Worst Movie Posters/Cover Art

What were they thinking?

Other urls found in this thread:

ask.metafilter.com/133832/Why-was-the-spider-removed-from-the-Arachnophobia-movie-poster
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Hilarious
>The smash-hit comedy of the year!

This was the DVD release cover and is still one of the most baffling things I've ever seen.

I'll take "What is irony?" for $400, Alex.

>DVD release
>Still has a VHS in the background

I don't know, what is irony?

reminds me of this

I don't know why this one bothers me so much.

because it's like every other matt damon movie poster ever

Remember when this song was the big meme

What did they do to his neck?

I love how that hand at the bottom isn't even attached to anything.

God I remember playing the shit out of this album back in 2007

I'm not autistic but CAN THEY PUT THE FUCKING NAMES OVER THE RIGHT FUCKING ACTOR FFS

Not a fan of this one. I wish they would've used the original poster.

This pisses me off so goddamn much.

That isn't awful but it is exceptionally mediocre.

kek holy shit

or any other movie that has a cover like this that doesn't make sense.

Spock looks like he's going to go all Pon Farr on that punk rocker.

are you just looking for (you)s?

ask.metafilter.com/133832/Why-was-the-spider-removed-from-the-Arachnophobia-movie-poster

GIVE

HIM

BLINI

The Big Lebowski and Blues Brothers have nice versions of those

That's exactly the point. It makes no fucking sense to remove the spider from the poster of a movie about spiders.

They brought it back for the blu ray, probably Disney just being idiotic.

>our research indicates most people hate spiders, better take the spider off the cover

Also a shitty movie.

I would totally love this poster if the car wouldn't look so fake... and still... Its supposed to be dritfting.

It's a really good concept but yeah the execution leaves something to be desired.

>OVER 30 MILLION TRAILER VIEWS

jesus christ

It looks like they took stock images of all the actors, edited John Cryer to be shirtless and photoshop a blanket over them.

In fact i BELIEVE this os what they did

Fuck sake

Christ I never realized that all Matt Damon posters really are the same.

Meant to have (you)s in there

YOU

KNOW

HIS

NAME

But in case you forgot, we'll put it at the bottom for you.

>Every thread
>Firth's massively inflated hands

Alright Matt, give use your "500-yard-stare "

I want to say I remember reading somewhere that the names come in a certain order depending on the actor's popularity and how they're contracts are set up. Definitely agree with you though.

>entire film explores the relationship between NASA and 1970 America by showing a drama-hungry media only interested in the space program when lives are threatened and astronauts are in danger
>characters wonder why the astronauts aren't on TV, why NASA has no money, and why general enthusiasm for exploration circa 1950s and early 1960s American exceptionalism seems to have fallen by the wayside
>recontextualizing the Apollo 13 crew within the style of Pop Art - channeling Warhol and Lichtenstein - effectively highlights this relationship, suggesting that media worship of the age is associated with a shallowness that prioritizes 15 minutes of fame over actual scientific discovery and advancement

I'm sick of people saying this cover sucks. Do you even kino, you fucking pleb?

Wow I never knew Dan Aykroyd was in this movie

I hate how faces look close up when they are covered in make-up. It's like you can see every pore on their skin, people's faces don't really look that way.

>be Chinese director
>want to make a movie that appeals to Chinese people and American people
>"hey, I'll cast this big movie star from America!"
>film a movie about cultures coming together to fight a greater evil
>trailer comes out
>FUCKING WHITEWASHING TYPICAL HOLLYWOOD BULLSHIT FUCKING MATT DAMON FUCK THIS RACIST PIECE OF SHIT STEALING ROLES FROM CHINESE PEOPLE

Feel bad for the movie, desu

Everyone knows this.

The problem isn't that it uses pop art, the problem is that it uses SHIT pop art. And don't try and come up with some kind of crappy "it's retarded on purpose" argument, it looks like it was slapped together in 20 minutes by an intern speed-painting and then putting a photoshop filter over it.

You can have good ideas and still muck up the execution horrendously

holy fucking shit it just fades into nothing. How was that ok'd?

this is like some instagram slut "and here's a picture of the great wall, isn't it cool?"

>movie poster is a straight-on picture of a character with big text over the whole thing
Can this meme fucking die

Not that guy, but what's shit about it? A lot of pop art looks simplistic like that.

>what were they trying to keep out?
>Matt Damon

kek

It's "fuck's sake", you illiterate mongoloid. "Fuck sake" means fuck all.

>fuck we need a poster
>hey, coffee guy, can you use photoshop?
>................ yes

Looks like shit.
Its not like this thread is about bashing the reasons for an ugly cover, its just about ugly covers.
This is an ugly cover.
Had they hired someone who could do the style better it wouldnt have looked so dumb.

>just fuck my eye up f@m

Well I like it.

If that's the case, then design the poster based on billing.

everything about that is great though

>we REALLY want people to get a full view of amy adams' pointy weird nose

>neither man is going to catch her
>man on left is wearing a very ill-fitting suit
>huge fucking hands

This is just too strange. Why would a certain movie have multiple horrid posters?

There's literally a big space where Joe Pesci should be, why wouldn't they include him on the cover?

That's a great poster. i haven't seen the movie so idk if it fits the tone or whatever, but I love it on it's own.

Forgot picture

Especially considering that he got an Oscar for this performance.

Why would they replace one of the best posters of all time with this shit

What the shit is going on?

The poster is even still in the background, they just slapped him over it. What a cock up.

>The plot revolves around the titular Smiley killer, the subject of an Internet myth. Supposedly, if a person on a ChatRoulette-style website types the phrase "I did it for the lulz" three times, their chat partner will be murdered by a killer called Smiley, so named because he mutilated his own face by stitching his own eyes shut and carved his mouth into a smile, before they themselves are killed.
>"I did it for the lulz"

TOP WEW

>HE FROM THE DIRECTOR OF DISTRICT 9 CAN SAVE US ELYSIUM ALL
what did they mean by this?

I kinda love this

The bad guys in the movie are literally Sup Forums shitposters.

>look it up
>it's real
christ

I get what they are going for, but it looks like a joke.

My edit

Not one of the worst, but the lens flares look cheap.

wow that is one of the worst

This is especially sad considering how good the movie is.

Guess the genre of this movie based on the cover.

Obviously a romcom.

this one makes me so fucking mad. REEEEEE

fucking kek

I actually really this one

>Hey. Those Avengers and comic book movies are popular. Let's make people think this is from a comic book!

Clearly a heist movie, a sequel to Ocean's 11.

>advertising how many views your trailer got on the poster
Do they really think someone be more likely to watch a movie based on youtube views?

it's intentional

>[Sih-NECK-doh-kee]

Is this kino?