Would have been so much more interesting if the problem turned out to be deliberate and the company was running a...

Would have been so much more interesting if the problem turned out to be deliberate and the company was running a vault-tech inspired social and psychological experiment

Other urls found in this thread:

dailywire.com/news/11816/passengers-review-film-critics-are-lying-you-john-nolte
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It would have been much more interesting if they had to fight a fucking alien.

it would have been much more interesting if he didnt like her after he woke her up

Pratt should have impregnated her while she was frozen then woke her up when she was almost due

they chose the easy ending which revealed it as a nothing but a big budget rom com

how it should have ended:
>pratt dies
>she spends a year mourning
>boom epiphany
>learns how lonely he must have felt and why he woke her up
>forgiveness
>can finally move on
>puts herself back to sleep in the autodoc
>lives life on homestead 2
>final scene is narration by her as an old lady saying something about no regrets

was thinking the exact same thing...I was hoping for these two scenarios but I never got them

1. they opened the door for something pretty sinister with having pratt kinda be the antihero for the first half of the film. Wouldve been nice to have him go full villain instead we got the disney redemption ark

2. Like you said, wouldve made sense for the ship failure to be intentional. I would say there shouldnt have even been a crew or a third actor (outside of the funny robot bartender) Just these two opposed characters trying to come to grips with saving the ship. Maybe they find out the ship is a scam deal and the ships only have enough power to go out to a distance then just fall apart.

That's were I thought it shouldve gone

Also, Lawrence Fishbourne is the most incompetent, self serving asshole of a chief I've ever seen...just wake up some more crew members and get that fucking ship fixed you dunce!!!

It would have been more interesting if I hadn't watched it at all and forced sharp objects into my peehole for two hours instead

You just described Titanic.

needed more horror and aliens

Bravo, Cameron.

Passengers 2 can involve mercenaries.

I was surprised they didn't go with having a bunch of their kids and grandkids running about the ship at the end when rest of crew awoke. Was she infertile?

bit unrealistic that the ship was expected to fly for 120 years with no flight crew. shouldn't there have been robots to fix any and all problems that could occur?

also if it was real, the ship would be navigated by generations of peasants while the rich people slept

would have been a nice spiritual sequel to titantic

The way the scene played out with the bartender telling her the truth seemed to imply some kind of conspiracy, like the company wanted her to find out the truth to play into the experiment, but nope..nothing that interesting!

that's exactly what it should have been

see (also me)

pure poetry

they clearly wanted it to be rom com, not a action/horror

the worst part about the ending is there is no resolution in regards to the semi rape implication . just because he almost died doesn't change that

The robot did that just because she said "there are no secrets between us" so.it cancelled the command he gave to keep it secret.

>evil corporation does something evil even though it makes no sense

Fuck off, that shit is way too overused

the idea was that the ships programming was capable of flying and auto repairing itself. unfortunately sometimes things go wrong

Well yeah especially since on the poster it says
>There is a reason they woke up

When it was nothing but a flukey accident.

>semi rape implication

were we watching the same movie?

>tfw someone wakes you up
i knew that feel the most

>Pratt dies in space
>After a year or two she's standing in front of the pod of the hottest guy on the ship about to wake him up
>Camera fades to black
>DEATH METAL STARTS PLAYING AS CREDITS ROLL

It would have been so much more interesting without JewLaw

An experiment for what?!

>semi rape implication

Ok, let's say he doesn't wake her up. He either goes crazy or kills himself. Either way, he won't last until Gus wakes up or is of no use to him. Everyone dies. Rape literally saved her life.

He kidnapped her but he didnt rape her.

That's what he said

I guess they couldn't account for a small meteor ripping a hole and wrecking the reactor controls.

That was entirely what I was expecting after the trailers though.

Why wasn't this the ucking ending?

>Can't wait to see which hot chick they cast in Passengers 3(some).

