Was he the bad guy?

Was he the bad guy?

He was straight and white so yes.

But he is a Jewish actor, so he can't actually be bad.

He was to his family.

He did everything they told him.

Was L.A. like that in 1993?

>white
check
>male
check
>blue eyes
check
>just wanted to protect and provide for his family
check
>had conservative values
check

the list goes on

He was your usual white man. Complaining about the behavior of other people while being totally oblivious to his own.

He killed, stole, terrorized people, broke several laws but it was only bad when "others" did it and constantly kept blaming others for his failures.

>society just keeps shitting on you to no end and you're the only one not to allowed be helped for some reason
>somehow it is wrong to retaliate

You CTR fellas are fascinating.

>nerd freaks out because he can't have his milkshake
Yeah, he was the bad guy.

You're a fucking idiot.

>just wanted a nice refreshing Coke
>just wanted to sit on a rock
>just wanted breakfast
>just wanted to pass through the gold course
>just wanted to see his child
He did nothing wrong.

>you're the only one not to allowed be helped for some reason

that's certainly what Bill Foster/D-FENS must have been telling himself. he wouldn't be putting so much effort into trying to fool his mom otherwise.

>sociopath white spree shooter genes

No, american society is.

Does it actually explain if he was looking for work or not? I can't remember.

it's not addressed at all but personally I think he wasn't and inability to accept he's been shitcanned in the first place informs most everything he does.

>not cheering for Prendergast

I tried to but I couldn't fit his name into any of my giving-a-fuck thoughts

I had this movie on VHS tape and watched it a lot when I was 3-4 years old. Didn't understand the premise, but always felt extremely sad when he was shot with wategun still in his hand. He can't be the bad guy.

No. He was a good man from a different era, put down and made to feel worthless to the point that he snapped.

Why didn't he just fix his AC before summer came?

>just wanted to protect and provide for his family
Do you actually seriously believe this?

Tragic antihero.

How hypocritical!

Yes and everyone deserved it.

> Did you know that in some South American countries, it's legal to kill your wife is she insults you?
> Smash up a gas station because he didn't want to pay the sticker price for a can of soda.
> Hold a fast food joint full of people at gun point because they stopped serving breakfast.
> Blew up a construction site because of a traffic jam.
Yeah, he was the bad guy. In a few of the situations, you could half way understand his actions.

He was relateable. His actions were self destructive, and he held himself up with sheer righteous indignation.

He was a bad guy.

>Michael Douglas
>white

you'll call now

The movie is obviously written in such a way that you start out somewhat sympathetic to him, but by the end you are supposed to realize hes a nutcase and pendergast is the real protagonist. Of course if you are also an extreme narcissist or sociopath you wont empathize with any of the innocent people he terrorizes throughout the film and so will miss this transition. Its interesting, you can actually administer this film as a crude test for anti social personality.

>"retaliating" by killing innocent people is fine as long as the victims aren't white and even then sometimes

you trumptards are fascinating

jelly shitskins detected

When this came out he was the good guy. Our moral compass is so fucked at this point he's looked at now as a bad guy.

If he was black though he'd be a good guy.

>Duglavosky
>white