youtube.com/watch?v=mEMYVFxvOKM
youtube.com/watch?v=GvwUip4d2no
youtube.com/watch?v=ppAeMWFCqC8
youtu.be/j4JOjcDFtBE
youtu.be/uytn3AXMAK8
youtu.be/YUKNvoAAa8s
youtu.be/Rbhq89xFmMc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They interrupted The Mummy movie to talk about 9/11 happening in America.

youtube.com/watch?v=zYWC0wgAsyU

This.
I was 8 at the time and I'm not an american, so I watched shit happen on the news and was like "whatever"

this
never forget

I remember I was 18 and in Boot Camp and all the DIs were talking about it and I was so fucking pissed that I'd missed it.

youtube.com/watch?v=2mgPnTUkJqA

Katrina, imma let you finish

Why are all american news reporters pricks? Literally they're all horrible people

They interrupted The Edge where I was. Right after the bear eats that guy too.

Couldn't watch my morning cartoons because of this shit and I was angry about it. Fucking Taliban man.

It was a school day though. My mom drove me to school and I remember seeing the first tower burning live on TV

2017 Superbowl halftime show Lady Gaga lighting herself on fire as a protest. Katy Perry walks out and sings "This girl is on Fire"

I WENT TO THE BATHROOM BECAUSE I DIDNT CARE FOR THE PERFORMERS!!!!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

In Germany we had like the last day of our big Summerbreak I think thats why I wasn't in school and at home.

>and was like "whatever"

Whoa. You're so unaffected. Do women just offer to blow you left and right?

FUCK OFF, TIME TRAVELLER SCUM. WHY CAN'T YOU "PEOPLE" GO BACK TO YOUR OWN TIME AND STOP STEALING OUR JOBS???

I remember this. Never laughed so hard, then I fapped to the second tower being destroyed

>be in school
>be sick that day
>in clinic when first tower hits
>dad comes and gets me
>sit in bed watching the tower and the next plane hit
>don't realize what's happening at the time and what it really means
>teachers think I must have had someone in the towers or something since I went home

shit was so crazy, looking back as a 12-13 year old and thinking about how I had no idea the consequences of what had happened

Thing is you aren't the center of the universe

It was a national holiday here (before 2001, I mean) so I was home when it happened
I remember hearing about it first on the radio, the guy in the middle of the show mentioning the news like "WTF!?" so I turn the TV on and there it was, and no one knew if it was an accident or what at the moment...
...and then the second plane hit
shit was cash

the you've witnessed part is unneeded

once had a full 300 post thread on this guy
youtube.com/watch?v=mEMYVFxvOKM

who still get chills just thinking about it? Not even american btw

holy shit... you sound tough af...

Reminder that this incident was the birth of YouTube.

This, I'm American but also realistic with my expectations of how other countries see me

edgy

I was a freshman in high school. We didn't even get to go home early, to show the terrorists "they didn't win"

>Some 'splainin' to do

Is this puppet head for real? You're on the fucking news, not auditioning for a sitcom.

youtube.com/watch?v=GvwUip4d2no

I remember getting of the bus and people were talking about a plane flying into a tower, I got home in time to witness the second plane fly into the south tower. Shit was pretty surreal

This
>be 8 or 9
>playing Crash Bandicoot 2 on PS1
>dad suddenly yells at me from downstairs
>tells me to come down quick
>points at screen
>my young mind can't even comprehend it
>just seems like a movie or something
>the very next day kids in my class were drawing 9/11 shit

lol so funny XD
youtube.com/watch?v=ppAeMWFCqC8

Lol. Who said I'm American? I just find it ridiculous that you're trying to beef up your 8 year old image.

This guys seems like he has some pretty severe anger issues.

>youtube.com/watch?v=2mgPnTUkJqA
I remember this, went clubbing after and me and my mates loved this. Classic shaun.

Underage b&

I was in elementary school. We had a cluster of rooms with a common area for the teachers and they all kind of got really quiet and were going back there a lot. Nobody told us anything and I remember coming home still having no idea what happened. My mom talked with me and asked me if I had any questions or needed her to explain anything.