>watched last night
>got it confused with 'arrival', so I thought this was up for best picture
>laughing at how bad it was the whole time
>couldn't believe it was up for best picture
>woke up and now I know, it isn't.

today is a better day

can someone just spoil me this movie? I don't want to watch it

Bloke wakes up and nobody else does. Can't go back to sleep.
Bloke pisses around for a year and gets lonely, so he wakes up the chick.
They piss around for a while. They have sex at one point.
She finds out he woke her up, and gets bitchy about it.
One of the crew members wakes up, opens the cockpit door and dies.
They find out why everything on the ship is going apeshit, it wasn't on purpose they just got pelted by asteroids so all the computers are fucked.
They fix the ship and he finds a way to put her back to sleep. End.

>They fix the ship and he finds a way to put her back to sleep. End.
she decides to don't go back in hibernation in the end

what a waste of time

I wasn't paying attention by that point. My mistake.

Who cares about this movie, no one will talk about it in a week tops

See

How does interstellar travel agency works? ship has like a few thousands of passengers, and a writer is a business class. do they really make profit from a few thousands?

I am assuming unlike aurora most of them is actually moving to new planet and she said agency takes 20% of the money they make on new planet. how does even this work, economy of different planets are comparable to each other?

also starlord can hack everything in ship but not a coffee machine?

>starring chris pratt and jennifer lawrence

the trailer was more tan enough, beyond me how someone would want to watch this. title might as well have been, "hello, reddit"

>ready to kill himself after a couple of months without human contact

is this really how normalfags are?

we'd all be the same m8
imagine a year with no chan

Why not just wake everyone up?

Basic story idea was ripped off a Phillip K Dick small story.

>Alone in space
>Surrounded by 5k people in pods
>Can wake up anyone
>Can wake up another engineer to help solve the problem
>Can wake up a computer scientist to hack the computer to gain access to crew quarters
>Wakes up a writer because muh loneliness

Also he was only alone for one fucking year with all the creature comforts one can ask for. Tom hanks was alone for like 5 years in the movie cast away. This movie was ass

So pandorum > passengers?

too sad

pandorum was ass

because that would kill everyone?

Of course

You forgot a few parts
>They plant trees everywhere transforming the ship into a fucking jungle
>They build a treehouse because autism
>Andy Garcia appears for 0.5 seconds

dailywire.com/news/11816/passengers-review-film-critics-are-lying-you-john-nolte

>dude he ruined by life but it's alright because he looks like Chris Pratt lmao

Imagine if Danny Devito was cast instead of Pratt.

What if it ended with Chris Pratt waking up in a lab, and the technicians explaining that he failed the final psychological test and thus isn't qualified to go on space trip. It'll turn out they do this to everyone (Simulate them waking up alone to see how they'd behave) and so he's left on earth or whatever.

She passes so she goes w/o him.

>I was trying to give you some space.
>Space is the LAST thing I need!

This would redeem the entire film.

>user wakes up
>spends 60 odd years staring at all the qts in their pods but is too scared to wake any up
>50 years later qts wake up with cum stalagmites all over their pods
>the end

Why should she wait a year before putting herself to sleep though?

That would make a far more interesting film

>Alone in space
>Wakes her up
>"Sorry, I'm a lesbian"

That would be much more entertaining

red dwarf > everything

>unzips dick
>"we'll see about that"

She shouldn't have forgiven him

but then you can't have your trite love story crap

>puts herself back to sleep in the autodoc

This was really dumb. Why would the have only one autodoc? All accidents only involve one person? And if these small unites are capable or putting someone back into cryo, why wouldn't they have any contingencies for some waking up early?

Couldn't they just share the pod?

Basically this.
What if there's a severe failure that requires the crew waking up to deal with it? Oh wait nothing can ever fail on this ship, except for when it does.

I believe the movie was saying they woke up for love.

>*recorde scratch*
>*freeze frame

I'm trying to watch this but jesus christ has her voice always been so gravelly?

Kino

>name 1 (One) good moment in this film other than the The Shining homage

shouldn't they at least make sure crew members woke up every month to check if everything was going alright with the trip or something?

Pretty cocksure for a 130 year old space travel.

Reminded me of the K.Dick story, where one of the pods malfunctions and he wakes up even though he can't get out of the pod they have another 7 years or something to arrive, and his only companion is the ship' AI.

Voice sexy as as fuck desu

She was hot in this movie

B-but the ship can't sink!

