SAMURAI JACK FULL TRAILER

SAMURAI JACK TRAILER
youtube.com/watch?v=VSrv_n4tw7w

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3EVDQrDNk-k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

HOLY FUCK I AM SO FUCKING HARD

Fuck. Yeah. I've been waiting this for years and it looks fucking amazing.

what does Aku sound like

is it horrible

Time to rewatch it I suppose

You only hear his laugh, watch the trailer that blood though

>we want the steven universe audience
great, another show I'm forced to drop.

How so famalamadingdongeroo?

I never noticed how Jack was a fat Jewish kid hanging out with space lesbians.

I've been arguing about this for awhile now.
Does he say 50 years or 15 years?

Having female characters= SJW Universe white genocide

It doesn't look like the plot or style has deviated from the original series at all. Bloodier maybe, which will be great.

50, that sounds more dire if he's really not aging and also he STILL has not defeated Aku or gotten back to the past.

The high priestess thing is a smart idea, we've seen cults devoted to Aku in the original show right?

>yfw the scottsman is probably dead
F
:(

>2 different Carpenter Brut songs in the trailer
Nice

His kinsmen probably aren't, I wouldn't doubt he had plenty of sons/daughters with that wife of his

>that beard

What is he, an Ainu?

Nah. Magic runes lad

They probably want the Mifune look and he had a pretty thick beard for a Jap

>that synth music

Hnnnnnghhhhhhh. I hope this show has a synth OST that's more prevalent than it was in the original series. I fucking love synth.

Are you actually retarded?

Just be hype, Jack's back.

He's just fishing for (you)'s

This is gonna be fucking great. So glad they are concluding this series proper

Those assassins seem lazily designed.

Jack in full armour suit and using guns, this is going to be fucking great

shieeeeeet

i used to fall asleep so fast watching this show

looking forward to some new comfy fall asleep episodes

The thing that pissed me off about this show is that there will be no resolution until the series finale. Most episodes have nothing to do with going back to the past, Jack just stumbles upon some unrelated conflict, he fixes the conflict, rinse and repeat without progressing the actual story plot. There's maybe one episode per season where he confronts Aku or finds a way to travel back in time, but of course Aku gets away or something goes wrong and he can't time travel. Rinse and repeat. The show is literally 98% filler.

It's not about the ending, it's the journey

thats why this shit is such good sleepkino

none of it matters

you can just fall asleep and wake up towards the end and guess what - you missed nothing

how many eps lads?

What in god's ass? A continuation of an old Cartoon that is not a reboot, with a trailer that is actually quite decent?

Gendy confirmed the Scotsman will appear in some fashion.
This season is less episodic than the original show, intended to tell one story through ten episodes. It's the finish.

It looks more like it's actually structured to continue from episode to episode, makes no sense to do a bunch of one shot stories leading towards the end rather than a continuous narrative leading up to the final encounter.

This looks good, but since it isn't a reboot and they're only making a limited amount of episodes it gives me hope that it won't turn into another powerpuff girls.

Looks bretty good. I'm liking the music score.

If they didn't get back Phil Lamarr it'd be a scandal, at least with Aku there's an excuse.

I just came

nice furi copycat

Furi is an Afro Samurai clone, brighteyes

a nice amount. thank you, sir.

any major narrative themes been leaked (other than what's hinted at in the trailers)?

N I N E Y E A R S

>any major narrative themes been leaked (other than what's hinted at in the trailers)?

I haven't looked, and honestly don't want to, would rather be surprised

Was there an actual story to the original seasons? I just remember vague outline of "stop Aku" that just brought Jack to a different fight every episode

What stops him from aging?

PURE ANIME KINO

We don't know

I think the main narrative will involve these female warriors and Jack finally defeating Aku. Honestly I don't even need Jack to get back. I'd be happy with the show ending officially with Old Jack about to strike down a weakened Aku in front of the time portal
>WAA CHAA

Jack's gatling gun looks fucking baller.

I'm excited as hell. Looks like it's gonna be a fucking slaughterfest. The blood being bright red is a great contrasty look.

The 7 assassins look decent if a little uninspired. I know they were born into an Aku cult for the sole purpose of killing Jack, and that's pretty interesting.

American Anime, for what a small genre it is (there's like two or three shows that fit the bill) tends to be kino as fuck

Samurai Jack, Last Airbender, and maaaaaaybe Steven Universe but that's a pretty big stretch.

It's Carpenter Brut, I don't think it's gonna be used for the show

I can't think of a single reason why steven universe could be called american anime the only thing anime like that it has it references to anime.

You could have at least give props to Symbionic Titan

No Boondocks mention?

No Venture Brothers.
You sir are not an American anime patrician.

>azula voice actor
she can be so cringy sometimes but sometimes she's good

>they sticked to the original art style
YES
YES FUCKING YES

It's entirely dependent on the writing. She was great as the Voermans, she's mediocre whenever it's non-character acting.

stuck*

and why fix what wasn't broken in the first place, y'know.

>evil female version of Aku
>meme perturbator-tier music
great..

>limited series

So its just 1 season?

Kill yourself

My dick is diamonds and I cannot lie.

I remember watching the original show a long time ago but I forgot what happens in it. What's so great about the show?

Well redditted, my bro!

Young Pope was written as a miniseries and that got renewed. Let's hope that this is successful enough in the ratings to get more.

it's the final season.

