This is the only original thing in the movie and everyone automatically loved it...

This is the only original thing in the movie and everyone automatically loved it. Imagine how much people would fucking love this movie if it weren't a remake?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cy8H9Pu72og
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nines (FN-2199) (or TR-8R for all you baka Gaijen) is based as fuck, too bad he gets killed right away.
They should do a cop out where he survives and comes back to get revenge on Finn.

Wasn't even original really.

Also there was plenty of original things in TFA. People don't love the movie because of it's originality, they love it because of it's interesting characters and how the film was made. Majority of people are find with how it was done. It's just a small minority that are bitching.

Would've been better if it was Phasma instead of random asshole #FN-1029.

how is a glorified cattle-prod able to withstand lighsaber blows anyway?

>they love it because of it's interesting characters and how the film was made
>Failing to understand that most people liked it because of the Star Wars label.

>interesting characters
You mean female character who can effortlessly succeed at anything, black character who does what the plot requires of him, and - oh wait, the other characters were from the OT.

>They should do a cop out where he survives and comes back to get revenge on Finn.
Why? They're already doing that with the chrome lady.

Don't forget that Leila was literally nothing like she was in the ot

Cuz Nines is one of Phasma's right hand men, and he and her could join forces to take on Finn.

I'm so glad normies didn't hijack and run N4-PR into the ground like they did with this

whered that prod pop out of anyways? doesn't seem like it'd fold small enough to fit anywhere.

I think TR-8R might have been the most shameless toy marketing scheme in history.

Leia was on the verge of death anyway. She was just there for the publicity.

Rey and Finn's characters were well done. We learn about Rey, her every day life, how she is feeling. At the same time her backstory is mysterious.

Finn is the first star wars regular soldier character, not to mention a stormtrooper who defects. That makes him interesting. We also understand how he feels, we get inside his head.

Kylo Ren is a unique villain. While he is a throwback to Vader, he is a completely different character.

All of the characters have motivations and their characters progress.

You just can't get over a female and black protagonist.

If you look at the acting, cinematography, effects, sets, and music... it more than make sup for the similarities to the OT.

Star Wars might be the only franchise in existence where lack of trigger discipline doesn't trigger my /k/ related autism. It's so jarring to see.

I get really triggered by the lightsaber fights in the prequels because of my HEMA autism

>they love it because of it's interesting characters
Kill yourself you fucking faggot

Go smoke your yuzan bong and kill yourself, faggot

Now THAT"S a Stormtrooper

Woooo

You're either a child or a fucking retard. Finn and Rey were both terrible characters that don't fit in to star wars at all.

>original

Go play Knights of the Old Canon, then kill yourself, faggot

They were better characters than anyone in Rogue one or the prequels

Using the force to extract thoughts is new. I don't recall Lucas doing anything new with the force in the entire prequel trilogy, he just kept the same handful of abilities that were in the original trilogy.

>You just can't get over a female and black protagonist.
This is a pathetic arguments seeing at the real star wars movies had a black and female characters people actually liked. TFA was just a completely shit movie with a terrible story and poorly written characters.

how old are you user, was this babies first star wars or something?

It was in the eu and the prequels

This. There's even set photos of Phasma in that scene yet I don't even remember her being in that scene in the movie.

You got a problem with KOTOR little faggot?

Yeah KOTOR is for underage vidya faggots

>underage
As if anyone underage gives a fuck about a game from 2004. JJ cared enough to steal from it.

>he and her could join forces to take on Finn.
except finn is fucking useless

>so, you have a twin sister
>your thoughts betray you

TRAITOR!

>Rey and Finn's characters were well done

Stop posting, you're a fucking retard.

Whappity stick wasn't really original, in the clone wars and in ep3 there were similar sticks

People loved it because it's ridiculous

>People loved it
for about 15 minutes because it became a meme and everyone is retarded these days.

>Rey and Finn's characters were well done.

