When CGI makes things worse

above
>Road Warrior
below
>Attack of the Clones

WHY????

Road Warrior made $23 million. Attack of the clones made $650 million.

Money talks and the movie industry listens.

anyone has practical effect version of merchant from TFA?

Lower is actually better here. It creates a hellish and blistering atmosphere, the world depicted in the pictures above looks much nicer

The crowd is imperfect but this is probably the first time I've actually seen colour grading used correctly to improve a shot's composition rather than limit it.

This

wannabe ciniphiles are programmed to hate CGI because they saw screencaps the worst possible examples on reddit. They fail to realize CGI works best when you don't realize it's there, and so assume it's always terrible because the only time they notice it, it is.

Eat a dick, the sand storm was fucking awesome.

Below looks like a fucking cartoon. Above looks so Australian I can taste the Vegemite (even though itvwas filmed in Africa)

Yeah, I saw that video too.
>CGI Sucks (Except It Doesn't)

Lower actually looks better, Op is a faggot.

attack of the clones is a better film than mad max 2?

hehe/

The only scene that doesn't look that great to me in Fury Road is the night scene.

The sand storm was retarded.

what video?

Save your "CGI is bad" meme for the movies where it actually looks bad.

The CGI touchups were definitely great additions, but I do think they went a bit overboard on the colouring and filters. The original trilogy never had any of that and still looked convincing, and more grounded too

do you have the night shot comparison? the unedited version was so much better

Nah, it was great.

The night shot is the worst. I understand wanting to see everything while filming, but does it have to be fucking blue as shit?

No, but it was more popular with plebs.

As an Aussie kid I could never get into Mad Max.
It just seemed like a bunch of idiots Cosplaying in our outback. I felt like the coppers would turn up at any moment tell them off for being dickheads or a random road-train would just start coming through the scene.

Lower is also happening during an infernal sandstorm.

how do you feel about the meme and chrome night version?

Looks atmospheric as fuck.

kino af

Is there a version of Furiosa Road that doesn't have that shitty orange filter?

>entire canyon is CGI

I fucking hated that. It was so obvious

You don't even know what you are saying.

Most of "CGI" in Fury Road is just composited real life footage into the frame, not actual 3D model renders.

All of the frames you posted look better in post than before, I don't even understand what you are arguing, the Attack of the Clones comparison makes no sense

>Be a big fan of horror films
>Absolutely hate it when scenes are too dark to actually tell what's going on
>Absolutely hate it when they try to 'fix' that by having brief flashes of light, from lightning or some shit
Every FUCKING movie. I just want to see what's going on, not a black/nearly-black screen. No, the blue filter doesn't make it any more visible to me - it's still impossible to tell what's going on in the scene.

Was I the only one that liked the blue filter its way better than just have everything super dark

Most anti-CGI people would point out that CGI often ages poorly.

thanks

so it's over-the-top color grading and not CGI that is the problem

the grading in Arrival was really bad too

I see it as the same sort of effect you get with overly produced music. There's only a certain amount of reality that can be touched up before the depth effect is lost and everything feels cookie-cutter or video game.

it's obviously the superior version of the film. only morons feel otherwise.

this is why the black and chrome edition exists

The sand storm looked so CGI and fake. I am amazed people thought this film was "practical" when it really wasn't

post screenshot of the sand storm from the black and chrome version. maybe it will look better

No matter, still see a big guy.

Of course it looked fake. It was so over the top and stylish that it was amazing.