Give me your honest opinion of this man

Give me your honest opinion of this man

He's a sexy beast!!

Pleb filter.

Dead as a doornail

I think he genuinely intimidated Aragorn. And would have been the alpha of the Fellowship

A true hero and a real human bean.

>Aragorn
>Intimidated

Watch their early interactions. Aragorn is literally looking at the ground, while Boromir is all up in his shit.

He was based

>boromir starts getting chesty at the council
>legolas BTFO of him with two sentences that make him sit down and contemplate the future of his home kingdom when confronted by his rightful king

> twink bottom tries to flex nuts on his home turf

Boromir was smart enough to not escalate.

Trying to steal Ring from Frodo. Thank God Joffrey killed him.

>Aragorn looked literally at the ground. This Boromir is all up in my shit, he thought.

He is weak in soul because he is running away from his destiny as King. The fact that Boromir is only in the position he's in because Aragorn wont step up makes him even more aware of it.

what's with all the boromir threads recently

gondor shills

Holy fuck I'm dying here. Yet another part of Lotr ruined.

underused

he just want to make sure he doesn't get recognized by Boromir so he'll have to get dragged back to Gondor to do his day job and rule shit

the Legolas blew it for him, and you can see Aragorn's face like "oh come on man."

he's a big guy in the series

The orcs represent black alpha males while Gondor represents a pure, blonde, white petite female. Boromir and the gang are being BTFO by Tyrone. Literally a cuck.

he isn't scared, he's cringing. aragorn is 87 at that point, this nigger half his age or less comes barging in spouting literal shit, he doesn't have time for it, so he does his best to ignore it.

Poor's man Faramir

You got a problem with the beloved son of Gondor?

This.

Boromir is how you seperate the plebs for the men. ANYONE who like Boromir has seen the movies, and only the movies, anyone who like Faramir has both seen the movies and read the books and picked the canonically superior human, on the levels of Aragorn.

Boromir canonically does not have the blood of numenor, he isn't even fit to rule Gondor as a steward.

He has the blood of Numenor, but not as much as Faramir, who was therefore able to pass the test which Boromir couldn't. That being said, Boromir went out like a gangster and was, in the end, a hero.

The blood does not flow through Boromir, literally canon.

>‘He [Denethor] is not as other men of this time, Pippin, and whatever be his descent from father to son, by some chance the blood of Westernesse runs nearly true in him; as it does in his other son, Faramir, and yet did not in Boromir whom he loved best. He has long sight. He can perceive, if he bends his will thither, much of what is passing in the minds of men, even of those that dwell far off. It is difficult to deceive him, and dangerous to try.

Oh shit, btfo by Gandalf.
Fair enough

Should have left Kings Landing when he had the chance.

thx for reminding me GoT is trash after season 1

He shouldn't have told Cersea he knew about Joffery's parentage and should have captured him in the night with his house guard and Renly. Then he could have taken Joffery north as his ward and let Renly and Stannis fight it out.

What does this even mean though?

While both men Faramir was superior and got shafted for it. Faramir lead the Rangers of Ithilien who were essentially the same as rangers of the north who were descendants of the Numenor.

Faramir got heavily shafted in these movies. Denethor canonically dislikes Faramir as he learnt from Gandalf and was a 'wizard's pupil' and took his advice over Denethors.

Literally kiddy stuff.

As a side note, they did a really good job casting Faramir. He actually looked like he could really be Sean Bean's brother.

If I am getting my canon right, the Dunedin or the Numenorians are an ancient race of man/elf cross breed. Decedents of the explorer Eärendil
who had something to do with the Silmaril, I think he gave one of the jewels to the Gods and is the only human to reach the Undying Lands. He married an elf and began the line of Elrond and such (he is Elrond's father). He is responsible for the binding of Morgoth, he destroy Anglacon the Black.

As a reward he was given an island near the Undying land, the closest Humans have ever dwelt to the gods, they were given long life, not so long as the dwaves, but much longer than normal humans.

Essentially they are übermensch. All was lost when they were deceived by Sauron, turned against the gods and had their island destroyed and their line devastated.

Boromir is a lad gallant as fuck, he fell in the end but knew and so redeemed himself like a true son of Gondor. You wanna speak about Faramir like he had anything to do with the luck of his blood? Fuck outta here.

A noble hero whose obsession with the protection of his homeland made for an easy target by the Ring.

Denethor had the blood, if not more, he was no way near as valiant as Faramir.

Let me put it like this. There were 3 people in these books to resist the ring.

>Galadriel
>Sam
>Faramir

Faramir, is speciel, he has no idea what Frodo is doing, no idea what he is carrying, he simply came across a Hobbit in a place he shouldn't be, from there he is able to deduce they carry the ring, and he actually resits the temptation to bring Frodo back to Gondor (the movies he slightly falters) but book canon he gives Frodo leave to cruise around his lands for a few years unattested from his men.

Everyone else either failed the test (Boromir) or didn't even bother testing themselves out of fear (Gandalf, Aragorn).

