Will it be good?

Will it be good?

It seems like they are going for action over story line.
I hope they make the technology believable.

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/2017/01/09/ghost-in-the-shell-original-anime-film-getting-theatrical-re-release
youtube.com/watch?v=q0z08OpmEPc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>I hope they make the technology believable.

The giant walking battle tank should answer your question.

>Will it be good?
Of course not. You can tell just by the line about how they "stole" the Major's life that the writer and producer have absolutely no fucking clue what GitS is about.

Its going to be like the total recall remake
excellent atmosphere, shit everything else

It will be critically praised but panned by Sup Forums

this

dammit
actually this is a good thing
it means that the normies won't latch on to it

Well, duh.

its going to fucking suck

the script will be cringe.

the acting will be cringe

scarlet jewhansson is like the last person they should have picked to be the major.

ugh

quick Sup Forums

who should have played the major?

I think the tough bald chick in mad max should have played her

This.

Shit casting, shit aesthetics, they even managed to fuck up the familliar scenes and shots.
Oh and Ishikawa is a nigger.

Antje Traue, Theron is an even worse actress than Scarjo

someone taller with narrower features, but still a bit muscular/thicc who is good at being emotionless.

>from the makers of Snow White and the Huntsman

a female Keanu reeves?

Togusa and Batou are both garbage too, Togusa looks like he's 50 fucking years old!

>Antje Traue

She definitely has the look

I am driving over 200 miles to watch the original just so I don't have to watch this one.

yeah should've cast her

kinda

emotionless and deadpan like reeves

Even if it isn't good I still wanna see it

what?

just watch it online

I don't know if you're aware of this, user, but we have this thing called "the internet" now. The Information Super Highway isn't an actual, physical highway you have to drive down.

Actually yeah. Usually against meme castings, but she's got the serious look that's perfect for the Major - it's all in the cheekbones and eyes

don't think he has a giant theater sized screen in his home, user.

ign.com/articles/2017/01/09/ghost-in-the-shell-original-anime-film-getting-theatrical-re-release

she would have been better in the role, but they need a big name actress to sell such an obscure IP

you can replicate that with a projector and a big wall in a gymnasium.

just ask a local highschool to use their gym on a weekend.

I haven't seen/read Ghost in the Shell but Jews in Hollywood still can't wrap their heads around Fucking Videogames you really think they can do anime right?

>GiTS
>Obscure

is ghost in the shell really that obscure?
it's a big hit with millennials.

i think the other way around is more likely

scarlet is beautiful but so was Charlize Theron- she was pretty intimidating when she pinned david in Prometheus. she commanded authority but this live movie take away that side of her- she is living the hypothetical scenario that matoko discussed with batou in the elevator, robbed brain and false memories in a fake body.

i'm a normie and no one i know has heard of it

but i'm just one normie, so my experience may not be representative

I just hope they don't just shove this song in any place of the movie.

It is so effective because of the visuals on screen.
youtube.com/watch?v=q0z08OpmEPc

>i'm a normie

get out
get your SHIT
and get out

It isn't because of Matrix.

The creators came out with their influences, one of which was GiTS. I bet you any money that people that enjoyed the Matrix would've gone out and searched for GiTS

It is also one of the first anime movies most people think of when you say "Great anime movies"

sadly no

75% of the people who will see this film in theaters have no idea it's based on an anime. They'll got to see it because it looks like a cool big budget sci-fi and it has Scarlett Johansson.

I will see it in theaters when some good reviews come out from my favourite sources.

I think it is going to be bad, but I HOPE it is going to be good.

ghost in the shell isn't obscure at all though.

The average theater going audience doesn't watch anime.

My mom saw the trailer and was excited and I told her there was a good anime adaptation and she gave me a look I also did this infront of my whole family when sayin this

the vast majority of people have no idea anime even exists. you are living in a bubble if you think an anime movie from the 90s is known to the general public

Literally 0.1% of the general audiences will know what GitS is.

it's known to everyone under 30

delusional

guaranteed to be a weeb

i think scarlet said that it is more story driven than action. Hopefully its good, got high hopes for it

the film is an adaptation of the anime tho

The anime is a adaption of manga

what's manga?

Comics or someshit, I don't even know how to read.

>manlet batou

what is this you speak of?
this..."read"?

COWBOY BEBOP LIVE ADAPTION STARING KEANU REEVES WHEN?

Is this Togusa?

I was under the impression that Togusa was only caucasian member of S9.

maybe they are flip flopping for the movie?

>Togusa
>caucasian
>TOGUSA
>CAUCASIAN

his claim to fame is despite having a cyberbrain he has no other physical augments

SOMEONE POST THE SUBWAY SHOOP

Fuck me this is gonna be bad

Togusa is a japanese name. He may be mixed though.

Characters background prior to Section 9 is very vague but it's assumed they're all japanese. Saito had a background storyline in SAC and I always thought of him being chinese or something.

He's supposed to be late 20s, the youngest on the team, and they get an old ass man?

in alternative 2002