Are you ready for the return of Pirateskino?

Are you ready for the return of Pirateskino?

youtube.com/watch?v=GGbCfT45gKE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rNUYdgIyaPM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates_of_the_Caribbean:_On_Stranger_Tides
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes

SCAT

I unironically like these movies.

So the 3 of them have the most based pirate ships in existence, and suddenly there's bigger baddies than them?

I mean I guess they need some kind of story, but I think this shit has run its course. Will probably still see it, if only for Geoffrey Rush

But Black Sails returned last sunday, not this sunday

GODDAMN this looks fucking good.

I'm so fucking hyped.

One of the franchise Disney keeps milking yet maintains (relatively) high quality. Now if only they could do the same for TRON...OH WAIT, they ditched in favor of SJWars.

I'll never forgive them for that.

me too

I see they're bringing Will back for this one, which makes sense since it's about the dead returning. As long as Elizabeth ain't in it to ruin everything.

the new season of Black Sails already started, user

I have to, it's the closest I'll get to Monkey Island: The Movie.

these movies are severely underrated (even normies parrot the "only the first movie is good meme)

second movie is literally only slightly worse than the first, third movie is noticeably worse than the second but still good, and the fourth movie is as good as if not better than the third

jack's gotten worse over the course of the series but it's still fun to see him and some of the other side characters are great as well

another thing that i noticed last time i rewatched them is that the comedic timing is really on point

the action scenes are very well done too, i'm seriously not even a huge pirate fag or anything and these are still my favorite movies

t. potc shill blogger

Fuck... this is either a very well made trailer or potentially the first good POTC sequel after Dead Man's Chest. Javier looks badass af and the fucking flying dutchman is back.

>if only they could do the same for TRON
Too bad its unlikely now. Maybe Netflix is going to give a try someday, but they'll probably reboot the whole thing.

>directed by two literally whos that worked on Marco Polo

ok

the music in this series is also very good. Even AWE had some good tracks.

This is going to be the greatest movie ever made.

Will Johnny Depp's ex wife JUST him of his pirate's booty?

>Even AWE had some good tracks.
AWE is the best movie and has the best score

Bite me

Only thing I didn't like about AWE was the plot as all over the place, but once the final battle took place it was decent.

Trailer looks great, maybe a little effects-heavy but still excited. I like Barbossa's new thing.

>little effects-heavy but
good thing tho? imean, you want a spectacle

or are you saying the effects look bad?

Reminder that Will Turner can only step on land for one day after 10 years. The last pirate movie with Will is AWE (2007), 10 years ago.

P O T T E R Y K I N O

do do do dah wap bee babba do dip bebop zuh boo boo dip dip dip poo

im pretty sure these are the equivalent of prequels in the pirates Caribbean saga

God fucking damn things like these get me. Too bad Twin Peaks missed the beat by 1 year due to production issues.

I agree expect 4 is awful and the first 3 are all equally great

gg music

youtube.com/watch?v=rNUYdgIyaPM

Can't wait for Javier Bardems villain. Gonna be great.

I really like the look of his ship, it seems that its gimmick is that it can "chop" trough other ships with its bow?

2>1>3>>>>>

>javier leading a charge on fucking water
>ON FUCKING WATER
10/10

4 would have been pretty bad overall I GUESS if it wasn't for basically every minute of the movie from where jack and barbossa are caught together and onward being pure kino

>series hailed for its wonderful original score
>opens with Johnny Cash

>trying and failing to make Geoffrey Rush appear young with awful CGI

>no explanation as to what's actually happening or why we should care

>that last pirates movie

just... let it die

Not that JC isn't fantastic for a good trailer, but it's already off to a bad start

First one was good, Second one was bad, Third one was pure shit, skipped the Fourth.

>We need a bigger ship

Who hyped for a four way battle between the Black Pearl. Queen Anne's Revenge, Flying Dutchman and Salazar's Spooky Ship?

I would go

1 = 2 > 4 >>> 3

Mostly because I love Davy Jones, he's an awesome villain. The forth one is too messy, they literally go all around the world, the whole plot with Tia Dalma being a godess all of a sudden, and teasing a huge sea battle but then they just go NOPE and it's a 1v1 anyway.

The fourth one turned down a lot of the superfluous stuff and felt abit like the first one, got alot good bantz between Jack and Barbossa and also Cruz preggo tits

Salazar's ship is called the Silent Mary. I got that from the POTC wiki.

Also, i just find out this film cost about $320 million, and the fourth one is $378 million, literally the most expensive movie ever. I guess most of it goes to Johnny Depp (and probably the CGI too).

The Curse of The Black Pearl: 10/10
Dead Man's Chest: 6/10
At Worlds' End: 4/10
On Stranger Tides: 0/10

>Salazar's Spooky Ship

>and probably the GI too
Worth it.

>the fourth one is $378 million
WTF? Aside from the ships and CGI, that movie looks like something cost much less than that. I could believe the third one to cost somewhere around that, i guess you are right, no wonder Johnny keep doing these films.

black pearl: 8/10
chest: 8/10
world's end: 6.5-7/10
on stranger tides: 7/10

POTC4 is currently the most expensive film ever followed by POTC5 and then POTC3.

I don't even understand where all the money went on 4. it had the least CGI out of all the film's.

