Will Scarjo be a good Major Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1dmlwhaEEgE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Well they already fucked up Togusa

>just give me that "grizzled desk sergeant on the verge of retirement that's too old for this shit" look f am

Yup

She'll be fine.

>the next-gen matrix
hehehe

>togusa's only defining feature is a revolver

fucking western cinema

>the next-gen matrix

>Serious sci-fi epic
>btw here's a picture of my ass...and face
why don't sjw's get angry about this shit?

I think it looks pretty good

>lmao nobody watches anime in real life just cast whatever and we'll use it as a tax right-off just hire some shitlibs who don't know jack shit to work on it so they don't catch on

>The Next Gen Matrix
>The Wachowskis literally ripped off scnes from GITS

>The Next-Gen Matrix

IM TRIGGERED IN SO MANY WAYS

The most I'm hoping for is that it ends up a decent sci-if film but a shitty Ghost in the Shell film.

She's gonna be great

>The Next-Gen Matrix
KILL

>the next-gen matrix
FUCK OFF!!!!!

She will be fine, the animu it's based off of will be objectively shit in comparison but I'm sure weeb faggots will cry regardless

>IT'S BRUTAL...IT'S ICONIC

>live action anime
Dropped.

Original movie was good tho, and I don't even like anime.

>It's brutal
>it's iconic
but is it woke?

i just watched Ultraviolet

dunno the movie was so cheaply made and the cgi was so bad but Milla hold the movie just right
then again Milla was at her top in that movie

cant say the same for scarfatso

>scarfatso
shes gonna be cgi body for most of the movie, no doubt, its in the trailers bruh

I have no faith in it, but I also think it will be insanely visually appealing and can't wait to see it in theaters.

>character is a young family man detective that brings a human aspect to the story
>make him a grizzled wrinkly vet

No

it looks fucking awesome, stop being queermos

this 2bh

>the next-gen matrix

Fucking normies learn fucking history jesus fuck

>barely any of the critics will have seen the 1995 film
>perhaps one of them will know some of Oshii's other work
>none will know who Shirow is

it looks pretty engaging for Hollywood Zionist shlock i'll give it a watch

>all the triggered anime loving faggots acting as if GiTS invented cyberpunk

No, it's because the Fagowski's literally took elements directly from GitS, it's their main influence.

>tfw the scene when she's ripping her body apart to destroy a tank

don't you dare use hidamaris for negative purposes you fuck

Well

It's based on the 1st season of the anime television series which is based around the "laughing man" hacker

It's not based around the 2deep4u 1995 masterpiece

So if you wanna compare source material to this, you've got about 20 something episodes to shift through.

I find the series boring as hell t b h

Most people do because it's drawn like shit like your typical TV show and has a shit ton of filler

So it's based on season 1 but aping all of the look of the film, including the music?

Literally dishonest.

Not a bad thing to invoke because the 95 film is infinitely better than the television show.

No, but is anyone planning to watch the original film in the next couple days in theaters?

Boston reporting in.

Morelike it's a bizarre clusterfuck of elements from both 2 SaC seasons and the original film. The antagonist has the name of the Laughing Man, the abilities of the Puppet Master, and the appearance and relationship to Motoko that Kuze had.
Hell, they even reference the red jumpsuit from Arise in the shot of the club scene. It's seems more like a hodgepodge of references to get the fans salivating than anything of consequence.
Down right Pavlovian, like that bit of the original score.

So it's an original adaptation that's just a collage of references based on stuff from everything in the franchise?

What the fuck are you doing hollywood?

Just watch the two recap films if your ADHD meds are running low.

Aren't those just compilations of the two different types of episodes?

Like the main story line ones and the off shoot side trail ones

Pretty much seems like the capeshit treatment.
Reminds me a lot of what happened to Star Trek Into Darkness.

They trim the filler pretty well, and even completely remake some scenes for the sake of consistency. For example, they reduce an entire episode dedicated to discovering the identity of a character in 2nd Gig to a conversation with a detective. The only real gripe to be had is the dub cast is completely different from any other GitS work, if you're in to that sort of thing.

80% of the dialogue in the series is "the chief deputy minister of the department of the bureau of homeland internal foreign affairs did X to the manager of the congressional secretary chiefs of intelligence and then they did Y and thezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

Plus half of it is ion those HUD view things where the speaker has the little portrait so it literally looks and feels like watching boring cable news.

The section 9 crew are like the most elite totally operator stone cold professional crew ever and literally never make a single mistake they could have reasonably avoided and respond to every single situation completely deadpan and stoic, even the most outrageous shit like bombs and firefights.

Makes for a really boring watch

is there a ghost in the shell recommended list? what should I watch/read

Watch the 1995 film in its original 2d animated form, do not watch the remastered version where they do a complete overhaul on replacing the original animation with shitty CGI.

Watch the film based on season 1 of the television series if you can't bear 24 episodes of anime.

If both of those you like, then continue into season 2 and maybe watch Arise.

But keep in mind all of the stuff is different and despite being from the same source material due to different directors.

Why does she look like Ramona Flowers?

I see, thanks

If you get through these and find out you really like Mamoru Oshii, watch Innocence.
Also the two Patlabor movies can scratch a pretty similar "sci-fi future political intrigue" itch. Same composer, too.

Apologize

Where's the nipples?