Why are still brainwashed by the media to this day over the "wardrobe malfunction?" There was no fucking malfunction her nipple was covered up with a star shaped tassel. The only thing insane about it is you guys still buy into the narrative that it was crazy. I was sitting at a massive party when it happened and no one gave a fuck or said shit.

This Sam Hyde dude, I tell you, send him over to the U.K. and we'll get rid of him for you. One word...Pussy.

I was watching it with my father and we both did a bit of a double take "Did that actually happen?" and then immediately went back to going about our lives.

careful everybody, we got a tough guy here... this is one scary 12 yr old

In his defense I live on the opposite side of the country and a lot of people did laugh. Only one person professed to being worried at my school. The fapping thing is obviously bait.

> 9/11
> some teachers wouldn't want to put the tv on and instead wanted to teach lessons.
> students weren't having it, kids were visibly upset and angry
> everyone wanted to beat up the school hadji's even before we had confirmation.
> football practice cancelled.
>go home call brother who lived in DC to see any of the Pentagon
> DC was completely locked down.but he was fine.
> play some counter strike but nobody wanted to play Terrorist side.
> try and watch TV but the only thing that was on was 9/11
> had to settle for watching BattleBots on Comedy Central
> next day go to school like nothing happened.

>elementary school day
>go home
>expect Magic Schoolbus
>burning towers instead
>"Mom can we go to Toys'R'Us?"
>"No."

that day was rough

> play some counter strike but nobody wanted to play Terrorist side.

That never fucking happened unless you were playing with little kids who didn't know how to play. AK was OP at the time.

all the presidential debates trump was in

youtu.be/j4JOjcDFtBE

I was in first grade

They showed this in literally every classroom due to teachers in space

The silence of the teachers was palpable, even to me

Whole school went outside and said the pledge of allegiance lol

>[space]text

was so comfy watching this over breakfast and buchti that grandma made

those poor souls onboard man, holy fuck

I was watching the news during my lunch break and saw this live (only audio here, no vid): youtu.be/uytn3AXMAK8

It's like the Kim Kardashian's ass "breaking the internet" story. This is how publicity works now. Shills pretending to be independent commentators will rave about a non-story because they've been told to by their employers, who are connected with the subject of the "news story" in some way.

oh man i think i was on Sup Forums shitposting in the megathreads at the time, good memories

>be me
>move back to the states on september 9th 2001
All I could think of is how glad I was that I managed to get back in the country before this shit happened.

>Norton toolbar

OK gramps

>live in south dakota during 9/11
>they close down the mall as a potential terror attack
>everyone's face when

> had to settle for watching BattleBots on Comedy Central
>"settle" for watching BattleBots
you fag BattleBots was fucking great

Honestly I always figured it was intentional, but no one expected it to be a big deal, and then it was, and then the "malfunction" story was pushed.
I mean he grabbed a tear-away pad on her chest, and like you said, she had a pastie thing covering up her nipple. Either way, it helped push the cause of government censorship and people gobbled it up hook line and sinker.

Seen so much shit live, weirdly enough the most comfy and enjoyable was the Dorner finally being cornered.

I remember the crazy speculating when they made the media gtfo so they could burn him alive and the media helicopters were circling the smoke from a distance

i'm european and i saw this at home. dad was watching and i came in while the second plane hit, it was weird. next day in school we talked about it. certainly didn't think it was funny, but wasn't really sad either. just bizarre.

I will never forget that day. It was literally on every single cable channel and most basic channels. I missed Toonami because of this shit!

>brainwashed
>buy into the narrative
stop browsing Sup Forums.

it was a huge event in american television history that forever shaped how live television was handled.

>it was a huge event in american television history
Not really, the 24 hour news cycle was just desperate for something besides 9/11 to talk about, and blew it way the fuck out of proportion. Normal every day people weren't talking about it beyond "did you see janet jackson's titty?"
With things like the patriot act being steamrolled through, the discussion about government censorship of the media was a hotbed of contention.

The good old days of Sup Forums, when Sup Forums threads would be way more informed on the breaking news than the mainstream media. Best reporting, best memes, best bants.

