Pirates of the Carribean 5 Trailer

>The dead have taken command
>they are looking for a Sparrow

so they are literally using the plot of the first movie again? oh well, it's not like most people remember it by now

youtube.com/watch?v=GGbCfT45gKE

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duc_de_Dantzig_(1808_ship)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ourang_Medan
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Bird_(ship)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Celeste
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resolven_(ship)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for the Dauntless

Skeletons=/=ghosts
Also they werent looking for Jack in the first movie, they were searching for Will.

If they don't have will then who controls them.

>Fire at Will

What did he mean by this?

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duc_de_Dantzig_(1808_ship)

>After the last mention of her, Duc de Dantzig disappeared without a trace. She might have been cruising in the Atlantic or in the Caribbean at the time, and either been destroyed in a night encounter against a British frigate, or in a tropical cyclone

>Napoléon Gallois later relayed the legend that an unspecified French frigate had encountered the wreck of Duc de Dantzig drifting at sea, covered with dried blood and the putrefying corpses of her crew, many crucified to the masts or the deck. There were no signs that she had been in a recent battle: no new shot holes, and her sails and rigging were intact. Some blood-stained papers found in the captain's cabin identified her captain as François Aregnaudeau. The crew of the frigate set the brig ablaze

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ourang_Medan
>The story has appeared in various magazines and books on Forteana, beginning with a 1953 article in Fate Magazine. Authors such as Jessup speculate that the crew might have been attacked by UFOs or paranormal forces prior to their deaths.Circumstantial evidence cited by these sources includes the apparent absence of a natural cause of death, the reportedly terrified expressions on the faces of the deceased, and rumors that some of the dead were "pointing" towards an unknown enemy

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Bird_(ship)
>The SV Sea Bird or Seabird (later renamed Beach Bird) was a merchant brig under the command of John Huxham (or Husham or Durham).In 1750 or 1760 the ship grounded herself at Easton's Beach, Rhode Island. Her longboat was missing,and she had been returning from a voyage to Honduras and was expected in Newport that day.The ship was apparently abandoned in sight of land (coffee was boiling on the galley stove) and drifted off course.The only living things found on the ship were a dog and a cat.One week after the Sea Bird arrived, it vanished, and like its crew the Sea Bird was never seen again

Will still presumably controls Flying Dutchman and its crew
Will is also seen near the end of the trailer, visibly losing his human look.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Celeste
>Mary Celeste (often misreported as Marie Celeste) was an American merchant brigantine, discovered adrift and deserted in the Atlantic Ocean, off the Azores Islands, on December 5, 1872. The Canadian brigantine Dei Gratia found her in a dishevelled but seaworthy condition, under partial sail, and with her lifeboat missing. The last entry in her log was dated ten days earlier. She had left New York City for Genoa on November 7, and on discovery was still amply provisioned. Her cargo of denatured alcohol was intact, and the captain's and crew's personal belongings were undisturbed. None of those who had been on board were ever seen or heard from again.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resolven_(ship)
>The SV Resolven was a merchant brig which was found abandoned on 29 August 1884, with her lifeboat missing,[1] between Baccalieu Island and Catalina, Newfoundland and Labrador. The abandoned vessel was found by the HMS Mallard. Her logbook was posted to within six hours of being sighted.[2] Other than a broken yard, she had suffered minimal damage. The galley fire was alight and the lamps were burning. A large iceberg was sighted nearby. It has been claimed that none of the seven crew members or four passengers were accustomed to northern waters and it was suggested that they panicked when the ship was damaged by ice, launched the lifeboat, and swamped, though no bodies were found. The ship was towed into the nearby port, refitted and put out to sea again. No trace was ever found of her crew. The mystery of this ship earned it the nickname the Welsh Mary Celeste

starring kaya

>Salazar and his crew seek out to kill every pirate, with jack sparrow being the grand prize
>Trailer shows Barbossa looking terrified at the ghost ship which is later seen can steamroll other ships

Barbossa will live, right?
Right?

at 0:52 when the water opens up there's something in the deep, is it the Dutchman?

Wait, isn't the whole point of doing Flying Dutchman job right is that you don't transform into squidface?

i fucking hope so

Never mind, on repeated viewing I now see that it's the anchor

So what does that tell you?

OH MY GOD

LITERALLY WHO CARES

They need to kill off another character at this point, my bet goes to Barbossa.

Flying Dutchman is confirmed for being in this movie because Will Turner is in it too.

a lot of people, you child

>So what does that tell you?

That Bloom is a fucking slacker.

