Is this a good movie?

Is this a good movie?

ass kino

It starts going downhill near the end where they start introducing multiple Wendigos. Even then they don't hide it well enough, it spends way too much time in plain sight.

Well for a game, it's a pretty good movie. The first half is better than the second half though.

It was an entertaining experience but as far as "game movies" go I likes The Last of Us better.

Fun game

is it really that good? i watched some clips of it and it seems like your generic horror movie mashed into a real-time/decision game with some bizarre monsters. there's only one non-retarded character too, just like most horror movies.

It's hard to explain, as a movie it would probably be just ok-ish but as a videogame you feel more "into it", you get immersed and that ends up making it a very nice experience.

There's plenty of characters that aren't retarded, though it's obviously got plenty of inspiration from other horror films. Maybe you'd even call it a homage of sorts?

The story is actually pretty decent, with a good twist. When you first play it you feel like your decisions matter, which you need in a game like this.

Playing that blind was great

It's not actually good but it was entertaining. It felt like a mediocre early 00s teen horror movie but with the novelty of interactivity. As far the genre of game goes I thought it was better than Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls because there were more points where you could get your characters killed and it was less pretentious.

I strangely preferred Beyond Two Souls, despite it being more flawed.

it takes itself seriously in ways that benefit it (the mo-cap is actually really terrific) but isnt an overwritten bloated pretentious mess like anything by david cage. its a pretty straightforward experience carried by good "acting" (if thats what it can be called).

Since when is voice acting and motion capture not acting?

It's pretty good. I liked all the really corny dialogue and the blonde girl with the big ass.

yeah i agree, i just feel like in some ways its unfair to actors to label it that since im not sure if nuances about the performances can be lost in that translation from mo-cap to actual digital representation and to what degree. i dont think im doing the best job of explaning it but hopefully you know what i mean

It's a fun time but the writing falls apart near the end as characters are railroaded into making dumb choices. Once you've beaten it once and the limitations of the decisions become apparent it loses some of its appeal, but when you still aren't sure what choices determine what it's a lot of fun. Also really good with friends.

Pic related is best character.

I thought Beyond Two Souls felt all over the place narratively and took all tension out of the QTE sequences. Until Dawn is less ambitious but they pulled off what they were going for better.

lesbo kino

I started watching this last night. It was pretty good until dawn.

Beyond Two Souls was more of a chronology of someone's life, that being Jodie's, what with episodic chapters.

I rate the game oddly, like a 7.5/10 overall because it has flaws with dialogue and the far fetched-ness the plot went, but overall the experience and how much I enjoyed it I'd give it a 9.5/10. I was honestly shocked how engrossed I was in the story, and beat it in one day and loved the experience. That and Ellen Page was great in it.

With Until Dawn, it was a more solidly made tight movie-designed story, but while I enjoyed it I did not feel as engrossed as I did in Beyond Two Souls and took a couple days to beat.

>writing falls apart near the end as characters are railroaded into making dumb choices.
This. It's campy fun until you are given stupid decisions to make and the story stops following any sort of logic.

Also, Chris died because I was drunk and then I gave up on caring about anyone else.