Hellraiser is never really talked about on here. Ive only seen the original. What sequels are worth watching?

Hellraiser is never really talked about on here. Ive only seen the original. What sequels are worth watching?

>What sequels are worth watching?
all
of
them

no fucking way

Hellraiser is talked about on this board on a regular basis, OP. We would be happy to talk about it some more.

The general consensus about the Hellraiser flicks is that the first two are worth watching, while it's safe to skip the others. The second flick is worth the price of admission because in addition to a beautiful dark twisted fantasy hellscape, about ten minutes in, it contains one of the most arresting stills in the history of horror film, period.

That said, there's plenty in the second movie which is silly, and low-budget. But this was true of the original as well of course.

>it contains one of the most arresting stills in the history of horror film, period
Which one are you referring to?

A skinned human writes on a wall

Watch the movie with my timing in mind and find out! :^)

HINT: Hellraiser 2 contains a very specific trope which is repeated in The Exorcist, and Se7en. Not many people have picked up on this.

I saw the first two and stopped there. The cenobites are fucking awesome, but they have way too little screen time and the movies are overall too disgusting for my taste.

none, they are all worse than the original. if the cenobyte universe is interesting to you, just read a wiki and dont bother with the garbage narratives of the sequels

op here, been on Sup Forums since since 2010... hardly seen it discussed newfag

First two are good and feel like they are one movie. The rest are pretty bad.

The first two acts of Hellraiser 2 are good, but it kinda goes to shit in the 3rd. Don't bother with the rest.

>Must see tier
Hellraiser, Hellraiser 2
>Surprisingly good tier
Hellraiser 5
>Fun schlock tier
Hellraiser 3
>Pretty horrible but still watachable tier
Hellraiser 4, Hellraiser 6
>Godawful dog shit avoid at all costs tier
Hellraiser 7, 8, 9

inferno is the best

And I'm the person you've replied to, I have been on Sup Forums for longer than you have, and hellraiser is regularly discussed on this board, at a current pace of, say, once every week or two. You haven't been paying attention.

From part 5 on its just shelved scripts that have Pinhead shoehorned in got slapped the Hellraiser title on it.

don't listen to this guy. 2 is fine, 3 goes completely off the rails with guys like "CD head" and "piston head"

the rest, your milage may vary depending on how much tolerance you have for blatant flanderization and general crappiness

Why are you talking like you worked on the film

I like how it's ambiguous if Hellraiser is set in England or America (filmed and intended to be set in England, studio/producers changed it to US during production)

Yeah, once console of rome gets turned into a cenobite it gets real stupid.

i'd say check out nightbreed and lord of illusions if nothing else

OP 1 and 2 are good then the quality drop

recommend you to read the comics and, The Hellbound Heart novella

>actually watches movies and picks up on certain things that people don't talk about much

>invites discussion of same on the movie discussion board

>herp derp you weren't on the crew, guy, calm down terp

Everything up to 5 is worth watching.

>>actually watches movies and picks up on certain things that people don't talk about much
>Doesn't say what those things are
Yeah, I'm sure you totally picked up on something hidden...

This is such an autistically arrogant post

Anyone else like Barker's other movies? I loved night breed, that scene where the schizo rips his own face off was brilliant. Also I just love his costume and set designs.
Books of blood tv show when?

>Must watch: Hellraiser 1 and 2
>hellraiser 3 goes to Nam
>Hellraiser 4 but...IN SPACE
>Hellraiser 5 directed by M. Night Shyamalan
>Hellraiser 6,7,8,9 Its cool to see the cenobites but movies are shit.

Only the second

>pain has a face. Allow me to show it to you.

Was thinking the same thing