About to start LOTR movies for the first time. Watching the extended cuts as well. What am I in for?

About to start LOTR movies for the first time. Watching the extended cuts as well. What am I in for?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dfXSVEc4vMI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Kino and a lot of shit that could easily be avoided if the eagles weren't such dicks

I heard about the eagles. They don't take them to Salon correct? Also, I know about Frodo from a picture.

a lot of yawns unless you have a fetish for terrible cgi

A good nap

I'm worried now. I wasted my fucking ratio on this shit. I even got the 1080p version.

>LOTR
>terrible cgi
you fucking kidding me m8 the balrog looks amazing despite being 15 years later

I grew up with these films. They're pretty much my childhood. I have a huge emotional attachment to the films and genuinely think they're a masterpiece.

I'm biased though and it might just me being sentimental. But there's a reason they're so popular.

i'm one of those dudes who prefers the theatrical cuts only because a lot of the extended material fucks with the pacing and also because i'm probably an autist. theatrical cuts are really hard to find though unless you bought them, since the main body of people just like the extended editions more.

Honestly the only extended version worth watching is return of the king the others just drag on

You're on Sup Forums. This is a board that has a diehard userbase that claims BvS was a masterpiece and the prequels were actually good. Conversely, there's Anons that hate LOTR and the OT.

LOTR are some of the best fantasy films ever made and the extended edition is great for anyone who likes the films. They're rather long, think close to 4 hours, so it isn't for casuals. That being said, I rewatch them at least once a year.

Fear not

If you had the option I would say do not watch the extended cuts. It really only adds value if you're a big fan / have read the books. Watching all the extended cut versions is a grand total of like 13 hours

But these are still some of the most enjoyable films of our time. You'd be hard pressed to find a better adventure movie than Fellowship

This.

I did have an option, but I already downloaded the extended cut of the first movie. I thought it would be a more complete experience. I don't care about length if the movies are good. If it fucks with the pacing though that's a problem. I don't want to waste another 20gb for non extended now.

>This is a board that has a diehard userbase that claims BvS was a masterpiece and the prequels were actually good.
>hurrrdurr, this shit movie is awesome
is shitposting. Difference is, lotr fans actually seem to believe lotr are good movies which makes me sad.

They are good movies you shitposter.

Greatness

Kino. The extended cuts are loooong though. I recommend breaking each film in 2 parts...i.e. Fellowship part 1 etc.

fellowship is the best adventure movie ever made. 10/10 perfect adaptation. incredible film, entertaining and beautiful and musically evocative without feeling cheap.
two towers is a step down but still enjoyable.
return of the king is a further step down from towers but is still a solid film.

Possibly the best trilogy of all time.

the best 12 hours of your life.

Other than when I saw them in theaters I do not watch just one. It has to be all 3 in one sitting.

Extended's don't fuck with the pacing. don't listen to those idiots.

>have some sort of limit on his internet
>download 3 long as fuck films on the biggest size commercially available

if anything it's a 100x better than the hobbits """trilogy"""

Hands down the best bonus/making of/extra material of any movie out there.

Is there any other film that comes close in terms of extra stuff?

Phantom Menace has a making of bit that is better than the movie. It's like a Greek tragedy.

It's ratio limit, not internet. I'm a member of an underground private movie torrent website that I can't talk about. Just know that the picture quality I receive can be watched in 12k if I wanted to.

Yeah only ADHD tards say this because they can't watch anything more than 90 minutes long, extended fellowship is goat, there are a few questionable cuts/additions in the other two but still more positives than negatives.

RotK is literally the worst movie in the trilogy, ESPECIALLY the extended cut.
The other ones are top comfy while RotK is just lots of whining Frodo and 6 endings that aren't actually endings

>I grew up with these films
>They're pretty much my childhood

If you haven't seen it already you are no doubt underage.

Absolute kino desu

In think the first Hobbit movie is the second best middle earth movie

The dullest franchise

Extended cut of fellowship is superior to theatrical.

Extended cuts of the other two is not as necessary (worth watching deleted scenes can be seen individually).

FotR - theatrical
TT - extended
RotK - theatrical

Most of the extra scenes are insignificant, or they just detract.

Lament for Theodred pure kino

Greatness. I'm not being hyperbolic. The movies have such an epic scope to them that you'll get lost in the world at least for a time.

I like the Two Towers the best personally but the whole trilogy works very well. Read the books as well.

>ottism-dot-jay-pee-gee

Enjoy fellowship because it's the best. After that it becomes more and more about men fighting brown cgi

A horribly butchered franchise that only touches lightly upon the full weight that is offered by the lore.

Do yourself a favour and listen to this first;
youtube.com/watch?v=dfXSVEc4vMI

Watch Galadriel riverdancing

>search lotr in Amazon
>theres like 12 movies there withvarious editions
What am I supposed to watch?

>brown cgi
>in lotr

mostly actors in prosthetics playing orcs mate.

The absolute Kino experience
Buy lots of snacks and drinks so you dont have to get off your comfy seat for the rest 12 hours

Bet you couldn't even listen to this, then watch all 3 extended edition Hobbit then LOTR you fucking casual.

Also audiobooks don't work with me for tolkien, especially with that faggy and waspy accent, I have to be able see how the names are spelled or else it sounds like oxford-tennis match-queefs from the queens ass

> I can't transcribe from audio.
Whatever faggot.

Why didn't Galadriel just riverdance into mt doom with the ring?

Pfffttttaahahahah

>be me
>born under the Two Trees
>my hair capture their light inside them, be beautiful af
>this edgy elf-prince falls for them, wants one of my hair
>tell him to fuck off because I am an edgy teen myself
>he is a great craftsman though so he captures the light of the Trees himself in some crystals to fap to
>whatever
>he gets increasingly paranoid over someone stealing them
>eventually this evil god shows up and kills his father, fucks up the trees and steals the gems
>massive shitstorm
>fast forward 8000 years
>2 civil wars, 3 genocides, millions dead, two continents obliterated, a dozen civilizations and races lost later, all this bullshit seems about to come to an end
>the gems are destroyed and the last Maiar follower of this asshole is about to get his shit rekt
>see we got his ring of power and we are going to destroy him forever
>this random dwarf shows up and likes my hair too
>he asks for a hair of my head
>dwarves are good craftsmen right?
>oh hell no, we are not doing this again
>give him a hair and two more for backup