>(and probably the CGI too)
Yeah, except that Jones and his fish-peoples are in the second and third movie. The second is $225 million, the third is $300 million. The only major CGI scenes in the fourth is the mermaids and Blackbeard putting down the mutiny (which mixed with practical effects). What else could cost the movie that much?

More like $410.6 million

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates_of_the_Caribbean:_On_Stranger_Tides

Shit... you can make three or four blockbusters with that budget.

Well... that movie still get +$1.045 billion. Sure it still gets a mixed reviews but profit is a profit. I get what you are trying to say though.

So they're just the zombie pirates from the first one, expect they're always looking like zombies and speak like they're underwater instead of normally?

Johnny Depp got over 50 million dollars for POTC 4

Back then i thought those are practical costumes with some CGI mixed in. It looks to fucking real.

Kek.

1: skeleton
2&3:fish people
4: hypnotized zombies
5: ghosts

>this ship is too damp
>My feelers hurt
>I'm cold
>I wish I was at Tortuga drinking rum

B A R B O S S A
A
R
B
O
S
S
A

This looks more similar to Dead Man's Chest.
>CGI main villain with spooky crew
>Creepy CGI ghost ship
>Jack went missiing
>Magical macguffin (the trident, which will be Salazar's main goal)
>Creepy magic woman (see pic related)

Scooby Doo crossover when?

Still the best fucking CGI out there, and I have no idea how they do it.

>Mfw Johnny Cash starts playing along with montage of pirate ghosts action

>tfw no one would eat your legs while watching kino

>2&3:fish people
And a bunch of nasty tea drinkers

>mfw realizing that movie is ten years old

Undead again?

meh

>we gotta rescue the slaves!

get that cuck shit outta here

Looks like a CGI shitfest. Bloom already said they want it to be a "soft reboot". It's going to be shit.

Jack literally looks like he got squidified, so he's probably on his Davy Jones crew now.

who designed this? why would they just remove part of the leg?

Or that picture is after a comedy escape part where he hides from Capt Salami covered in like mud or oil and he returns to the main meeting place

I wonder what they'll use next.

how was the last pirates movie?

I am really biased on 4 because I think Penelope Cruz might be the most beautiful woman of my lifetime except my wife and pirates are a huge fetish so I like it as much as 2.

because they're spoOoOky

Didn't you see the ghost guy that only had the lower half of his head from the first teaser?

Most of the ghost pirates are like that, missing parts of their body.

Reminder that the after-credits scene of AWE is Will coming back to Elizabeth and their son permanently because he fulfilled his ten years at sea

I missed this yesterday, just heard Johnny Cash but didn't know what it was

Damn I'm hyped

Will seems to be slowly turning, does that mean he's not been doing his duty as captain of the Flying Dutchman?

I dont understand why Jack's knuckle name is spelt JAKC

It's probably sped up transforming since Salazar's crew returned from the dead after Will/Jones got them in the Triangle

>Will coming back to Elizabeth and their son permanently because he fulfilled his ten years at sea
thats not how it works

I'm thinking Capt. Salazar not being passed into the afterlife has something to do with Will not being able to complete his task so he's slowly transforming.

don't listen to memers, it's good

basically the last half hour or something like that is really good, beginning is pretty good, it drags a bit and feels kind of empty/bland in the middle though

the final scenes are great

if you're here asking you might as well watch it

Pirates 4 is just so bad

The entire opening felt like a snl skit

PLEASE DON'T DIE
PLEASE DON'T DIE
PLEASE DON'T DIE
PLEASE DON'T DIE

Oh yeah, pretty obvious. I'm retarded

Thanks guys

The comedy thing is so true, like it does not sound like quips the actor says like in marvel movies, it seems like something the character would actually say.

I really hope the angle of the camera makes the ship look stupid, because if not, it is just a chopped off wheel.

Geoffrey Rush is the only good thing about these movies.

>Why, thank you Jack...
>You are welcome
>Not you, we named the monkey Jack

one of my favorites, so natural and fluid.

There is literally a paper insert with the DVD copy of AWE where the writers explicitly state that IS how it works

Damn, his eyes are so fucking blue.

I fucking love this specific type of fantasy present in PotC, it's executed so well, even in shitty 4

It's the light

>There is literally a paper insert with the DVD copy of AWE
>Implying second-tier canon is legit canon
So long as something not mentioned/explained in the film or ambiguous enough, they can change it whatever they like.

It's currently one day in ten year right?

I want that and i want to see these ghost sharks in action

not sure about the length hes allowed to stay on land but yeah once every ten years
then again theres ways to cheat like Davey did standing in a goddamn bucket of sea water on land. He should just tie bags of water to his legs or something
I wouldnt be surprised if they pulled shit like that in 5

Why is he so red?
I am worried.

>fight in the middle of a giant tropical thunderstorm
>Will shows up, jumping from puddle to puddle

I now FEAH DEATTHHH.

He probably got a lot of sunburnt being a pirate in a tropical are.

Also, because Geoffrey Rush is getting old user, that's what wil happen to you to one day. And we all know how it ends...

Ate too many apples.

>the weapon that will be used against this tactic will be throwing stacks of these things in the puddles

Black Sails has been back for over a week now.