Rey is a complete and utter Mary Sue. She knows everything piloting, lightsaber fighting, droid handling, languages, etc instantly and she is perfectly morally good so she always knows the right thing to do to save the day in the end. All the important items in the movie also revolve around her she gets the millenium falcon, anakin's lightsaber, etc and the map to luke skywalker. She has no flaws or moral dilemmas and lacks nothing so she has no character development.

Also all the other characters are weak in comparison to her. The villians are made into a complete non-threat and a joke as she beats Kylo Ren easily on her first try. The original trilogy characters are all made into losers who accomplished nothing after thirty years and they are pushed aside so that MaRey Sue can be the one to do everything.

They threw chrome lady in a trash compactor after figuring out that she wasn't as popular as Nines. Expect him to return Boba Fett-style, where he isn't so dead after all.

Have you ever thought that Kylo is perhaps the main character?

I wish, but the movie is MaRey Sue awakens so there is no way he is the main character. He gets wrecked by the overpowered fucking "scavenger" with no training on their first encounter ffs

It's got meme ability like the plane scene, strangely captivating, mildly hilarious

Apart from han solos last scene and maybe Kylo Ren's laugh out loud face reveal its probably the most memorable thing in the movie

>everyone automatically loved it

Are you kidding me? I automatically hated it. What a stupid idea for a stormtrooper to have this sort of a spin-baton spcifically designed to repell lightsaber. Noone is supposed to have lightsabers anyways anymore! Its totally stupid! Its a toy for kids! Only little kids automatically loved it.

Who do you think Luke's child really is?

Yeah, it's heart breaking how pathetic this movie was.

There is nothing original about KOTOR. You're still a nu-prequel loving faggot for liking KOTOR

Her backstory cannot make her any less of a Mary Sue. The problem is that she has no training and that she gets all these amazing abilities instantly anyways which is ridicuolus.

No way she is more powerful then Anakin, but even he needed to training to accomplish anything. I imagine that if Anakin had not been found he would and trained have just been some boy Tatooine his whole life. But because he got the best training the galaxy had to offer, in Coruscant, he became a jedi but Rey has none of that and is OP anyways.

>implying the vast majority didn't love the movie as it was
>implying most viewers gave a shit about that one stormtrooper

KOTOR was great, fun characters and an interesting story.

>Rey is a complete and utter Mary Sue
Granted.

I think Finn is a decent character though, I liked him. Admittedly it takes the novelisation to explain why he even knows how to use a light sabre (New Order special forces get anti-Jedi training).

if most people liked it because of the starwars label, why are the prequels so hated?

Oh don't bother answering, just kill yourself from being BTFO so hard.

what's rose byrne doing shitty cosplay for?

No, he wasn't. Becomes instant best friends with guy who killed former best friend, doesn't want to kill people but has no problem killing the guys he grew up with, fucking useless so rey could appear more competent. out of place humour, gotta cute boyfriend, i'm in charge phasma *bops head.

it was literally just rebels vs alliance with the ebon hawk just being the milennium falcon and the crew being stereotypical starwars tropes. kys fag.

>ITT people being edgy hating on a movie made for kids.

Rey, Finn, Kylo. All work for the movie. They aren't fucking amazing characters, but they work.

>Calls Rey a Marysue like its a negative thing.

Rey being perfect at everything and using the force like she did with no training was fucking retarded. It didn't fit in with the rest of the star wars movies at all.

Being this ignorant. Poe was captured and being mind raped by a fucking wizard. Random stormtrooper saves him and starts killing for him.

Guy flies you out of space craft full of nazis that make you kill innocent villagers.Gives you an actual name not a label.

Somehow act like you wouldn't instantly become best friends if you were either of those characters.

No it's not retarded. She beat a weakened Kylo who was shot by the bowcaster. She also was likely trained from a young age and is Luke's daughter or a Anakin like Vergence of the force. Stop bitching until you find out the backstory. This isn't retarded prequel level training.

Being this stupid.
He was raised by them since he was an infant. The movie goes out of it's way to say he's never showed any signs of disloyalty before. Switches sides after seeing one guy get shot. He was a very poorly written character.

Literally what was the point of her character (other than selling toys)?

> It didn't fit in with the rest of the star wars movies at all.

