters and loved it. Parents and such love this shit

cool story, bro.

we went to Wendy's after that, and I met Chuck Norris on the parking lot, but he was in a hurry because he needed a new alternator for his pick up truck.
that was a nice afternoon.

>I wouldn’t wish writing on a dog.

Yeah, our culture is certainly in safe hands user

will Abatap come back? that's all i care about t b h

The Venture Star is the best spaceship in science fiction.

>I really hope it bombs
Why though?

r e d d i t

9 g a g

Doesnt matter as long as two is based and guess what? No other director in the last 50 years can top camerons abilities to deliver sequels

No I'm not hyped. I don't see Avatar being cool or successful. It's not even a story that I want more of. It was okay as a standalone film, nothing more. Not a franchise.

I thought that these sequels were a dead horse. Never going to happen. So I'm surprised that all of these are still really planned on being made.

What is Cameron's end game here? Is he going to shoot all the principle photography in one year and then pump them out every couple years? Why are they working on so many at once?

The plan is to release one every year.

I dunno what to say. This is the end of Cameron's relevancy basically. Avatar was a tech demo. It was impressive CGI, combined with the return of stereoscopy, with a basic space marine plot to hold it together. James Horner's music helped. It was fun to watch, I guess. It's not something I ever plan to watch again. It's certainly not something I want four more movies of. Is the market really there?

seconded

What was Cameron's worst film?

It's really neat how hard sci-fi it is, but it looks like garbage, garbage stuck on an antenna to be precise

director wise? Piranaha 2

Some one PLEASE explain to me. How did this man make Terminator 1/2 and Aliens, and then proceed to make Avatar?

> i don't enjoy writing.

it shows.

He's just great like that

Source on this?

Avatar isn't Star Trek which can be a combination of Sci-fi and Fantasy and go anywhere. It's a movie about evil humans fighting blue cat people for resources. I don't see why this needs to be five fucking movies. If he wanted to round it out as a trilogy, fine, but not FIVE FUCKING MOVIES!!!

There goes my $150

>If he wanted to round it out as a trilogy, fine, but not FIVE FUCKING MOVIES!!!

Why is 3 okay but 5 is bad? If he can deliver compelling content in the form of story or characters or world building and its entertaining and well done, why not make as many movies as he wants to?

For the Emprah

Thank you based Cameron. Avatar was so fucking beautiful. Give me more.

>tfw you will never be Toruk Makto

feels bad man

Because stories traditionally have a BEGINNING/MIDDLE/END which reflects a three act structure.

Maybe if he had to write for 3 movies it wouldn't take 9 years to get started on filming the movies.

Maybe he could have worked on another original project instead of backing himself into a corner with this derivative garbage that's only held up by the tech involved.

I hope he fucking dies before the 3rd movie is made, the stupid codger.

>What if Avatar 2 flopped

What makes you think all the movies are about a single arc and not different stories told in the same universe?

FUCK YOU!

THAT'S WHAT BUTTHURT HATERS ACTUALLY BELIEVE

YOU'RE JUST BUTTHURT

0/10 CRY MORE

>2009 was 18 years ago
I m-m-miss Abatap

Dude, wait... just imagine NeyNey sexbot. DUDE

>avatar?
>more like nevertar

Avatar VR experience, Neytiri's Earth Lessons confirmed

if abatap ever comes back I'll kill him

Let me make this perfectly clear.
The people who hate avatar are: A subset of the lowest form of life ,the dross ,the flotsam of humanity.They're nothing but a bunch of mouth-breathing video game playing,brain-dead couch-pilots and game-control-mashers who understand nothing outside the shallow world of Halo and Minecraft .
These small minded bigots think the hours they waste slaved to a console or computer screen obliges the world to reflect their sad empty experience in every art form they see. So when they see a film that does not reflect the purile often pre-adolescent reality(of which the haters are so familiar) in the video games the Avatar haters use to distract themselves from their abundantly empty lives they cannot help but feel invalidated,frustrated,dissociated,enraged,and so they take it out on what they think is the cause of those uncomfortable feelings of insecurity,the film,while the true cause remains in themselves.
Since the Avatar haters refuse to confront themselves, they have no other recourse but to blame the world, the film,avatar,those they refer to as "primitive people," left-wingers,Hollywood,immigrants,black people,everyone,and will rationalize it,jumping through mental hoops all to keep from confronting the demons inside them.
This is the Avatar hater.Often this group,will include the likes of pro-nazi racists whose mode of thinking and world view are very similar to the avatar haters' outlook on life.
The Avatar hater is not all that different from a common criminal. To him it's perfectly fine for humanity to just destroy Earth and then move on to the next world.Just like a virus,like Agent Smith said to Morpheus in the film The Matrix ,killing everything and anyone that gets in the way. These psychotic,useful idiots don't know right from wrong and are always the best tool for the plunderer who counts on these loathesome enablers(the Avatar haters) to further the cause of EMPIRE .
And that is a cursory glance at the average Avatar hater.