Galadriel can't resist

“And now at last it comes. You will give me the Ring freely! In place of the Dark Lord you will set up a Queen. And I shall not be dark, but beautiful and terrible as the Morning and the Night! Fair as the Sea and the Sun and the Snow upon the Mountain! Dreadful as the Storm and the Lightning! Stronger than the foundations of the earth. All shall love me and despair!”

She lifted up her hand and from the ring that she wore there issued a great light that illuminated her alone and left all else dark. She stood before Frodo seeming now tall beyond measurement, and beautiful beyond enduring, terrible and worshipful. Then she let her hand fall, and the light faded, and suddenly she laughed again, and lo! she was shrunken: a slender elf-woman, clad in simple white, whose gentle voice was soft and sad.

“I pass the test”, she said. “I will diminish, and go into the West and remain Galadriel.”

>risking the fate of Middle Earth in hopes pulling yourself off if you pass your ""test""

Aragon and Gandalf are infinitely more noble for doubting themselves.

Literally what? Re-read what I said.

dies in all his movies

Sam is real bro tier tho lets be real.

>and lol

Tolkien confirmed for fag.

If Denethor had this blood that makes you nobl and shit how come he couldn't stop himself lookong into his magic rock and getting mind raped by Sauron?

You speak the truth.

>still missing the point
He is called Sauron the deceiver for a reason. He you actually care, he like everyone else believed they could beat him.

Sam's the actual protagonist, and as his reward he gets the finest Hobbit bitch and like 20 kids (not to mention the best garden on the motherfucking planet)

he doesn't actually get mind-raped by Sauron, only deceived into only being shown the (more or less accurate) full forces of Mordor. This causes him to be lost to despair, since he knows Gondor has literally no chance of defeating Sauron through battle. For him to even use the Palantir without being "mind-raped" is actually pretty impressive considering even Saruman was corrupted by it. He also only really starts to lose his remaining strength once he knows Boromirs dead.

Not all Númenóreans are descendants of Eärendil, only the royal family. The rest are descendants of the Edain, which were the humans who fought with the Elves against Morgoth.

Also both Eärendil and his wife were half Elves. They got told along with their children to choose to be either Men or Elves. Elrond chose to be an Elf, his brother Elros chose to be a man, and he became the first king of Númenór.

Frodo fucks Galadriel all the way to the undying lands then lives forever with immortal perma-tight elf babes.

>He you actually care, he like everyone else believed

Did you have a stroke?

>nobl

bro tier genetics

Then he goes to the undying lands when he's had enough and lives forever with Massa Frodo

>You will never spar and tussle with Boromir in the dirt as friends

Fuck this gay earth

Boromir is a good character as he shows that even the most bold and patriotic men can fall for temptations. It's a human thing to have weaknesses.

tfw

This. He's well aware of his superiority compared to Boromir, and detests the idea of bringing politics into the discussion, when there are much more important questions at hand. He probably also knows that there might be no-one in the assembly that could actually bear the ring, apart from maybe Frodo. If he couldn't take the ring, then he sure as fuck knew Boromir couldn't handle it. Which by the way was true, Boromir became enthralled by it the moment he briefly touched it when in the mountains.

I bet Boromir felt like a right tit when he remembered cutting his finger and fangirling over the Shards of Narsil infront of his once and future king.

that's not how genetics work

Kek.

That's explicitly how it works.
>genetic disorders don't skip generations

In the books Aragorn is very much a reason for Denethor's disappointment in Boromir and Faramir and Boromir being raised to be totally desperate to save Gondor.

When Boromir and Faramir were very young Aragorn visited Gondor as Thongil and worked for Ecthelion, their grandad. Ecthelion but particularly Denethor (who appreciated the support since Ecthelion, like Denethor after him, declines in old age and goes slightly mad) worship and adore Aragorn. Once Aragorn goes Boromir strives ti fill his boots in Denethor's eyes and Faramir strives to live up to Boromir which is parto f their tragedy. Aragorn never acknowledges this or repents besides respecting Boromir on his deathbed.

you'd still carry the gene, it's just recessive.

So you want to argue semantics.

Kill yourself. Are you actually sperging out over the technical meaning of

"blood running true"

This place will never cease to amaze me.

>The blood does not flow through Boromir, literally canon.

that's what you said retard.

literally didnt do anything

What's he supposed to do?

"Sorry you weren't as cool as I am

Why should Aragorn repent for that? It's not his fault Denethor was an ass to his own kids.

That's true, but if I recall he does carry quite a bit of baggage regarding his.childhood, and the hardiness of travels, including having to be hidden from his true legacy. In fact, that's one of the things I missed in the movie, his journey of accepting who we was born to be and saying "fuck you" to Sauron. Also the ghost army was retarded

They simply needed to put in the scene with Aragorn on the boat in the first book travelling past those giant statues where he says he is going to become king and takes up his mantle.

a flawed human bean but a real hero

>Ecthelion but particularly Denethor (who appreciated the support since Ecthelion, like Denethor after him, declines in old age and goes slightly mad) worship and adore Aragorn.

