Are there any Japanese shows that you would consider kino?

Are there any Japanese shows that you would consider kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KJuexdl_c5s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Japanese
>Making anything worth watching

No. Stick to Korea

Does that definition include anime ? If so, yes, plenty.

When you're talking just general shows, plenty. Variety entertainment in Japan has some of the best shit around, with hidden camera shows still being popular in Monitoring, comfy lifestyle requests in Knight Scoop, and testing out crackpot theories for fun in Suiyoubi no Downtown.

Dramas are pretty poor in general, though. There's a few I've enjoyed, but they're mostly a guilty pleasure, given how much of a romance focus they all have for the sake of bored housewives. Hanzawa Naoki was almost good.

Garo.

Midnight Diner.

The Hero Yoshihiko.

This show was goat. Would recommend. Good music, good visuals, and great stories.

Ten Tales From The Japanese Underground
Kaidan Shin Mimibukuro
Prayer Beads

And a bunch of other horror anthologies as well whose titles I cannot recall at the moment, and/or are unfortunately obscure and difficult to track down unless in Japan. I fucken rub Japanese horror shorts and anthologies, especially when they involve elements of native folklore and mythology, so I'm biased in that sense, but I don't automatically like any and all J-Horror, mostly only the supernaturally themed and/or psychologically based ones.

Power Rangers

I haven't watched much Japanese TV but out of the 10-15 that I've watched Galileo is the only one that stood out. Pure kino if you're into a mix between House and Law and Order

Speaking of kino can anyone recommend some absolute kino books to read?

Initial D stage 1 and 2

the rest of it is also top tier

The Holy Quran (peace be upon it two be honest)

best show, of all time, not just in Japan, right here, right now, here you go:

youtube.com/watch?v=KJuexdl_c5s

Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

I unironically enjoyed Crows Zero 1&2 (explode(3) is dogshit)

Battle Royale.

japanese children shows here are GOAT

Evangeleon

Boku no Picu

Liar Game is pretty good.

I probably wouldn't have watched past the first episode if my gf hadn't convinced me to stick it out but once you get over the poor camera quality and acting it's actually really watchable.

Kekkon Dekinai Otokoe ain't bad
Cozy tier J-drama

Ultra Q

I watched 嬢王 Virgin the other day. Not sure if you'd call it kino, but it had a nice polygonal plot and some oh shit moments. I think these dreams based on nanga are best as manga.

Drama?
I remember watching a goofy teen comedy years ago that was actually pretty good I think it was called stand up!

Watch the Akagi live action.

If you haven't seen Densha Otoko then you can go baka yourself, gaijin.