Builds a fully functioning hummanoid-cyborg
Builds twin engine pod racer from the ground up
Is able to pilot said racer. (no other human can)
Is able to read master jedi Mace Windus mind
Balls haven't even dropped yet.

>. She beat a weakened Kylo who was shot by the bowcaster.
He didn't seem to have any issue throwing her 30 feet in the air so he could have that stupid fight with finn. She only won because of pop feminism.
>She also was likely trained from a young age and is Luke's daughter or a Anakin like Vergence of the force.
It still makes no sense, no 12 year old is that advanced with the force. Even if she was a force baby she's still way too over powered for where she is at this point. It doesn't fit with the other movies at all.

>Rey and fin are well done.
Nah
>We learn about her life and feels.
Great, so the bare basics for what any movie should do with it's main characters.
>Mysterious backstory.
Really? She's a force sensitive kid who was hidden on a desert planet in a time of strife where evil force users have destroyed the legacy of good force users and are expanding their power with superweapons, in a movie which is a ripoff of other Star Wars movies.
>Finn is the first regular soldier character.
Well except for all of the other regular soldiers in other 100% cannon Star Wars material, Finn doesn't even behave remotely like a soldier.
>Kylo Ren is unique.
No, he's someone's edgy Sith OC who want's to be Vader but can't because he lacks conviction and copied his outfit from better Sith lords.
>All of the characters have motivations and their characters progress.
Yet another thing which any movie with main characters should do, this isn't a laudable thing, it should be the standard.
>You just can't get over diverse leads.
I wouldn't care if they weren't shit.
>If you look at their acting.
So yelling a lot instead of emoting, letting their mouths droop open, staring goggle eyed, being awkward, etc.
>Cinematography, effects, sets.
Wow, it's the seventh Star Wars movie, as if there was even a modicum of a chance that those were going to be bad.
>The music.
Nothing that wasn't a modified version of music that already existed even stood out to me, I don't remember a single original track if there even was one, I haven't once felt the need to look them up for a second listen as I sometimes do with original Star Wars music.
>It more than makes up for similarities to the OT.
It doesn't make up for copying off of the OT, it tries to do what the OT does but in everything except perhaps pacing it does them worse than the OT did. I could go on but I've pretty much hit the character limit.

Implying you can't break conditioning once you find out you are surrounded by fucking evil murderers.

Never seen battle before.
Raids village with woman, children, and old people being slaughtered.
Doesn't want to fight for them anymore.

OMG POORLY WRITTEN REEEE

Did you forget the part where he is literally the spawn of the force and is the equivalent of Jesus?

>it's ok when george lucas does it
>the shitty writing is ok if there's some bullshit explanation

and how do you know rey isn't the new force equivalent of jesus?

OR MAYBE KYLO FUCKING SUCKS. Did you ever consider that? No you didn't. Sitting there crying about wahhh feminism. Kylo is written to be a wanna be dork. Rey was written to be way more powerful and important than a random scavenger. Star Wars paints with broad strokes. Its so fucking obvious shes a Skywalker.

so after 20 years of conditioning no one picked up that he wasn't really on board with the first order? they send first time space janitors with kylo to assist with their most important mission. This movie just gets stupider and stupider the more you think about it.

>no 12 year old is that advanced in the force
did you read that in your non canon novel? Who the fuck taught look to use the force and shoot the torpedoes at the deathstar with no targeting computer? When did Yoda train him to fight with a lightsaber? Oh yeah never, because the force flows through a Jedi like Yoda taught in the OT. Wars not make one great. It's all about the force. This is what the prequels and all your video game nonsense gets wrong.

>he didnt seem to have any issue throwing her 30 feet in the air
That's him using the force, has nothing to do with him being physically wounded for a melee duel. The film showed how powerful the bowcaster was, it was well written that he was badly wounded.

Saying you wouldn't send first time recruits into an easy village raid with little resistance.Why the fuck would they need skilled troopers to take on a primitive village of woman and children??? How would he know what the First Order was willing to do if he's never seen battle before?