I love LOTR threads because you have people so confidently state this that are not only wrong, but actually the opposite of the truth.

Denethor resented Thorongil, especially for how much his father liked him, and was stated to be the only man in Gondor to be happy he suddenly left. Moreover he had discovered who he really was, and was afraid Gandalf planned on putting him on the throne and thus supplanting him.

well I think he should at least have declared he was Thorongil, we don't know if Denethor would've accepted him even if he had known. Also Aragorn abandons Gondor in its darkest times and constantly doubts it, is someone who doubts their people (which is a stretch since he is of the northern line) worthy to be King or of Boromir's appreciation?

These threads have made me go out and 'buy' the books, what's a good reading order? I was thinking

Silmarillion > Unfinished Tales > Hobbit > LotR

Are you retarded?

Order is like this.

The Hobbit OR LOTR First - The Hobbit was written first so keep in mind

Children of Hurin

The Silmarillion

Stop there if you want. Anything else can be read in any order and doesn't matter, Silmarillion can't even be considered canon 100%.

>Are you retarded?
Why are bookfags so mad all the time.

Because you are starting with The Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales first? What he fuck is your retarded logic behind that reasoning?

Because I literally just got them and people in the threads were saying they were stories set before everything else. Sorry I don't have Tolkien scrolls set up in my basement to consult whenever I feel like reading a fucking book.

>when reading a novel you start at the end and read backwards because people on the internet told me to.

There is literally no excuse.

>Look at me I'm a superior faggit because I read a book before someone else

Way to be accomodating to this dude. People like you is why Tolkienfags get a rep for being autistic spergs.

So they're not stories set before the main LotR books then? You could have just said that instead of being the fantastical cunt you seem to be in your everyday life.

Personally, I like reading The Hobbit first (which is a children'should book), because it makes me want to read lotr, which makes me want read The Silmarillion, etc...

Non asshole answer on why not to start with the Silmarillion even though it is chronologically the first:

The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings are traditional novels. You follow a group of characters (Bilbo and the band of Dwarves, the Fellowship) through a narrative story.

The Silmarillion meanwhile is different. It is essentially a series of vignettes Some of these are more or less told narrative, however some are nearly totally descriptive with for example almost no dialogue. Understanding them and caring about them relies on a pre-existing knowledge of Tolkien's works that you should obtain first by reading the Hobbit+LOTR.

Sauron fooled even all the numenoreans. That's why Numenór fell. Numenoreans were still men.

I mean, it's got literally nothing to do with Tolkien. Are you seriously attempting to justify starting something mid-way because people online told you too, you're a literal retard if so.

>missing the point
Don't bother reading, anything.

>Also both Eärendil and his wife were half Elves.

His wife is also 1/4 Maiar.

>Are you seriously attempting to justify starting something mid-way because people online told you too, you're a literal retard if so.

I don't know how you can continue to fail to read that guy's posts and still tell people to lrn2read. Someone said in a thread that the Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales are set in a time before Lord of the Rings has happened, he knows nothing about the books therefore assumes this is the correct chronological order and asks for advice. You come thundering in to let people know you're superior because you read them and still provide no help whatsoever. Enjoy being a twatbag because it's all you're good at, clearly.

>he knows nothing about the books therefore assumes this is the correct chronological order and asks for advice.
Kek, nowhere did he say this, this is YOUR assumption.

>Someone said in a thread that the Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales are set in a time before Lord of the Rings has happened

It's as if this question is extremely basic, and the chronological order of Tolkien can be googled, gee whizz.

>You come thundering in to let people know you're superior because you read them and still provide no help whatsoever
Hehehehe, I called him a retard, as he is, as you are, and then gave him the correct order to read it in.

Good day, pleb.

Luthien is 1/2 Maia. That means Dior was 1/4, and Elwing 1/8.

>Kek, nowhere did he say this

>Because I literally just got them and people in the threads were saying they were stories set before everything else.

Kek, do you have any reading comprehension?

> therefore assumes this is the correct chronological order and asks for advice.
That's YOUR assumption. I mean, he said the exact opposite, you can stop arguing on his behalf you know, there is a reason why he stopped.

This is why Sup Forums cn't have nice things. Even the comfy LotR threads have been corrupted by the autistic touch.

>he said the exact opposite

>stories set before everything else
So you're illiterate. I will stop responding now.

Sup Forums can't have fucking nice things because retards here come in asking questions which can be googled in two seconds and get all mad when they get BTFO by someone who actually knows something and wants to discuss the topic.

You are talking with someone who posted majority of this thread, fyi.

>We can't have nice things because people try to engage with established fans and ask their opinions

Ok faggot, you're the only person in this thread acting like you need to BTFO anyone in a meme thread about Boromir.

Kek, you are still going. That's a literal assumption, on your part. Wew.

Why are you even responding then? If it's not a big deal, just close the thread.