Christoper Plummer slams Terrence Malick

He calls him "boring" and says he'll never work with him again. Thoughts?

youtube.com/watch?v=xw08GQw0hBI

Find me a worthwhile artist who never generated any controversy

That Adrian Brody story is unreal. I mean think about it from his perspective. The genius director of Badlands and Days of Heaven is coming out of a 20 year retirement and wants him to be the star. I'm sure as far as he was concerned this way his big break and maybe he'd even win an Oscar for best actor. Kek.

>flash forward a year
>he has two lines and 5 minutes of screen time
Ouch.

The Jews fear the Syrian

god malick is such a hack

delet this

Climb that tree, if you're so great

Plummer was a hammy bitch to begin with but jeez, he's gotta' be a hundred now. No time for that Malick shit.

Bach

Batfleck had one where he did forty long takes before he realized the camera was focused on a cat rubbing up against a car tire.

he just sounds salty, anyways no one cares about the actors perspective on art.

This.

Actors are just tools for the director to fulfill their vision.

Actors are plebs, aside from DDL you just can't find an actor with a flawless career. They all make crappy flicks and shitty roles for money every now and then. Even the greatest ones, like DeNiro or Brando wind up not giving a fuck after a while and just get into shitty roles for cash. They have no artistic integrity, they're not artists, they're tools for the true artist: the director. Of course, there are times in which the director is incompetent, but the tool isn't and gives a performance that seems too great for such a shitty flick. Christian Bale in The Fighter was a great example of this. But ultimately, actors get into acting because they like performing, or for the perspective of fame and fortune, not because of any true attachmente to the finished product, deep understanding of cinema or a will to make a masterful work of art.

He doesn't get it

haha terrence malick
moar like terry the malingering git!!!!

> "but the problem with Terry is he needs a writer, desperately."
that's right though.

He has a writer though. Himself. The problem is in post production he loses interest in the narrative and starts cutting the movie together in random order.

>be Terry Malick
>hire expensive actors
>shoot hours and hours of them
>don't use any of the footage in the final cut
How is this unprofessional asshole allowed to make movies again?

>tells old man Plummer he needs to scale a giant tree
>Plummer gives in and starts climbing
>Malick decides to film something else instead

People think he's deep

SONG TO SONG TRAILER WHEN?

>hire expensive actors, musicians, go to actual exotic locations
>shoot for years
>not release film
based Malick

>based Malick
go buy some criterions plebshit

He's an oil man

Name one good film (apart from TNW), which Plummer starred in.

Beginners

I had to recheck my post.

I clearly wrote "good film".

wow ur so funny user pls put penis in my vagina

The Sound of Music. Star Trek 6.

Fucking women is for poofs.

>musical and virgincore

Try again.

Inside man

Syriana

A cameo isnt "starring".

Malick came to my school a few months ago. He was a really uncharismatic speaker. Not worth the price of admission (free).

>Based Fassbender sitting there listening to them cry
>Goes on to stare(and probably get cut) in Terrys new film

Was there a q&a?

Clooney saying he was glad to be cut from this kino? what did he mean by that

What the fuck is there video of this?

Malick is literally the only interesting director alive

He's saying the movie is a piece of shit and he's glad he's only in it briefly at the end.

No it isn't. His appeal is his unconventional narrative style.

You mean the guy who was less popular than his kids because he played an outdated style and was considered a virtuoso and teacher great but not a composer great till about 100 years later? Or the Bach that was hated for his dickhead personality to the point kids at his music school assaulted him for it? No no, you must mean the Bach that got fired from his playing position and then got arrested/detained when he threw a fit over it.

God Bach fags really don't know anything about him.

>GRASS and wheat not story and PLOT ok

If most movies are prose Malick is poetry. It's about what the images elicit, not about having a coherent plot.

>Casting for the film became a hot topic. When Sean Penn met Malick, he told him, "Give me a dollar and tell me where to show up".[5] Scripts were also sent to Robert De Niro, Robert Duvall and Tom Cruise. In 1995, once word went out that Malick was making another movie after many years, numerous actors approached him, flooding the casting directors until they had to announce they wouldn't be accepting more requests. Some A-list actors including Brad Pitt, Al Pacino, Gary Oldman, and George Clooney offered to work for a fraction and some even offered to work for free. Bruce Willis even went as far as offering to pay for first-class tickets for the casting crew, to get a few lines for the movie. At Medavoy's home in 1995, Malick staged a reading with Martin Sheen delivering the screen directions, and Kevin Costner, Will Patton, Peter Berg, Lukas Haas, and Dermot Mulroney playing the main roles.[4] In June of that year, a five-day workshop was scheduled at Medavoy's with Pitt dropping by, and culminating with Malick putting on the soundtrack of Where Eagles Dare and playing Japanese taiko drums. Malick met with an interested Johnny Depp about the project at the Book Soup Bistro on the Sunset Strip.[4]

>Edward Norton flew out to Austin and met Malick, who had been impressed by the actor's screen test for Primal Fear. Matthew McConaughey reportedly took a day off filming A Time to Kill to see Malick. Others followed, including William Baldwin, Edward Burns, Josh Hartnett, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Stephen Dorff, and Leonardo DiCaprio; the latter flew up from the Mexico set of Romeo + Juliet to meet Malick at the American Airlines lounge in the Austin airport.[6] Before the casting was finalized, Nicolas Cage had lunch with Malick in Hollywood in February 1996. Malick went off to scout locations and tried calling Cage that summer only to find out that his phone number had been disconnected.
What the fuck? Why was there so much hype for this?

>see Malick in the wild
>don't photograph him
Pleb

12 Monkeys, The Insider

I agree with you, apart from saying Malick's film don't have a coherent plot. They do, they just aren't told in a conventional sense. if i were to describe it i'd say a Malick film is what music would be if it were a visual medium.

>Editor Leslie Jones was on location for five months and rarely saw Malick, who left her to her own devices.[15] After principal photography wrapped, she came back with a five-hour first cut and spent seven months editing, with Thornton contributing three hours of narrative voice-over material.[5][15] It was at this point that editor Billy Weber came on board, and they spent 13 months in post-production and the last four months mixing the film, using four Avid machines with a fifth added at one point.[15] Malick edited the footage one reel at a time with the sound off while listening to a Green Day CD.[16]

the silent partner

Great choice.

On the criterion blu there's an interview with the 3 editors and they reveal that Malick never watched dailies and only ever sat through the rough cut of the movie. After that he refused to sit through more than a reel at a time (he never even saw the final cut) and always listened to it with no sound.

What the fuck was his problem?

gay christian bullshit

Yes. Nothing really life changing or memorable. Someone asked about using go pros for filming.

No photography allowed in the theater. I didn't want to get kicked out.

What the fuck? I'm an editor and would never work under those conditions. Just watch the footage you shot and give feedback you fucking faggot.

because you don't know kino

when will i get to download voyage of time

The Man who Would be King and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

>tfw haven't seen a single Malick flick but love malickposting
Is he our guy?