Nocturnal Animals by Tom Ford

This is why fashion designers shouldn't write and direct movies.

droped it after the story made him the stupidest person ever, dur ima totaly pull over for these fuckwits

A Single Man was good though.

What was the point of the intro credits with the naked fat women??? It literally had nothing to do with anything.

Why does Sup Forums hate this movie? I thought many people here would identify with the weak beta male that in the end gets his revenge.

Exactly. I expected way, way more from this film.
Beats me.

The green screen was screaming in this scene.

this

>The green screen was screaming in this scene.
Yo are fucking blind roflmao

because its so poorly written within 10 - 20 minutes of the film theres multiple unbeleivable moments where real ppl would never do this shit.

It reeked of SJW propaganda.

this might be the best new pleb filter
>why didn't the characters do what i would've done?
>why is there images that don't have explicit narrative purposes?
literally baby's first film criticism

Didn't really find the film all that enjoyable.
I get that it was all his way of letting her know how the whole thing had made him feel but that wasn't really satisfying for me

They represent what the roastie wants to be but can't, completely free from social expectations and judgement.
What, you believe that people like him wouldn't act that way in those situations?
Retard.

Man, it's like you didn't even get it was a modern art gallery the whole time, and that modern art is a subject in the film, it is almost like you are mentally retarded.

>Retard.

Shill.

t. pseudo intellectual autists over analyzing everything as usual.

Great idea for a film, but not so well executed.

Far too many basic technical and general filmmaking flaws throughout the movie.

>Amy and Jake are underutilised, Shannon and Johnson outshine them all (and it's certainly not because of Ford)
>Jake has an accent which he loses depending on the take (not the narrative)
>out of place bad editing between wide shots and close up's
>jarring color pallete difference between the two narratives that doesn't blend at all
>a lot of "I'm acting!" scenes and cheesy oneliners
>framing and composition of the landscapes felt like a film student trying to copy NCFOM landscapes
>all the night scenes have too bright obvious lighting like it's brightest moon in existence
>laughable phoneclip jump scare scene
>too on the nose symbolism with clues being literally spelled out in text form behind the characters

All these are meant between takes, not the two narratives. Except my color grading point, but I still stand by it.

The movie is filled with scenes where you "see" that it is an actor acting infront of a camera, just take a shot everytime Amy Adams character stops reading the book and looks at the ceiling all nervous and aggravated, you will be drunk halfway into the movie.

Quite apparent that Ford is first and foremost a fashion designer, not a film director.

Nice copypasta.

Word.

But the second user didn't even analyze the scene? He was literally stating that the opening was a modern art display. So apparently pointing out the obvious is now over-autisticly analyzing?

you should end ur life ASAP

>using words to convey meaning
go back to film school hipster cunt

It wasn't even a real situation. It was a character in his story you idiot.

No less real than what was occurring in the film a layer above

I liked this movie overall even if it is one of the worst Jake Gyllenhaal performances and Amy Adams does nothing. There were some problems with the script but also some really good moments, particularly the directing of the part where Jake's family is driven away.

Also the final scene was pure kino

>>jarring color pallete difference between the two narratives that doesn't blend at all
that's the point
most of your criticisms are fair though

It was bad but a great improvement since A Single Man.

In 10 years he will be able to deliver a masterpiece.

>implying you would have acted any differently than the beta cuck in that situation.

I liked A Single Man a lot better than this, but I think that is due in part to me being able to relate to the melancholy and depression of losing a loved one.