Luke had to actually learn things, you know, from people who already understood the force? Rey just somehow knows how to use the force, and is betterer and strongerer than a much better trained opponent. Remember how space jeebus Luke still had a hard time fighting Vader in Jedi even though Vader was old and emotionally compromised, how Luke only defeated Vader after becoming enraged and embracing the Dark Side? This is after three movies and training with two of the most venerable Jedi masters to have ever existed.

The first time maRey sue turns on a lightsaber she's already outmatching the guy who we're led to believe fucked the entire new jedi order, was a pupil directly under Luke, has the skywalker force affinity from Leia, and has presumably had some experience fighting and killing other force users.

He wiped out lukes academy, we see him freezing lasers and people ripping thoughts out of peoples minds but he gets defeated by random scavenger girl with no training. I realise he's no darth vader but he's still a skywalker who's received training from both luke and snoke. her beating him was fucking retarded. If rey had been a guy she would have lost or been saved by chewie in the falcon or something. search your feeling, you know it to be true.

>Great, so the bare basics for what any movie should do with it's main characters.
Good, you admit that the characters are properly developed

>Really? She's a force sensitive kid who was hidden on a desert planet in a time of strife where evil force users have destroyed the legacy of good force users and are expanding their power with superweapons, in a movie which is a ripoff of other Star Wars movies.
That's because it's supposed to be similar to Luke and Anakin's story. Good job. Sorry you didn't get everything answered to you in exposition. Everything that was important for the plot of the movie was good enough. You just don't like good story telling and like to have prequel like exposition on everything.

>Well except for all of the other regular soldiers in other 100% cannon Star Wars material
Oh really? We have had a storm trooper's character expanded on before? You're full of BS.

>No, he's someone's edgy Sith OC who want's to be Vader but can't because he lacks conviction and copied his outfit from better Sith lords.
That's his character, which is opposite of anything else seen before in a star wars movie. He was probably the best character in the movie. You literally described how different he is. Good job, faggot.

>Yet another thing which any movie with main characters should do, this isn't a laudable thing, it should be the standard.
Again you prove to yourself that the story has well written characters with proper motivation

>I wouldn't care if they weren't shit.
You still haven't proved that they are shit. You actually proved that they are well written characters. You just don't like them and don't understand writing.

>So yelling a lot instead of emoting, letting their mouths droop open, staring goggle eyed, being awkward, etc.
Go watch the movie, the characters give a wide range of acting. Unlike other star wars movies, we actually get to experience their emotions. This movie does emotion well.

>Who the fuck taught look to use the force and shoot the torpedoes at the deathstar with no targeting computer?
using the force to make a lucky shot is no where near beating down a trained force user.

>interesting characters

>send first time recruits into an easy village raid
Why was finn being blooded for the first time in his 20's? Why did none of the others have any problem? Why wasn't it picked up that finn was psychologically unfit for battle?

>Wow, it's the seventh Star Wars movie, as if there was even a modicum of a chance that those were going to be bad.
Again you show your lack of insight on anything film making. Cinematography has nothing to do with when the movie was made or the technology. It's the camera techniques, lighting, ect... All of which was very good and well done.

>Nothing that wasn't a modified version of music that already existed even stood out to me, I don't remember a single original track if there even was one, I haven't once felt the need to look them up for a second listen as I sometimes do with original Star Wars music.
You should go listen to it again, there were several very original pieces of the score. Sorry you have shit taste in music. It's another great Williams score.

>It doesn't make up for copying off of the OT, it tries to do what the OT does but in everything except perhaps pacing it does them worse than the OT did
Most people were happy with this. Again, sorry your fan fiction EU and prequel like crap didn't happen Go KYS faggot

>He wiped out lukes academy
Implying he did this alone and didn't catch anyone off guard, or that most of them were kids
>Uses the force to do cool things
WELL HE MUST BE A LIGHTSABER DUELING MASTER HUrr
>If rey had been a guy she would have lost or been saved by chewie
If rey was a guy no one would be even calling him a mary sue. Saying that she didnt get saved by Chewie when he shows up when the planet is falling apart and shes accepting her death.

DID YOU EVEN WATCH THE MOVIE?