2D Major has nipples despite being 99.5% robot

Oh, I'm sorry alright.

Sorry I didn't order a helium tank soon enough to never see that shit.

They didnt pay here enough for full nudity. Or PG-13.

Coming from someone who doesn't know shit about the source material, I think the movie looks really cool and I'm probably going to watch it in the theater.

#PFFFBPFPPFBFPRRRRFFFFRRT*

Imagine being the Puppet Master in that scene and having to be all like "damn, Motoko Kusanagi, you fuckin' fine, all sexy with your tight body and horrific androgynous monster face. I would totally merge my consciousness with you, both my ghost and the real me." when all he really wants to do is hack another loli sexbot in the red light district. Like seriously imagine having to be the Puppet Master and not only sit in that chair while Kusanagi flaunts her disgusting body in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing her stretchmarks and leathery skin, and just sit there, take after take, hour after hour, while she perfected that dance. Not only having to tolerate her monstrous fucking visage but her haughty attitude as everyone on set tells her she's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, KUSANAGI LOOKS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch her mannish fucking gremlin face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been hacking nothing but a healthy diet of foreign diplomats and politicians and later Section 9 staff for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Section 6. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on her dimpled stomach as she sucks it in to writhe it suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and merge with her "statuesque (for that is what she calls herself)" beauty, the beauty she worked so hard for with personal trainers in the previous months. And then the Minister of Foreign Affairs calls for another hacking, and you know you could kill every single person in this room before the cyberpolice could shut you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're the fucking Puppet Master. You're not going to lose your future ghost over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

>her eyes are facing different directions
Cannot unsee

ScarJo is perfect to play the Major. Both are primarily made of plastic.

IT'S LIKE SKYRIM BUT WITH GUNS

>next gen matrix

Don't worry about the source, people will not understand SAC so they won't bother trying.

Its been ages since I saw the original, did it have this 'muh body' revenge story? From what I remember it was a story about AI, not about her being raped into a robobody and oppressed.

>the major in the anime is plain expressionless
>scarlett jew whore "I can't act for shit Johansjon" making that constant "I'm a tought women" face

>Also the two Patlabor movies can scratch a pretty similar "sci-fi future political intrigue" itch. Same composer, too.
This, although I rewatched Patlabor 2 recently and it wasn't as good as I remember it. Still totally worth a watch.
youtube.com/watch?v=1dmlwhaEEgE

not in theaters, but I watched the original yesterday.

I dunno about "masterpiece", but it was really fucking good. about as good as anime gets. Some of the dialogue is wonky/meh though. like "hey we're gonna throw a shitload of exposition at you in two minutes to justify the last twenty." Exactly the opposite of "show don't tell"

It came around the UK last week.
It's clumsy in places for sure, but it's still a stunning experience. I don't think the final action scene will ever not send chills down my spine.

what about innocence?

Is she really human?

It should have been January Jones. She's already a robot.

Opinions differ. If you thought the dialogue in the first movie was forced you haven't seen shit.

nigga, they're fucking mashing everything together. shit's gonna be clusterfuck

it should've been MEW tbqh

Is it the english dub or in nip?

>Cgi six pack

Female actors everyone

milla wouldve made a good major if they went with a tone a little closer to the manga

they're doing showings of both where i am (norcal)

It's different and much wordier, but it's good in its own way too. The mixing of 3d and 2d animation works in some scenes and not so much in others. but it creates a unique look if nothing else

DAMN

Why does Hollywood still think live action anime is a good idea? Have they learned nothing from Dragon Ball Evolution?

PG13 for sure

She is getting paid $20m for Ghost in the Shell
She got full nude several times in Under the Skin and that whole production cost $10m

This is their audience.

It's gonna be a cynical rehash of scenes from the animated films, tied together by a hollywood schlock interpretation of the story.

>>none will know who Shirow is

Good.

It's the same thing with video game movies. They will never learn even if it costs them millions of dollars

>tfw no cyberpunk robo ScarJo gf

Damn, Scarjo looks like *THAT* ?

Agreed, hope the score is good and borrows a little from the anime rather than the dull ominous scores that are usually in scifis today

They're "recreating" the iconic GitS scenes and making them look unimpressive, I didn't know it was possible.

ScarJo, I'm sorry you had breast reduction, got pregnant, and now look like a man.

*cough* *cough* Warcraft Angry Birds

I want to sniff Scarjo's feet!!

Clint Mansell is scoring this, isn't he? Something to look forward to at least. I wouldn't be surprised if he does it like Black Swan and composes rearrangements of the original music.

2D Major is always wearing a nude coloured bodysuit-- that's how the camo works. You only see nips in the scene her chassis is built and like the end of the movie when she hulks out on the tank and the suit tears off.

It's gonna be real bad, isn't it?

Major isn't nude when she uses her camo tho senpai, if you're gna be autistic about the anime at least do it right. You only really see nips in the scene the chassis is built and the end when she hulks out on the tank. She's wearing a nude coloured body suit, it's how the camo works famalamadingdong.

That said we still probably won't see nips, this shit will be PG-13 or whatever.

> focusing on the actors rather than the setting.

It's like they want to fail. Judge Dredd all over again familam.

Sup Forums you're really shitting the bed on me here

>next-gen matrix
AhahahaHAHAahaha