Was he really that great?

Besides scoring meme goals against England, winning the WC 86, and 2 Serie A titles with Napoli, what did he achieve?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_OlVT18hG6c
youtube.com/watch?v=TClYDs3yG74
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>la mano de Díos
'No.'

can't stand swedish posters any longer desu. Why are you always trying to appear so smart and edgy?

>not a single european trophy
lmao

>this is a meme goal

ok boy

He was edgy and had few fancy tricks, people liked this. It's funny how people shit on Messi and praise this cocaine snorting dumbass. He was a great football player tho.

Wasn't even good enough for Barcelona and Barcelona wasn't even good in the 80s

except he literally won an Europa League

>Besides

Another high quality Swedish post.

Woah!

Literally Dmitri Payet tier.

>horrible defending
we've really come a long way since those days

it's a meme goal, 99.999% of the time he would just have been fouled in the first couple of dribbles and that would be it, but the english proved to be a bunch of soft lazy pussies.

this goal is perfectly legal

>english football is tough lad

biggest lie in the history of sports

the trophy sevilla won 4 times in a row kek

>Only people defending Maradona are deluded Argies
whoa

your opinion literally doesn't matter.
you gave a false fact and I corrected you.
that's it, you're just a moron.

>edgy post about maradona again
Eurofucks you should accept that the best players will always be latinos

>Eurofucks you should accept that the best players will always be latinos

"Who is Wayne Rooney"

The worst kind of player there is. Never worked hard in his life, relied ompletely on his talent. Balotelli Tier nowadays

we've got balls, you've just never seen them

besides producing Zlatan what has sweden achieved?

Constantly went missing for weeks at a time, the idea that he was better than Messi (the uncontested GOAT) is laughable.
t.oldfag

he was the first >le drible and fancy tricks lad

literally worse and less sucessful than ronaldinho when you think about it

>Edgy young generation
Tell us, Has Messi ever achieved something the Argentine national team ?

>implying the Europa League is the same as the UEFA cup

Back then only champions got into the CL, so the best of the rest competed in the UEFA cup. It was arguably the stronger competition because it had more quality teams.

*with*

it's disappointing but true that the last world class player that England had was Frank Lampard

Scoring meme goals is literally all that matters to shitskins. He would have had the same status without winning anything.

2 Serie A titles with Napoli is a way bigger achievement than 10 CLs with Real Madrid

somewhere a spastic breathes heavily through his mouth

Yes

I would like to remeber
With napoli
With argentina
He litterally won everything by his own

>the first tricky dribbler in football appeared in the 1980s

lolwat

He was good but not close to Messi. Also all teams were mediocre back then because regulations were much tougher there were no bosmans, teams weren’t allowed to play with more than X foreign players etc. IFK Göteborg won the UEFA Cup twice in these days. Football simply wasn’t as elitistic as it is today. Messi is the first truly superior player in modern football, and that’s a bigger achievement than being superior in the 1900’s.

Apart from all these achievements, what did he achieve?

>who is garrincha?
youtube.com/watch?v=_OlVT18hG6c

K I N O
I
N
O

Was that sun thing in the middle of the pitch intentional? Looks so cool

>I'm swedish look at me!
>my opinion matters!

didn't watch him play, but my father said he was the best so he must be, he is still a shitty person though

it was some sort of retarded decoration the mexicans put up.
that's where the speakers were btw

Is his grandson going to be the GOAT?
>kids dad is aguero
>grandfather is Maradona
How is he not revered as a prince in argie land?

Autism

Agüero is shit and the kid is probably brown as fuck

also, all of the Maradonas are absolute niggers and the mother's raising him, so there's literally no hope for him.

How many World Cup finals have Singapore been in again?

Jack Boulders m8

George Best was doing it in the 60s m8

Yeah, this is the very opposite of a meme goal. Meme goal is a scorpion kick or rattling in a 40-yarder, this is a genuine superhuman effort.

He just scored against Liverpool but that doesn't make him world class

Dude, if you don't know a fuck about what you are talking about, do yourself a favor and STFU.
He was good for any team on the world.
The problem in Barcelona wasn't his playing. First of all, he was out for a long time due to hepatitis (first) and an injury caused by Goikoetxea. Then, in another match against Bilbao (where Goikoetxea played) he had enough of kicks and insults, snapped and begun what turned out to be a massive fight between the two teams. He also had a lot of problems with Barcelona's execs, and he admitted this year that he started using drugs while he was there.
That was the reason he was transferred. And that's also the reason he didn't get a transfer to a better team. He played in a small, shitty team from the south, in a country where no team from the south had ever won a league title before. Until Maradona happened. He was the whole reason the Napoli changed history in Italy.
It's a pity he succumbed to drugs. Hadn't that happen there would be absolutely no doubt about who the greatest in history was.

Maradona had to play against defenders that literally hunted him. It wasn't only dribbling, it was dribbling while avoiding the career ending kicks everyone threw at him. Messi would've fucking die back then.

>foreigners will never know the feel of seeing him enter the pitch
Maradona was much more than a football player
Napolitans are not foreigners

>doesnt have 5 balon dors
>doesnt have 2 back to back champions leagues
>never a top scorer or assistor
>didnt win a league, league cup, scoring title, balon d'or, or europe with 2 teams
>not even the best dribbler of his generation
>play with ultra stacked teams
>needed argie fascism to succeed in the world cup
Him and Messi are so alike it's embarrassing. They're both subordinate to either 3 Ronaldo's

CR7 is the GOAT tsuuu be honest with you my brother

I don't know about the rest of the Swedish, but in regards to OP, you can't be intelligent if you doubt Maradona as one of the greatest football players ever. If you do it you are a fucking idiot and know nothing about the game.

