Why didn't they just steal a rock from Mount Doom, take it to a safe place...

Why didn't they just steal a rock from Mount Doom, take it to a safe place, melt it into a lava pool and then throw the ring in that?

in order to steal a rock from mount doom they'd have to be at mount doom and if you're already at mount doom why not just throw the fucking ring into mount doom

Steal my fucking idea from last night why don't you faggot

they'd have to go to mount doom to get it you retard

Because if the ring is somewhere else, it would be easier to get to Mt Doom unnoticed

Why didn't they just kill themselves so they can escape their problems?

Why would Sauron dump his power into the ring where it could be separated from him instead of just maintaining the power on his person?

It amplified it and gave him control over the other rings

Why didn't they just give the ring back to Smeagol and wait for the creeping shadow and death of Mordor to smother them all in their sleep?

amplified what? specifically? what could he specifically do other than control the bearers of the other rings? not that enslavery isn't pretty great by itself

*ahem* If the purpose of the One Ring is to control the bearers of the other rings then how is Sauron controlling the Nazgul?

It made his power level over 9000

Why didnt they just take the eagleairline? Sure seems to me like the gods couldve come earlier to help instead of rescuing two mentally drained midgets who were just about to give up on makong it out alive.

> Hobbits had the technical know-how to make an artificial lava pool.
A lot easier to chuck the ring in a volcano.

Why didn't they just launch the Ring into the sun

even if it doesnt melt Sauron couldnt get it there

They're his loyal minions even without the ring. With the ring back they can be EXTRA loyal, know what I mean?

Where do they have the technology to melt stone?

eagles mate

only mount doom was hot enough to melt the ring

i think the movie was taking about temperature of the mount doom

hobbits don't have the tech to get up to 1,200 degrees C ( 2,200 F).

Why didn't they just take the ring back to the Undying Lands so the real gods could just zap it into dust?

what about dwarves
or elves

Amplified his dick
You ever worn a cock ring sonny

It's like Hunter x Hunter
Sauron put a limitation on his powers, "I can only use my powers when wearing my ring" thus increasing his powers (when wearing the ring only) exponentially.

What if when Frodo got to Mount Doom and he threw the ring in he threw it too far and it got stuck on a rock sticking out of the wall just above the lava? Seems like Golem holding the ring while falling in was the only way to avoid any "what ifs" in this scenario.

Because filmfags have no respect for lore.

The Elves were only capable of crafting the three elf rings, one of each ended up in the hands of Galadriel, Elrond and Gandalf for a time. The Dwarves were waning in influence and power even by the time the rings were constructed.

The most powerful artefacts on Arda, the Silmarils, were crafted by the High Elves with the knowledge of the Valar to support them.

Sauron on the other hand is a Maiar, and is substantually more powerful than any given member of any race on Arda. The only being in middle-earth on a similar power scale is Gandalf and the other members of the Istari - however these were forbidden by the Valar from using their powers to bend the will of other beings to their will. Saruman disobeyed this and it is noticable how his powers seem to fade over the process of the three films, until at the end he was merely a low-level bandit.

In otherwords, Sauron used the fire of Mt Doom to craft the one ring because he knows that there is no where else on middle-earth where it can be destroyed.

>Posting a load of loreshit in a clear meme thread
What is wrong with you?

Not even trying.

I think it might be autism

Sauron is a bitch craftsman. Forget the Silmarils, a Palantir was beyond his skill.

> it's autism to enjoy talking about something.
How about you go fuck yourself.

It bothers me greatly that people constantly bitch about the eagles when across the ocean there are people who could curbstomp Sauron like a little bitch.

Then you don't run the risk of the ring getting lost or captured.
Just stay in Rivendell, since the armies of Mordor couldn't march there, or better yet, Lothlorien

Seriously, redpill me on this:
Why wasn't the wizards' mission to find a bearer to bring the ring back to the Valar so they could just kill it?

Why the fuck would the preferable tactic be to sneak it into the heart of enemy territory and scale an entire volcano swarming with orcs so you could drop it in?

They should have just sailed straight from the Shire to the Undying Lands and that'd be the end of it.

As Sauron's power grows it is heavily implied that the influence of elves is fading. "Darkness crept back into the forests
of the world. Rumor grew of a Shadow in
the East ... whispers of a nameless
fear. And the Ring of Power perceived
... its time had now come. It abandoned
Gollum. "

Enjoying something and spamming your pompous shit all over every Lord of the Rings thread are different things.

It's possible that even the Valar would be unable to destroy it considering their power dealt primarily with creation and preserving Arda. Plus you know Gandalf kind of had that whole "epic quest" thing going on.

The worst thing that could happen would be for a Valar to put on the ring.

> lore behind the series is pompous shit.
Is this what it feels like to be a bookfag? It is most entertaining.

>`And they who dwell beyond the Sea would not receive it: for good or ill it belongs to Middle-earth; it is for us who still dwell here to deal with it.'

That makes no sense.
It's an artifact created by one of them. An alien to Middle-earth, who came from their homeland to impose his unnatural power on mortals.
The very fact that they sent the wizards to interfere shows they don't just think it's our problem to deal with. I get they didn't want the wizards going full power because the last time Maiar directly fought there it caused massive indiscriminate destruction, but Sauron gave them a perfect out with shoving his whole soul in a little movable object that they could send agents to collect for them to destroy.

>The very fact that they sent the wizards to interfere shows they don't just think it's our problem to deal with.
No, it means they think they need some guidance. The heavy lifting has to be done by them.

And it is only through the actions of Men and Elves that the Ring was ever created, and wasn't destroyed already.

For five hundred years it lay dormant in the clutches of the creature Gollum, fading from memory.

No one knew where it fucking was m8.

why didn't Sauron put a spell on the ring to tell him where it was at all time

it would have solved a lot of problems

Because then other people would be able to do the same. Magic in LotR follows a song-like context. If you cast a spell, everyone will hear you. Casting a location spell on the ring would allow a skilled magician to seek it out.