Assuming that guy meant American cartoons influenced by Japanese animation, Venture Brothers isn't one of them. It's a callback to 1960s to 70s Saturday morning cartoons.

>dat carpenter brut

God damn am I stocked.

Unique artstyle, worldbuilding, great voice acting and some damn good action scenes, it kind of muddled around a bit with the overall defeat Aku plot but the episodes that focus on Aku's origin are brilliant.

w-what happened to the sword

is he going to be okay without the sword

I mean the entire point of the original series from start to finish was that the sword was fucking useless because there are very few challenges in life and world that will tackle you head on, and Jack needed to get smart. But it is very strange to not see him use it.

Will this follow the comic or is that not canon anymore? The comic had the ending of the whole thing.

(((Rothschild)))

it continues where the cartoon left off I guess

I agree since they seem to be a main antagonist. However if you rewatch the series you notice a mix of really cool complex enemy designs and very very simple designs as well. I think is just the shows style.

>written by Jim 'Not Genndy so who cares' Zub

highly non-canon

>I mean the entire point of the original series from start to finish was that the sword was fucking useless

The sword that was specifically forged to kill Aku was useless? Are you retarded? Are you seriously 100% extr chromosome'ing right now?

It seems lame, moving away from the katana and warrior he used to be. In original series he'd fuck up people who were using that "lulz stand and shoot" method. Wonder if they'll have a "rediscover the way of the warrior" story. Scotsman should be the only one using guns.

Jack was highly resourceful and tactical using other weapons/his environment, hell the first episode shows that he's trained with every weapon and martial art of his time period around the globe and in the future he used enemy robots weaponry against them as well.

Best one was him dual wielding Spartan shields with Leonidas for backup

>I mean the entire point of the original series from start to finish was that the sword was fucking useless

What? Aku's main focus is on getting that sword you know, he only wants to kill Jack because he has that sword. And also because he's evil.

youtube.com/watch?v=3EVDQrDNk-k

Yeah. That's what I mean.

The ONE (1) time that Jack has managed to truly hurt Aku with it, was in the first episode when he had drawn him into the blade, which turned him into a shadow on the ground. The kung-fu man on man episode features Aku going through the animal transformation shit, and then just shrugging and going back into his base form, which strongly suggests he is fucking with Jack majority of the time.

I want you to notice that the sword does not burn Aku's matter away. Just creates holes in him, which he can close. Or he just transforms because that is easier.

There is no doubt that the sword CAN defeat Aku. This is reaffirmed throughout the show several times by even gods other than him and so. But the sword is not the key to defeating him, because Aku is the shapeshifting master of darkness. That's what he is. You can't fight him head on. So the sword is useless.

There is a bit of philosophy hidden under it. You could say that at the start, Jack's resolve is pure, and so that which the sword REPRESENTS remains pure. Throughout the series, and through the way Aku and the future fuck with him, he becomes more ingenious, but less direct, and his resolve wavers. I'd say that's why he, eventually, no longer uses the sword at all.

This is true but I mean looking at that trailer he's using guns and standing still while shooting at enemies that are using tactics he used to use.

Aku has been hurt other times by the sword, and been shown to be immune and unafraid of everything else. Each hit from the sword reduced his size and power and he could be trapped within the sword. Guns ain't gonna do shit.

>it's useless except when it isn't

Your post is a bunch of long-winded crap.

Except, you know, Jack's father stopped Aku with the sword. You know, the only thing in the universe that can actually hurt him.

Wow, you mean the entire trailer with Jack pretty much given up and getting his ass kicked has his not acting like the amazing fighting machine he used to be oh wow such great tactical analysis.

I've only ever watched random episodes here and there, is it worth marathoning the 4 seasons?

fuck off

y r u so angry

>has seen parts of Samurai Jack
>still questions whether it's worth watching
You're retarded.

Episodes women will never understand.

Of course. But there is a very clear line of thought supporting the idea.

I rewatched the first season some time ago. At the very beginning, his father basically told him that he has no idea what he's getting himself into, and that he needs to think about it. Jack ignores this advice, runs at Aku just hacking away, and almost wins, but ultimately loses to a trick.

Throughout the entire series, you can see the corruption of Jack's purity and resolve. He is still a good guy, of course, but nearly every conflict he comes into is resolved mentally. Through observing the situation carefully, sitting down and thinking about it, focusing his mind, or through tricking the opponent. Only after that can he get a clear shot with the sword. Every time Jack sees an enemy and just tries to attack blindly, he is falling for a ruse and it fails.

Fifty years of hoes and tricks later, Jack did not get good. He is a shadow of his former self.

Another thing is, that these ninja girls are human. This is something that has been brought up before with the cat clan: Jack cannot kill living beings. By giving him bitter enemies that bleed, Aku is trying to corrupt Jack's identity as a hero.

>every series has consistent quality through all the episodes

I think it's time to finally get round to watching Samurai Jack

Don't make excuses for your own stupidity and ignorance. Anybody who's seen more than 1 episode should know it's consistently great.

I'm trying to think of the worst episode of Samurai Jack, probably the one with the underwater jews.

stop saying hype you rat faced little cunt

:^)

It's looking like Aku won't be in much of this.

That's a big loss, There's nothing like his facial expressions.

I need good cartoonkino Sup Forums, what are some others?

Do we know how long the episodes will be? Will it be the usual 20 or are they going for longer?