Jesus Christ...
We won the WC here in 1978. Maradona didn't play. Menotti didn't want him because he was too young (the same Menotti that brought John Jairo Tréllez to Boca instead of Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima).
Maradona won his WC in 1986 in Mexico, at a time when we were in democracy again and fascism was done here.
This is pathetic. At least know your shit if you attempt to sound clever.

didn't read lol

Regarding this Gary Lineker said:
"Nobody else could control the ball because the turf had been relaid and it moved under your feet, yet Maradona dribbled from the halfway line. Lord knows what he could do on the modern bowling greens."

>Maradona looking back twice.
>Still giving 0 fucks, going forward and still celebrating.
My favorite part.

Yeah, he was checking whether if the ref sanctioned the hand or not.

>2 Serie A titles with Napoli

That's like coming to Tenerife and winning La Liga nowdays.

4 6 14 and 16 were the worst defenders ever

GOAT

youtube.com/watch?v=TClYDs3yG74

Pelé, Ronaldo, Garrincha, Romário, Edmundo, Sócrates, Falcão, Zico, Ronaldinho, Bebeto, Rivaldo and Neymar are all better than him. Still, he's not bad for an argentinian. At least he's not a choker like Messi and can lead mediocre teams to titles so I'd say he's top 15 of all time.

Tulio Maravilha is better than all those

>nerman
>dinho

He's not better than them, he's maybe a level or two below those players. He's closer to players like Zidane, Iniesta, Platini, Di Stefano and Tsu.

Oh, is it "we say bullshit day"?
Great. Ever Ludueña is better than all of those you mention put together.

My dad just told me Pelé, Maradona and Garrincha were the best players ever

Tulio is much more better than any of them
you are obviously a nigger

It's the truth whether you like it or not. Nothing I can do about it.

He never lived up to his potential. He was too busy doing maths and forgot to train, there's no way he's one of the greatest.

Yeah. You could maybe add Di Stéfano, Cruyff and maybe Puskas.

>Besides single handedly winning the WC, what did he achieve?

What else do you want?
It would have been a lot more impressive if he wasn't on coke half the time, tho.

Tulio > Garrincha >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pelé

Messi is the literal best player ever and if you disagree you don't know shit about football.

stick to black metal and leave sports to >us

>won Serie A (best league in the world at the time) and UEFA Cup with the previously lower-table-tier Napoli twice
>more or less single handedly (pardon the pun) won World Cup with underdog Argentina side
And yet people orgasm over Messi who has failed to win a World Cup in a much superior (in terms of personnel) Argentina side and has only succeeded for one of the greatest club sides of our/all time.

great goal but jesus christ there wasn't a single attempt at a tackle. fenwick's pathetic "please rub against my chest as you breeze past me" move still makes me angry.

as good as the goal was it doesn't change the fact that earlier in the game that cheating piece of shit got away one of the most obvious handballs in the history of international football.

yes i mad.

>implying ronaldo doesn't exist

and how the fucking fuck was shilton out jumped by a cocaine addled midget?

yes i even madder now.

>Frank Lampard
>world class

hue

precisely because it's a midget, he's not allowed to use his hands so it's easy peasy, why would he take into account maradona's handball?
it caught him off guard because it's not something that should've happened, who the fuck does that so blatantly?

he achieved winning the world cup and carrying a nobody Napoli to two league titles.

meanwhile Messi has zero WCs and with his system babby Barcelona. what a fucking faggot.

Stop being obnoxious for the sake of it.

next you'll tell me that Gerrard is better than Lampard.

fair points but it's not all about height. he should have had more command of his area and made that ball his. even back then you weren't allowed to foul the goalie and that should have been the only way that midget could have got anywhere near the ball, hand or not.

>Steven Gerrard's WC goals: 3
>Lampard's WC goals: 0

mmm

I think this swede cuck is venting frustration from his daily life of watching his country get trashed and refugees getting local pussy on easy mode

He moved from barca because he had economic troubles and wanted to milk money from the transfer. It is speculated that he started the fight on purpose to make himself persona non grata at the club.

t. Napoli fan

drug addict

But Messi always goes missing on the big games. At least memedona showed up during the WC biggest games

>that sliding tackle at the end

LA VIDA ES UNA TOMBOLA

>Gerrard has more apps
>Lampard still has more goals for NT

since you love stats so much

Gerrard
>for Liverpool he has 504 apps and only 120 goals
>he never won the league, but he did win a CL at least
>he let it slip. literally.

Lampard
>for Chelsea, he had 429 apps and 147 goals, meaning Lampard had 75 apps less but still scored 27 more goals
>he won the league 4 times, and ALSO won the CL
>never let it slip

hopefully you'll stop thinking Gerrard is anywhere near Lampards level. :)

Defense was pathetic back in the day

>no Robinho

6/10 Average b8

I would compare Maradona to Andre Schurrle because they have a pretty similar trophy cabinet. Decent players but nothing more.

Mohammed, you're pretty fucking retarded. Kill yourself. That is all.

Lampard generally played higher up the pitch, obviously he would score more goals while Makelele was doing all the defensive work. They were both excellent players but to claim that Gerrard wasn't good and base it on how many PL titles they won (when Liverpool never had a team as good as Chelsea's '05 squad) just shows that you only started watching football 5 years ago.