Using the force isn't about RPG power levels, faggot. Stop clinging onto expanded universe.

>It's another great Williams score.
It wasn't good user. I say this as as a fan for over 20 years.

It does require training and practice though. Reys development doesn't fit with the other movies at all. Besides her force bullshit why is she fluent in wookie and droid? Nothing about Rey makes any sense.

Rey/Scavenger theme/jingle
Kylo Theme
March of the Resistance
Jedi Steps finale
Falcon basically has its own theme in the movie.

Bruh you okay?

Jew jew's "womyn are as good as men" narrative.

It fits with the original trilogy

>Implying he did this alone and didn't catch anyone off guard, or that most of them were kids
now you're just making shit up.
>Uses the force to do cool things
They show that he's competent using the force. Regardless of lightsaber training he's an experienced force user, some scavenger shouldn't be an issue for him.

I agree with Kylo Ren, and to some extent Rey (even though she doesn't have to overcome anything), but Finn was comedic relief with just the smallest of background and development required.

How so? Luke despite having an extremely strong affinity to the force still needs training and practice and still get wrecked multiple times. He can't understand cheiwe and needs a translator in the xwing or c3p0 to understand r2. None of it fits.

>They show that he's competent using the force. Regardless of lightsaber training he's an experienced force user, some scavenger shouldn't be an issue for him.

Competant force user, has orders from big daddy Snoke to bring in force competant scavenger. Bleeding out.

OMG HE HE SHOULDN'T HAVE LOST TO MAREYSUE

>Saying that she didnt get saved by Chewie when he shows up when the planet is falling apart and shes accepting her death.
I mean chewie would have saved rey from ren.

>I mean chewie would have saved rey from ren.

Yes this movie was totally about chewie. I agree lets take away the moment from the new character and let chewie be the hero.

Because Nines was more memorable in 30 seconds than Phasma was in all her scenes with the benefit of hundreds of millions of dollars of advertising.

We see that he can easily knock rey out with the force earlier in the movie. Why didn't he just do that? Or smack he against another tree? Her out force pulling him, physically over powering him and being a better duelist came out of no where.

Not that guy
>Good, you admit that the characters are properly developed
No, we're shown she's an orphan living in the desert as a scavenger who wants to stop living in the desert like a scavenger, until she changes her mind halfway trough the movie because reasons.

>That's because it's supposed to be similar to Luke and Anakin's story
more like a carbon copy of luke's story, just like most of the movie
>just don't like good story telling
bait harder please

>Oh really? We have had a storm trooper's character expanded on before? You're full of BS.
youtube.com/watch?v=Cy8H9Pu72og
Neck yourself

>He was probably the best character in the movie
Only correct thing in your entire post, and he's just the film version of starkiller

>the characters give a wide range of acting
Ren, Han and Poe are good, everyone else is fucking trash, especially rey "oi mate I boipussied da compressah" and finn "I'm in charge of this death star 3.0"

End your sorry existence, fagtron

Rey can't understand chewie. This is incorrect. She can only understand BB8.

>linking the clone wars cartoon
Okay, now I understand. No point in arguing with a manchild who is perma attached to the EU and prequels

All your points are shit, and tasteless. You don't understand star wars.

Take your lightsaber twirling, darth maul dick sucking, Knights of the Old canon worshiping, faggot neck and tie it to a rope.

Because he just creamed his pants when his family heirloom saber just flew to a random girl hes never met before. He is the son of Leia and Han, and the grandson of Vader. He has pride and ego. Narcissistic to the bone. HE GOT EMBARRASSED.

Han saved Luke did you have a problem with that?
It would have been awesome if kylo was about to defeat her and the falcon swoops in at the last second and btfo kylo. Kylo has to retreat because he can't fight a fucking space ship and rey gets to live after talking her first steps in to a larger world but instead we just got girl power bullshit, who cares if it doesn't make any sense.

>his family heirloom saber just flew to a random girl
Just another example of how stupid this movie was.

You're wrong user, she can understand him and it's fucking retarded.

Han was one of the main characters you fucking chimp.