Why did they arrive?

Hi,
I'm from IMDB and since its gowing down and I have been visiting their boards for the last 6 years I'll need to find my new "home" :)

A user there said he visits this place and that it's great! I thought I should just jump in and start a discussion on Arrival because that board is full of stupid trolls. No wonder its going to shit haha :)

Haven't checked the other topics but will do soon enough! In the mean time...

What did u think of Arrival? I thought it was amazing and definitely got a 9/10 from me! But I didn't really understand the purpose of their visit to Earth. What was the point?

Anyway, its kinda strange you don't have to login? But I'll manage! This is a bit new to me :)

Other urls found in this thread:

Sup
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>wathcing arrival
>the boys are back in town starts playing

FANTASTIC MOVIE BRAVO NOLAN

earth got BLACKED

Blacked?

Kys yourself

What the heck! I checked some threads and am a bit confused...you don't like SNL?

I literally cannot stop sucking dick

I did not say that! How is he using my username!

Please help! Have I been hacked????

rip in peace abbott

Low quality bait, you have to be more subtle to actually trigger someone.

Better luck next time.

Good evening to you sir
*tips hat and bows*
As per this boards rules and policies you must assign yourself a name and trip code before posting.

It will be your new identity among the boards and it will make it easier for us to keep you in check should our opinion of what you like change.

If you have any questions feel free to ask?

Bonjour!

Hi Anonymous?

How do I obtain this code? Its kind of complicated huh :) I just don't understand how this site works. If I get this code will I be able to see other names? All I see is anonymous? Is this like a hidden name for users without code? If so, why?

There is a Folder called System32 on your C drive. Delete it and replace it with a txt file with the code of your choice.

She was so shitty in Arrival. This bitch literally plays the same character, gerself in everything. Cannot act. Jlaw 2.0.

Good thing she looks like a freak on screen and is done.

Are you joking? Why do I need to code on my computer? This site should have an easier way of loging in!!

Are you joking? Why do I need to code on my computer? This site should have an easier way of loging in!!

this is a retarded pasta

This site is clearly broken! I just posted something and it did a copy! This is amateur and I'm begginig to lose my nerves!

People we DIDNT EVEN TALK ABOUT THE MOVIE YET!

Read this you fucking idiot

Sup Forums.org/faq

They came here because they'll need our help on a intergalactic warfare in 3 thousand years or something like that. Teaching their language to us humans would be somehow usefull for us and for them when the time is come.

>But I didn't really understand the purpose of their visit to Earth. What was the point?

One of the heptopods, or whatever they were named, specifically says that in three thousand years they'll need their help. Their language is to make the human race advanced enough, eventually, to provide that help to them.

>But I didn't really understand the purpose of their visit to Earth. What was the point?

You are seeing it from the wrong point of view, and the ending clarifies this. This is not about aliens visiting earth, of what is possibly the most transcendental moment in humankind. Not at all.
This is how that experience impacted the life of a woman, and how helped recover from the death of her daughter and she got a husband.
Is all there in the end.

oh god op triggered me 8/10

What a fucking shitpost. Try harder next time faggot

Yes it was the Russians

Arrival is part of a recent series of movies I'd describe as Dunning-Kruger Sci-Fi. Along with Interstellar and to a somewhat lesser extent The Martian, they perfectly play to the crowd that fancies themselves as (and, to be fair, may truly be) smarter than average audiences but are not as smart as genuinely "smart people." They are movies designed to make the audience feel smart by introducing complicated and heady concepts, and then holding the viewer's hand the entire way through until there is next to nothing to be left up to interpretation.

If you didn't already know the twist in Arrival by the time she was in the milky section of the ship with the aliens AT LEAST, you perfectly fit the audience I am talking about.

There is no reward for being smart while viewing these movies because everything is eventually spelled out in big fridge magnet letters. Any clever idea is made so transparent that even the most simple in the audience will get it. It also removes any reward for rewatching or trying to figure out what you just saw.

Granted, there is a difference between Arrival and Interstellar. I think where Interstellar was pretending to have a brain it actually didn't have, Arrival has a brain that it is refusing to let the audience use.

Completely disappointing movie.

Also
>so that just happened

Your Dunning-Kruger Sci-Fi theory is spot on imo, its just what these movies are. I can tell you right now the target audience isn't smarter than average, they're just into science and technology which many people isn't so maybe they think they're smarted because of that. Or maybe they compare themselves to the bottom of the barrel and think they're "smart" based on that, which many pretentious retards do.

It's not even about spelling things out, they flat out refuse to bring up actually complex stuff, for obvious reasons. Sometimes it gets too dumb but I guess they need to make it easy to understand since the whole point is to enjoy the movie, and thats ok with me. I don't think they specifically wanted to make the audience feel smart.

Also
>Arrival has a brain that it is refusing to let the audience use
what did he mean by this?

nice meme

>replying to pasta

stop being meme'd

shit