Why is it so easy for British people to mimic American accents when it's so hard for Americans to accurately mimic...

Why is it so easy for British people to mimic American accents when it's so hard for Americans to accurately mimic British accents?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=81FGVh1dj0A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The British have a deeper theatrical history therefore better schooling when it comes to acting.

Brits are the genetic ancestors of Americans, Americans are the genetic descendants of Brits
It goes forwards, but not backwards
Pic related

Its like how you need a computer faster than a games console if you want to emulate that console
An American imitating a British accent is like a NES trying to emulate a modern i5

If that is even true it is because Americans don't have accents. Ours is default. Most brits sing in an "american accent" as well.

Bongs aren't retarded like Burgers.

You'd think it'd be easy for Americans, considering they're fake as hell.

I read in a well known reddit post that ancient british actually sounded more similar to american accent than modern day britshit accent

I hope you're not using Andrew Lincoln as an example of a good American accent. His accent's about as good as his gun handling.

Exposure. They watch more of our media than we do theirs.

>ancient british
This is why you don't get your facts from well known reddit posts

Accents are just extra bullshit. Americans dropped the extra bullshit and never learned it at childhood.

For a Euro or Aussie to sound American they just need to drop the extra bullshit. Americans need to try to mimic something they didn't learn from childhood

Maggie is terrible, though.

Australian is easy to mimic. Just shove in a bunch of superfluous diphthongs and make every sentence sound like a question.

Its because American English is a sclose to unaccented as you can get so you're basically just forcing the Brits to drop all of there retarded syllables. Its easier to make people speak the correct way than the wrong way.

Same reason it's easy for chimps to communicate with humans but we can't Mimic ape grunts as easily.
It's easy to mimic progression but difficult to regress back to something primitive and make it sound realistic.

Rick
Morgan
Maggie
Negan
Governor
Jesus

What other characters are British?

True. But Brits can't tell.

Is this supposed to be bait?

I have never heard an American pull off a convincing Australian accent.

Look, the 1700's was like, over 300 years ago...that's pretty fucking ancient

it's easier to go downhill

This. Americans speak in the most neutral accent. This just can't be refuted.

'No'

Then I assume you've never seen this before
youtube.com/watch?v=81FGVh1dj0A

Quality bait.

My cousin with cerebral palsy and downs syndrome did when he ate too big of a spoonful of peanut butter and tried to talk.

jim carey did it perfect in dumb and dumber. PUT AHNDAHA SHRIMP ON DA BARBIE

This is wrong though because the 'singing accent' is actually controlled by different brain functions to a 'speaking accent'

That's a great episode but it's a fucking terrible Aussie accent.

Well he is Canadian after all

Sure thing, Ahmed.

Prove me wrong
Protip: (You) can't

Just smoke some weed out of a garden hose and it's easy.

Do I look Swedish to you?

Then it is interesting that the singing accent sounds American.

Sven abdul ibn Muhammad al bin mustafa

It isn't by the very definition

No, of course not, because a neutral accent is inherently the one that is closest to your own while still being intelligible to others.

Not every definition, not by any means. It's quite common to draw the line between ancient and modern history at the French Revolution, which kicked off in 1789. That said, many historians who'd agree with that would also probably use the term "medieval history" for the 1066 - 1789 period just for clarity's sake.

>Dollarydoos

I always crack up at that.

what kind of retard moron idiot historian would fucking date the medieval period up until 1789?

It's more the fact that the development of Old High German into Old English, Middle English, Modern English etc. has been charted meticulously over several centuries now that makes 'ancient British' sound so retarded, 'ancient' in that context just feels semantically wrong

>ameripoors are so poorly educated they actually believe they don't have an accent, but everyone else does

Christ, no wonder you elected Trump. You're objectively the dumbest country on earth.

Because English is also American

Because they get hired for way less

That is the truth right there.

Middle ages goes up to the Renaissance, typically defined as the 16th century, from there it's sometimes called early modern or pre-modern up to around the end of the 18th century.

Exactly. I find some of the American regional accents so horrendous that it's actually off-putting.

That's because popular music is rooted in the blues, you idiot, it has nothing to do with the nature of the accent itself. If the blues had arisen in France, people would sing in French accents

Do they even phonetics? They must realise that the way they pronounce "O" sounds is not how an O is pronounced.

>good jaaab

Hell, really upper class well-spoken Americans almost sound British sometimes