>Gorgeous white people
>Only 1 black guy and he dies first

but Sup Forums told me that hollywood and the Jews were trying to destroy the white race and perpetuate interracial relationships to brainwash the masses

>Spends 1 fucking year alone
>"WAAAA, i'm so depressed, i can't take this loneliness anymore, my god!!!"

I've been alone for 27 FUCKING YEARS YOU FUCKING PRICK, YOU HAVE NO IDEAD WHAT PAIN, LONELINESS FEELS LIKE, YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS DOES TO A PERSON, FUCK YOU

But user, you have us

Has there been a good release of this yet?
Can only find the hardcoded korean one

He didn't have the internet I don't think.

robo drinksman said he was struggling with the decision for months ....
>wakes up
>half asses getting into control room
>gets pissed
>creeps on pod-people till finds qt
>autism spooge, should i / shouldnt i

is this 'our' guy?

>tfw no gf is the same as absolutely zero human contact

Fuck off neckbeard.

so can the autodoc only be set once? why not alternate years so that you would only live 44 years so you could make it to the new planet at like your 60s

how they not fucking alive at the end either? its the future! they should be living well into their 120s!!

>Chris Pratt can't have anything but a protein block and coffee in the morning but he can eat at any fancy restaurant, engage in any high end activity like VR simulation, and has pretty much free reign of most parts of the ship
>Chris Pratt can't access the breakfast cafe for a latte but he can open fucking airlock doors like it's no big deal
>Lawrence Fishburne doesn't immediately wake up other crew members to fix the ship when he realizes that he is dying
>Lawrence Fishbone has authority to transform the robot doctor into a cryopod but never mentions it
>both characters open a door to a part of the ship that has a hole that leads directly to the void of fucking outer space but upon opening the door there is no explosive decompression
>Chris Pratt has a door he could use to jam open the exhaust door outside the ship but instead he stands there and lets the fire consume him
>Chris Pratt can survive nuclear radiation and heat from an atomic reactor in a space suit with no ill effects to his health

Did I miss anything?

hundreds of active clean up droids for a ship that should be empty for 119 years

Forgot:
>Aurora has literally no skills or abilities beyond being a writer but is selected to go to another planet for colonization even though the most that skill set could be used for was information distribution which could be done by pretty much anybody with a tablet and an internet connection
>Aurora's plan to write a book about going to colonization and returning requires her to be the only person in the history of colonization to have that idea, be able to return to Earth before someone else capitalized on the idea, and also for technology not to advance at all for faster space travel over the course of almost 300 years.
>Aurora abandons her life and family and friends to try this, despite all the massive possibilities for failure

well done

It would have been more interesting if there was no engine problem and Chris Pratt didn't wake up that roastie and it just focused on his comfy life with his robo-bartender bro.

>>both characters open a door to a part of the ship that has a hole that leads directly to the void of fucking outer space but upon opening the door there is no explosive decompression
Does explosive decompression have a particular meaning I'm not aware of? Because everything gets sucked out when they open that door.

yah but she had a massive inferiority complex.. i mean 'healthy respect' for her rich, well respected father.
So she chose to piss away his money on a round trip... i mean venture out into an unknown adventure totally by herself (and 5000 others that would do the real work)
thats the kind of panderin... i mean 'positive' go getter attitude females respond to nowadays

user is implying the hull should have ripped apart .. but its never said what the hull was made of.

the bigger question is when looking for "a big problem" on a spaceship, why not investigate sealed rooms IN YOUR FUCKING SPACE SUITS

Wait, how did something penetrate into that room and not also exit it?

This movie would have been more interesting if they eventually realized there was no crew to start with and they weren't going to another planet. The company couldn't actually figure out how to send ships to another planet so they just send them off into space to break down and die. They can use the whole 120yrs to get there thing to ensure that no one on early would ever follow up on whether or not their family members actually got to the new planet.

Would have been so much more interesting if there was a talking dog.

It would be better if they didn't actually like each other. Watching a relationship unfold that's based on loneliness and desperation due to the situation they're in would be a lot more interesting than a regular love story.

magic meteor, you see it stuck in the wall

buzzz: what is alien mine.

also a far better film

that seems like a retarded colossal waste of resources.

What does it matter if they make a profit?