Who is the most overrated director working today?

Who is the most overrated director working today?

>Its a lets shit on a genius because i want to appear edgy to basement virgins episode

It makes Dolan shine like a diamond in comparison.
And Dolan is a pretentious hack

>Genius

Nolan is a talented director but he's sloppy as fuck.

He is very much overrated.

Checked keked.

Denis Villeneuve.

Prisoners was melodrama bullshit.
Sicario looked cool,but had an extremely uninteresting protagonist/plot and beat you over the head with the few messages it did have.
Arrival was similar, with the addition of a hackneyed love story.

Oh well, at least he hasn't been given the keys to remake sci-fi classics like Blade Runner or Dune

Snyder, there's nothing good about what he does, yet neckbeards wank their tiny dicks all over him.

>he's sloppy as fuck
Because he doesn't shot several takes of one scene, I can respect that, I also respect a director who shots several takes of just one tiny scene, it's their artistic style, and just because I don't like it, it doesn't mean it's bad.

Zack Snyder's fan's dicks are biggest in the game.

Of course tarantina. His films are not very bad, some are pretty good. Idiots can say he is a genius scripter but no one must say he is a genius director.

Nepotism shows no bounds when it comes to this guy. Look up how Whiplash went into production. All of a sudden Simmons wins the Oscar for dude cursing lmao and the movie itself gets rave reviews. A movie of course that is literally film school tier and is absolute trash.

Oh. You sound like you really know films!

Right, so there is no such thing as bad directors, just different tastes and styles, right?

>Zack Snyder's fan's dicks are biggest in the game

That's not what I meant, there are terrible directors, like Brett Ratner, then there are director who have a unconventional style, it doesn't make them bad.

What do you respect about not putting effort in making a good scene and not getting the most out of your cast. He puts a lot effort in storytelling, that's good. But what you are mentioning is laziness, a flaw, imperfection, not an artistic choice. I can respect Lanthimos' artistic choice of making his cast act awkward, but including goofy, amateur acting (from professionals) in your mobie is just a bad move. He is not paying attention there.

This.

Am I really the only one to say Tarantino?

>t. Christopher "Bravo" Nolan

Clint Eastwood

Joking.

David O. Russell.

Nolan and Tarantino are also overrated but both created at least 2 iconic movies. However none of Russell's movies are Pulp Fiction or Dark Knight tier.

Alex Payne is also a bit overrated.

>David O. Russell.
I agree with this, and I unironically thought American Hustle was pretty good. The guy just rests on his laurels.

As much as I'd like to say Tarantino, his movies are at least entertaining, so I'll say PTA.

His directing style is too vanilla for such an acclaimed director. I liked There Will Be Blood, but I honestly think that 70% of it being good was the script and the other 30% was DDL.

Punch Drunk Love is a snoozefest, as is The Master, and I can't see why everyone is head over heels for him.