Didn't love Avitar.

But that Venture star gave me a woody

Cameron has been a jealous boi of George Lucas all his career and wants nothing more than to eclipse his idol.

Good luck doing that with blue cat people and plants.

Did someone mention me? I was hoping you could provide me with some fresh dank memes. Baneposting is getting old and i need something new to get more karma.

Avatar is one of his weaker films but it is still undeniably good and I trust Based Jim to give us a sequel when he is responsible for two of the greatest sequels in cinema: T2 and Aliens

I still wouldn't call it bad due to sheer technical scale, but it's a 6/10 film.

>Can't wait for Star Wars to crumble into dust. Cameron will deliver like a fucking hurricane and show the world what grand scale sci-fi really looks like.
Star Wars would still be a cultural icon even if only episode 4 ever came out. Nobody remembers shit about the first Avatar movie

>Halo's world building
>shallow

Compared to James Cameron's Pocahontas in Space: Blue Cat Edition, the Halo series is LotR in terms of lore and world building.

>ITT: cucks shitting on Cameron and Avatar

That's what happens when you've been molested as a child.

To all the doubters and haters:

What should Cameron do with the sequels so you would consider them good?

Die.

>you can't do anything with a original hard sci-fi meets high fantasy setting

nothing unexpected from the MCU loving 12 year olds here, but come on

>inb4 "b-but t-the p-plot is u-unoriginal"
story/plot =/= setting and worldbuilding

Uh I'm at a loss because you can't really take it anywhere.
There's no clear sequel here.

Let him do what he wants- the Water episode sounds good.

I would love Avitar without the "Dances with wolves" type run off and join the natives plot.

Also, just that modern mining and drilling tech could easily let the humans mine the stuff without the native issues...

Based

This honestly.

Avatar isn't bad but because Cameron BY HIS OWN ADMISSIONS hates writing, he wrote to create a vehicle to move the visuals (which are unarguably incredible), rather than caring enough to create compelling characters or an original story.

I'll be honest, I can't wait for the Avatar movies but not because I'm so invested in the characters or the world or the plot, but because the director who I deem to be the best action director of all time will deliver more grand scale action scenes and battles with awesome gunships and alien monsters. Michael Bay and his shitty Transformers movies look like some cheap pupper theater compared to the final battle in Avatar. Cameron does action like nobody else and I can't wait to see what he'll do. The action in the new Star Wars and Star Trek and Transformers movie just doesn't hold up. It feels empty and diluted with those shitty puns and quips in the middle. Cameron doesn't do that. He just punches perfectly executed and orchestrated action into your face.

I like the movie Avatar but they pretty much wrapped up everything at the end of the film.

If the sequels that Cameron wanted to make or sit in the same universe that would be fine by me I think a pretty cool would actually be more interesting, but notice all the same characters are coming back and it's a true sequel, that means that everything is going to be forest and retarded and a lot of people who are dead are going to magically come back to life. The new Avatars may look visually stunning but they will be so dumb I don't know if I'll be able to stand it. How could you possibly write that well? When nobody can truly die how can you ever become invested in the characters or care about anything that happens to them?

> he prefers artistic or aerodynamic ships to those designed strictly by physics in a harder sci-fi universe

Fuck off pleb

Sup Forums is going to hate me for this, but even though film is a visual medium I believe a filmmaker should be a writer and storyteller first and foremost. Come at me.

I hope he's fleshed-out (pun not intended) the biosphere of Pandora.
All the weird creatures, plants, and insects made the movie for me.

seems likely he'd try to switch up the ecosystems

after all the series is significantly "harder" than something like star trek/wars so Pandora can be reasonably expected to have variety similar to earth

Thanks for providing Chuck's last name, it eased my comprehension of your post. But I don't Wendy.

>Y'know what i'm hype for? More Neytiri toys, they made a Hot Toys of that faggot jake but not her?

They made more expensive scale figures of her. Pic related is 32" tall.

almonds: activated

>I don’t enjoy writing. I wouldn’t wish writing on a dog.

Oh it shows Cameron, it shows.

The eyes are fucked up, otherwise it would have been obligatory buying

pretty bad image. I just love how Neytiri reacts in this scene when Jake says the other omaticaya women are all good looking skilled hard working women.
but he still wants Neytiri of course

They'll be dead by time Avatar 2 is out

This is the most autistic thing I've seen

Who cares about stupid alien Smurfs?