>make a big deal about how Will becoming Captain gets rid of squid shit for crew
>bring it back anyway

What's the fucking point?

Aye

I care.

Salazar refuses to go to pirate paradise and job is considered undone. Or they just did it for muh cgi.

As seen in other threads it might have something to do with Salazar escaping death. Maybe Will's part in the movie will be getting Salazar back, so he can get rid of the barnacle shit

i unironically enjoy the POTC movies, they're my guilty pleasure

to show that he hasn't been good at his job maybe losing grip on reality. I'm feeling a retribution storyline incoming.

>skeleton pirates
>fishy pirates
>zombie pirates
>ghost pirates
Ninja pirates are next I assume?

A ship that can fly
A ship that sails on land AND sea
Space pirates
And in a final movie, when Will is gone and there's another Dutchman captain, the new captain will bring back all the lost souls from the dead for an epic showdown

there were already ninja pirates in the third movie

3rd film had a whole town of ninja pirates.

Raptor pirates

I can fucking guarantee you that the next one will have something to do with Arabs or something.

Get this, ready?

Ancient Egyptian Pirates.

>pirate nuns

It's clear they're milking the series at this point. The POTC movies started to suck in the 3rd one, this is just beating a dead horse at this point

hol up, hol up...

u b saying...

>a ship that sails on land and sea
If done correctly that could be pretty cool
>can sail through earth, sand, rock, etc because the terrain around it gains a liquid consistence
>on land, people can feel it approaching when the soil starts to become soft like mud, turning fully into liquid when it's nearby
>people have to wade defenselessly through the soil or climb to anything made out of wood when it's raiding towns
>the crew/captain usually punishes people by keelhauling them on land, cutting off the rope before the victim dies so the soil around them hardens again when the ship get far enough, essentially burying them alive

Arab pirates rekt some serious shit in the Mediterranean during the Middle Ages

>keelhauled on land
>getting buried alive while in intense pain

Idk maybe the people talking about it right now??

Well, there are a bunch of fucking ghosts pirates and ghost zombies running around.

Do you think we might see will go full squid face or whatever his equivalent would be?

Gothmog is a waifufag and wants Keira for himself

Why else would he be in it, from the plot perspective at least. He's hunting Salazar to get him to the afterlife.

No Somalian pirates are next

Which sounds pretty neat to me t b h

they already made a movie about them

Part of the ship...

To be fair if Will and his crew are off chasing Salazar and not ferrying the dead to the afterlife they are supposed to be turning like that.

We just don't know how fast said crew turns when not doing their job or how long The Dutchman has been presumably after Salazar

Make it happen

OH MY GOD
HE'S GOD

what do you think happened?

If we do, I hope it's not something retarded looking.

Obviously he won't look anything as cool as Davy Jones did because of what Bloom looks like, but it better be something good.

top kek

Two actually

Director said this movie has the biggest naval battle in film history.

Who is it going to be?

...Part of the crew

Asian=ninja, fucking kek

>Salazar ship
vs
>Dutchman, Queen Annes Revenge, & The Pearl

But serious if the Pearl isnt in it they better have a damn good excuse

It's in the trailer, senpai

>zombie sharks

mite b cool

Can you make me a sandwich?

Its literally Barbossa's ship.

Most ghost-ship stories can be explained with that the crew panicked and thought the ship would sink, got in the lifeboat and either it sunk, they died from exposure adrift on the ocean or they landed on some uninhabited island and died without being found. Or the ship finding them just fucking killed everyone and made up a story about finding it abandoned.

The Ourang Medan is pretty much conclusively made up, with nothing to suggest it actually existed, as well.

Hmm maybe, amongst the capeshit and countless remakes, this will actually be decent

>johnny cash over a pirate trailer

Yeah Mlmaybe im a fucking idiot for hoping Hollywood will ever be good again

Barbossa took over the Revenge, magic sword and all.
Doesnt even know the Pearl was just put into a bottle or the Jack has in by the end of the forth movie.

Looks like you missed the last movie

I hope they don't sacrifice Barbossa and the Queen Anne's Revenge just to establish Salazar is a badass

I'd like for Will and Dutchman appear as Deus Ex Machina near the end and well, show everyone around who's boss in the afterlife business

Also what the fuck's up with the bitch with crabs huh?

I seriously hope we get to see the return of the Revenges front flamethrower cannons in this scene

Offical synopsis.

>"Down-on-his-luck Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) is feeling the winds of ill-fortune blowing strongly his way when deadly ghost sailors, led by the terrifying Captain Salazar (Javier Bardem), escape from the Devil’s Triangle bent on killing every pirate at sea – notably Jack.

