Star Wars 8 The Last Jedi

So I just made pondering on what it all could mean, and then it hit me. Jedi is both singular and plural. It could mean one Jedi, like Luke or Rey, or multiple Jedi. Personally

I love this title, it's very deep and exciting. Disney is definitely hitting all the marks right.

So, Sup Forums, what do you think of this title for SW episode 8?

I think that we will all love this film. It's certainly a new beginning for Star Wars, and it seems, given the silence regarding trailers and available footage, they are deliberately keeping everybody "in the dark". Wow.. does this mean the move will be dark?

bumo

do noone care abotu Star Wars? I can talk all day about it

I know this is bait but Luke is confirmed the last jedi.

Why in the fuck would they spell it out like that?

Star Wars died in 1983. Please just leave it alone.

*The Last White Male Jedi

(The) Phantom Menace
(A)ttack of the Clones
(R)evenge of the Sith

(A) New Hope
(The) Empire Strikes Back
(R)eturn of the Jedi

(The) Force Awakens
(The) Last Jedi

They already fucked up.

Get ready.

Huh...it's almost like pottery.

It seems legit.Reylo for life!

We need to stop posting on Sup Forums take the fight to Drumpf. On Twitter.

It's a real life star wars revolution and only by buying up star wars merchandise made in sweatshops can we win against injustice and hate.

#WeAreTheResistance

Next movie will probably be called something like From Beyond the Outer Rim.

Rate title

-3/10

>Star Wars died in 1983. Please just leave it alone.

Do we really need more Star Wars films? I don't really like any of the movies, but I can at least understand why people would be apposed to having the series' corpse raped for the 100th time. What they're doing is just plain bad writing at this point.

Normal people enjoyed TFA and Rogue One, it's just that Sup Forums is made up of fundamentally unreasonable people who are sperging out because muh jews muh disney muh sjw boogeyman

"We are the last Jedi" will be a line spoken in this movie.

"The Last Jedi" is obviously plural and refers to both Luke and Rey. They're not going to kill of Luke, especially no that Carrie Fisher is dead irl. All three OT heroes dying would be too much, and Disney knows it.

I know, but did they really have to be made? Did they need to make a whole movie about an event that was mentioned once in the crawl of A New Hope?

They'll be making Star Wars movies long after WE'RE dead, let alone the original three. They have to handle it eventually.

0/10
Normies don't know what the outer rim is.
Also wild space and the unknown regions are what's beyond the outer rim.

>A New Hope
It's so easy to spot underage plebs.

personally, I love this movie.

Kathleen Kennedy has said that while nothing is set in stone, they plan to conclude the main saga after Episode IX and they'll just do spinoff films until the end of time, probably creating new sub-series within those spinoffs.

I didn't really like Rogue One much for the reasons you mentioned, but then again, we didn't really need the prequels either, and those movies were embarrassing. Rogue One at least had the decency to be competently made.

If Star Wars is so epic, maybe it should have stayed out of one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises? Seriously each episode following the boy Jedi and his pals from Tatooine as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make the force unforceful, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Lucas vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his toys. The Star Wars series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the OT was good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the trilogy was terrible. As I watched, I noticed that every time a character went into an uncertain situation, the director made them say "I have a bad feeling about this."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Lucas's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Star Wars by the same J.J. Abrams. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are watching Star Wars at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to watch J.J. Abrams." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you watch "Star Wars" you are, in fact, trained to watch J.J. Abrams.

I also agree that the prequels have no reason to exist, at least not as three movies. I'd say that RotS is the only one we really needed, and even then it was pretty shit.

Last Jedi meaning more than one is incorrect English.
It would be Last of the Jedi to imply more than one.

except it wasnt a new hope, it was originally just 'star wars'

Isn't this a Harry Potter pasta? I remember reading one where they marked 'Stretch my legs' several dozen times.

THE FORCE AWAKENS
THE LAST JEDI

The Phantom Menace referred to both Maul and Sidious.

Return of the Jedi referred to both Luke and Anakin

It's like poetry, it rhymes.

>LOTR
But that's about white europeans beating the shit out of a black lord from the east. Did SJWs latch onto it like they did Harry Potter?

The whole harry potter thing is a product of recent years. Nobody gave a shit back in the early 2000s. People were able to separate politics and equality from movies back then.

Yeah, it's the Harry Potter pasta.

Lurk more. Seriously

I know they didn't back in the 2000s, I meant are modern SJWs using it?

If they didn't want to be ambiguous about it, they wouldn't have gone for that title, regardless of what you pointed out. This was a cheap trap and everybody fell for it and will keep debating this for the next two years.

SJW faggots bitch about anything and everything no matter it's point in history.

>forgetting the picture

Step it up, sempai

What picture?

t. newfag