I watched the Sydney hostage siege unfold with Sup Forums back in 2014 during Sup Forums Harbor. The shitposting hordes took a step back when they saw how Sup Forums, despite the carnage all over the board, was able to identify the terrorist (and his background), the hostages, the precise location, the police tactics, and provide multiple livestreams of the situation (one from 20 feet away), all in one copypasta. While the media was flailing around for any info, we watched police charge the building, amidst flashbangs and gunfire, and bodies being carried out to ambulances.

The Sup Forums Harbor raid ended almost immediately after. I like to think moot saw that Sup Forums is no joke and put an end to the madness.

I was supposed to go on a trip to Barcelona with my girlfriend, but in the end we decided to change plans and visit her friend in Rome instead. The Germanwings machine that crashed was supposed to be our floght back from Barcelona.

When I saw the news of the crash I nearly fainted. It felt like a near-death experience even though I simply watching the news. Just the thought that it would've been me in the wreckage made me shake.

>eurofag
>in 7th grade when this happened
>next day in school
>teacher wants us to hold a minute of silence
>turk right next to me starts chuckling silently
>try to hold back my laughter, but it's impossible
>burst out laughing
>teacher looks at me like i'm the biggest asshole in the world

in hindsight it was pretty fucking funny though lol.
fuck america.

tech school at Sheppard AFB
got to watch it all is a dorm full of young people pissing themselves

This

Bullshit it was at 8 in the morning

Watched the live coverage of the Boston bomber hiding in that boat

I was playing that ps1 DBZ where the characters were super small

>had to go to school with mudskins

That's the real humor.

Best part was starting at the beginning when they were so fucking sure that Clinton was going to win and then the realisation eventually dawned on them

saw it irl. school got evacuated and we didn't go back for a month and a half. shit was uncash.

I was 8 and woke up after the first tower was hit and my mum was freaking out and I saw he 2nd impact live and being a dumb kid who likes explosions I thought it was the coolest thing

Then I went to school and everyone was gushing over how cool it was so the principal had to come to our class and tell us "something really bad happened" and we didn't get it.

It's still the best place for breaking news

The Turkish coup on Sup Forums was was great, all the turks were able to get the information quicker. Watched Erdogan's plane circle around Turkey on a tracker, reuploaded webms of people getting shot from helicopters, that news station getting invaded and going dark but still recording, getting info that it was a false flag from the fact that his plane was intercepted but wasn't touched

Plus pic related which was kino

All the info was at least 45 minutes behind Sky News (News Corp.)

>in Germany
>afternoon cartoons replaced with looping news garbage about this, as if anyone gives a fuck
>the missed episodes don't air the next day, they're just skipped

FUCK MURRIKA AND FUCK TALIBAN

I was pissed I was missing DBZ just because America was too thick to think that giving CIA training and funding to a bunch of Muslim sandniggers was a bad idea.

It's a shame people had to die, it's an even bigger shame that over a decade later the world is more cucked than it was before.

well it's a bit weird to hold a minute of silence in a non-american school for such an occasion.

this shit was pretty crazy

i remember being in history class in elementary school when my teacher said they are gonna have this even in history books in the future

lol what a dumb bitch, kids today have no idea this ever happened/

Malice at the palace good one

I never understand why news tries to pretend like it should obey watershed or family viewing rules, it's fucking real life

>those faces
boy they never saw it coming

youtu.be/YUKNvoAAa8s

Ferguson riots were pure kino. Splitscreen of obama telling the nigs to calm down and shit being set on fire on the other half

and of course the zimmerman trial

I really thought this was a Monty Python sketch, I was laughing like a maniac I am. Heh, still laugh when I see the image.

For some reason I vividly remember the BBC announcing the Queen Mother's death, I remember that they cut away from The Wild Thornberry's, the TV went weird for like 10 seconds and I think they showed that creepy puppet test card for a second.

But I have no memory of 9/11 despite my mum insisting that I watched it live, despite the two events being only 6 months apart.

youtu.be/Rbhq89xFmMc