>Jack’s only hope of survival lies in the legendary Trident of Poseidon, but to find it he must forge an uneasy alliance with Carina Smyth (Kaya Scodelario), a brilliant and beautiful astronomer, and Henry Turner (Brenton Thwaites), a headstrong young sailor in the Royal Navy and the son of Jack's old friend Will Turner (Orlando Bloom), who now leads the cursed crew of the Flying Dutchman.

At the helm of the Dying Gull, his pitifull small and shabby ship, Jack seeks not only to reverse his recent spate of ill-fortune, but to save his very life from the most formidable and malicious foe he has never faced."

>Blaragh I am the dreadful Ghost Piraet Sal-
>*WHOOOOOOOSHHHH
>AAAAAAAAAAHHHH HEL-
>*WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH*
>The End

>At the helm of the Dying Gull, his pitifull small and shabby ship,

MOTHERFUCKER HE HAS THE PEARL

Johnny Cash is rapidly approaching meme status, he'll be the next blue-and-orange

I saw the first one when it came out and it was a very decent and enjoyable flick. I haven't paid attention to the franchise over the years and just now see that there are three others (Jesus Christ Disney steady on). Are they all enjoyable, which ones should I watch (if any)? Does it even have a continuing storyline?

>Does it even have a continuing storyline?
Yes

Watch 2&3 since they are basically one 5h movie. If you feel like more, watch 4.

>ship with flamethrowers and a captain in complete control of the ship will lose to a broken ship

O thought Davey Jones whas the ultimate baddy in that universe?

They should make it Viking as a reference to the way longships were transported over land

>inb4 Salazars entire revenge stems from Jack just casually passing him and his crew by while he rode the Black Pearl through the desert in Davy Jones locker and waved at them

Yeah what the fuck, didn't the last movie end with him and the guy with the beard having the Pearl in the bottle?

Why the fuck do they keep on taking the ship away from him.

he probably can't open it

same reason why Barbossa doesn't have a fucking fleet with him (he has a ton of bottles in the captain's cabin)

probably be explained away as Jack hasn't figured out how to get it big again yet or Gibbs hasn't returned with the goat yet for the ritual Jack mentioned.
>inb4 he gets in big again in time for the final battle
Not sure who would crew it through, as far as I know Disney hasn't called back any of the Pearl crew

Davey's Dead.

>Henry Turner (Brenton Thwaites), a headstrong young sailor in the Royal Navy and the son of Jack's old friend Will Turner (Orlando Bloom)

How fucking old are Jack and Will supposed to be?

So we're all in agreement that

Curse of the Pearl
>GOAT Adventure-kino

Dead Men Tell No Tales
>excellent villain with some great set pieces but suffers from being obviously one part of a two part story

At World's End
>some good parts but the bad parts are fucking awful, world building is neat but the movie is way too fucking long

Stranger Tides
>not enough mystique, new characters are almost all terrible, Blackbeard is a shit villain and dies like a punk bitch, Barbossa carries the flick, Spanish are GOAT

It's funny how they try to up the ante each time.

>immortal undead pirates and legendary ship black pearl
>immortal trans-dimensional pirates and legendary ship the flying dutchman
>oh and a sea goddess too
>magical legendary pirate blackbeard and his ship
>more undead pirates with another legendary ship and magic!

>It's Captain is Leif Ericsson
>The crew is all Vikings turned into Skinwalkers or Wendigos

Jack has all the bottles iirc

...Gibbs took all them with him, as far as Barbossa is concerned he returned to Blackbeards quarters and found a empty cabnet with shelves

.....Jack is gonna use the Trident of Poseidon to turn all those ships in bottles back to normal isnt' he
>bag of godamn fearsome pirate ships (Blackbeard only liked to collect the good ones) lead by the Pearl, Dutchman, and Revenge

Disagree. They all kinda blur into one almost pirate-kino tbqfh

correct

Dead Men Tell No Tales hasn't released yet you fucking autistic retard.

NOAH!

OH FUCK ME ITS DEAD MENS CHEST

CLOSE ENOUGH CUNT

IS HE COMING BACK?

The actor looks relatively young, so maybe they'll have him play a really young midshipman? They went to sea at like five, so he could be a fairly accomplished seaman in his early teens. Although it would make more sense to make him twenty since he obviously can't be ten, to tie up with Will returning to land.

Or Jack and Barbossa hunted down some rejuvenating magic trick between movies. Will is immortal anyways.

who cares about that beta

IS HE COMING BACK??

didn't he the third one??

Jack is probably immortal