Underrated shows ahead of their time

underrated shows ahead of their time

im 100% serious, lost was a masterpiece

only people who didn't like it couldn't suspend disbelief for more than 5 minutes.

>only people who didn't like it couldn't suspend disbelief for more than 5 minutes

People suspended their disbelief for 5 seasons you fukken nerd

The worst aspect of being conned with art is that victims will never admit to having been conned.

>People suspended their disbelief for 5 seasons you fukken nerd

Actually they thought they were going get a complete 100% walkthrough of everything that happened and got mad when they didn't. the people who ended up hating lost have no real imagination or feeling.

yeah the people who actually gave it a chance

so many people I talk to tell me how great the walking dead is or le breaking bad or game of thrones, but when I bring up Lost, they immediately call it shitty, and when I ask how many seasons they got through they 'only watched it like once or twice'

I'll buy that it was ahead of its time, but it is by no means underrated. People are correct in their retrospective assessment of the show.

Well said.

>b-but it was about the characters
People only say this about shows with shitty plots.

BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

snnnnniiiiiiffffffffffff...oh yes my dear....sssnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff....quite pungent indeed...is that....dare I say....sssssssnniff...eggs I smell?......sniff sniff....hmmm...yes...quite so my darling....sniff....quite pungent eggs yes very much so .....ssssssssssssssnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiffffff....ah yes...and also....a hint of....sniff....cheese.....quite wet my dear....sniff...but of yes...this will do nicely....sniff.....please my dear....another if you please....nice a big now....

BBBBBBRRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPFFFFFF

Oh yes...very good!....very sloppy and wet my dear....hmmmmm...is that a drop of nugget I see on the rim?...hmmmm.....let me.....let me just have a little taste before the sniff my darling.......hmmmmm....hmm..yes....that is a delicate bit of chocolate my dear....ah yes....let me guess...curry for dinner?....oh quite right I am....aren't I?....ok....time for sniff.....sssssnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff.....hmmm...hhhmmmmm I see...yes....yes indeed as well curry......hmmm....that fragrance is quite noticeable....yes.....onion and garlic chutney I take it my dear?.....hmmmmm....yes quite.....

BBBBBBRRRRRRRRPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT

Oh I was not expecting that…that little gust my dear….you caught me off guard…yes…so gentle it was though…hmmmm…let me taste this little one…just one small sniff…..sniff…ah….ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffffff…and yet…so strong…yes…the odor….sniff sniff…hmmm….is that….sniff….hmmm….I can almost taste it my dear…..yes….just…sniff….a little whiff more if you please…..ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffff…ah yes I have it now….yes quite….hhhhmmmm…delectable my dear…..quite exquisite yes…..I dare say…sniff….the most pungent one yet my dear….ssssnnnnniiiifffffffffffffffffffffff….yes….

There's just something that feels empty and disappointing when watching a show where the writers didn't know the answers to the mysteries while they were writing them

Being highly popular while it was still on is the opposite of underrated. It was a hit show.

not funny

But how many books have you read where the author left the ending open for interpretation?

How is LOST any different?

Biggest scam in the history of television.

This defense is idiotic, writing is not as definite as audiovisual media and allows for more ambiguity, besides you're confusing "leaving things open to interpretation" with leaving a huge crater where a resolution should be.

It wasn't "underrated" whatsoever, it was the most discussed show on Sup Forums by far while it was on.

LOST probably would have been great if they planned it out for a 4-season run from the get go. I was never satisfied with pretty much any resolution to any of the island's mysteries and some of them kind of still don't make any sense.

The Constant was like the only episode to setup an intredasting sci-fi hook and use it as a tool to tell a compelling story and resolve everything in a single compact episode. A lot of the rest of the series is filler.

I'll agree it was kind of ahead of its time though. I wouldn't agree that it's underrated, I think it's kind of overrated.

my interpration is that the island was a turlle

Here in Germany everyone loved Lost, And everytime you re-watch it you notice new things.
What annoyed me after the Final was that so many people on Twitter were saying the ending made no sense at all. What's wrong with these people.
And yes, it's really underrated. The only thing that was as good as Lost was a book
>The Stand by Stephen King
which i'm sure the Lost writers got inspiration from

>pic related

TIME GAS

Which ones don't make sense to you?

>pic related: the fan art was incredible. I even bought me one of those when the Art Gallery opened back then and sold pieces

>pic related: The one i bought and still don't get tired of

okay. well I'll admit they didn't do the best job with making it clear what was happening, but I guess that is what I meant.

Have you rewatched it? I liked it the first time I watched it, but then years later I rewatched it and I loved it.

Obviously the pilot and the first season were a little cheesy, but that is because they didn't really know how far they were going to go with it.

Lost is poorly written garbage.

Every time I rewatch Lost I just watch the first two seasons and think about what could have been, before they went full retard.

Elaborate and tell me which mystery show made you think and speculate more than Lost

Do you know what "underrated" even means?

>Locke the only one with his back turned

DUDE FLASHBACKS LMAO

really makes you think