How can the MLB get young people back into baseball?

How can the MLB get young people back into baseball?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KQ8nl-b2V-I
nsucurrent.nova.edu/baseball-is-dying-but-why/
youtu.be/ngt1JK3DyOU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

by offering free pussy

Shorter games
Shorter seasons
Fitter athletes
Bullshit mandrama.

tweet out highlights with emojis and use words like fire and shook

But in a respectable way

Basesball is fine. Tons of people watch and tons of kids play. The media loves to shit on the game because they're full of anti-American, leftist bastards.

they shouldn't, fuck millennials the sport is fine

This. Baseball will always have a following. It may not be in its booming golden age anymore but it's fine. Even if commie bastards succeed in destroying the game in America, we could still ship over 3rd World Caribbean (where all there is to do is throw and hit stuff) luckswingers to fill the void

I want to take a baseball class (in college) and they told me they've tried in the past but there simply wasn't enough students interested.

They don't. It's a game for mature people. I didn't get it for a while. It's fine this way.

I hope they never try. I know manfred is going to fuck it up, I can feel it.

Multiball

More dingers. Pitchers are now only allowed to throw fastballs down the middle.

>baseball class (in college)
people who like baseball are busy getting useful degrees

Make it 7 innings.

Designated hitters for catchers
Designated hitters for middle infielders
Fuck it, designated hitters for all nine positions

Manfred no!

Multiball

I dont want to sound pompous but this might actually be true

Promote local minor league teams

No kids are playing soccer anymore because they don't want to be branded homosexuals. Football is too violent. Basketball you have to be tall and hockey is too expensive.

Baseball is fine l see kids playing it all the time at parks.

Get rid of the Posey rule

t. Contreras

But MLB is America's most popular sport

>Baseball is fine l see kids playing it all the time at parks.
straight up lies.. you only see kids on select/club teams playing anymore. you never see a pickup game anywhere.

By disbanding and turning the league into a set of schools

Nothing sissy about football
youtube.com/watch?v=KQ8nl-b2V-I

MULTIBALL

They already are

allow them to juice again, use pine tar, corked bats, etc... we need more scoring

pitchers are overrated

In third world ooga booga-filled city centers, you're right, the resident pavement apes and white trash are too busy playing basketball.

In the suburbs and the countryside, baseball is played a lot. It would be a lie to say it's bigger than football, but it's more or less tied with basketball in terms of popularity. The demographics who play and watch each are significantly different, granted.

>tripping ppl, manly

Pick one

baseball is gay but nothing is as gay as soccer

>soccer is gay because some players dive in order to cheat

>some

We don't need more nogs from inner shitties. Let them kneel on the court or football fields.

>some

Do some kinda Pokemon promotion. Kids love Pokemon.

>some

Tell the niggers they aren't allowed to play anymore. You remember how many niggers wanted to play when they weren't allowed to? Tell em they're banned and the coons will be streaming back in. 4d chess.

nailed it

I really don't want niggers to invade baseball in large numbers. I'm completely fine with them playing their containment sport I can just ignore.

this delusion

>some

7 innings, more dingers, playoff series are a maximum of 5 games.

Or make it a 16 team playoff with MiLB teams sprinkled in with single game series with upsets abound. Tell me you wouldn't want to see a team from Buttfuck, Idaho do some dirty underhanded shit to knock the Yankees out of the running.

Multiple balls.

They can't.

Everything about this post is just astonishingly dense.

Have any of you heard of a player named Anthony Recker? If so what is his reputation? What do think of him?

I live in Omaha, and I only regularly see pick up basketball, m8.

No one picks up a game of baseball around here. Hell, I see more people meeting up for ultimate frisbee and rugby for fun than baseball.

remind generation zyklon how wholesome and apolitical baseball usually is.

nsucurrent.nova.edu/baseball-is-dying-but-why/
read it in weep boreball faggots

t. Trayvondeshawnabus

Pretty complex but this is literally the right answer. Need to adopt a few things from the yuro soccer system.

First get rid of the luxury tax and the draft, let the dodgers and yankees sign as much they want, casuals (also niggers, and kids) love super teams. Luckily baseball is random enough that in short playoff series any team can win so we still likely won't have endless finals repeats like in basketball.

Then add a youth system like euro divegrass, the players can be brought into the teams system from a very young age, any kids in their system once they turn 16 or so the team can sign them or sell them to another team if they want/can. Also when the team wants a player from some random little league they have to pay a fee to the little league or club or high school or whatever he's a part of, same shit they do in soccer. All this should encourage youth development I would think. Also the local team gets first rights to kids in their designated areas, kid doesn't have to agree to join them of course once they graduate high school they're free agents. International would be like it is now but without the bonus and penalties, maybe limit how many international guys a team can sign per year.

There now kids and parents and niggers and everyone loves baseball

Basically what MLS needs to do also btw desu

>wanting ADHD-riddled cunts ruining the watching experience with this sport
If it means I die with the sport so be it. Would much rather keep things the way they are.

>let the dodgers and yankees sign as much they want, casuals (also niggers, and kids) love super teams. Luckily baseball is random enough that in short playoff series any team can win so we still likely won't have endless finals repeats like in basketball.
kys

everything about this post is horrendous

This

OP wants more people like this watching baseball

youtu.be/ngt1JK3DyOU

Disgusting.

The music on this video alone contradicts it.

just let the NFL keep eating itself

>CTE
>domestic violence suspensions
>kneeling scandal
>lack of parity / patriots win lol

>some

>some

This.
Baseball is the silent majority's favorite anyways. People are just too scared to admit it because their shitty negrized sport is finally on its last legs.

play 7 innings instead of 9

minor league teams are jewish AF the local team just left bakersfield because the owner would not pay for some 40 million dollar new stadium

Cut the season down to 150 games or so. Having your team play 6/7 days a week is a grind for the players and travel

Football is on the downswing due to good older players retiring and good new players being diva bitches along with the anthem controversy.

Basketball is on the downswing due to everyone already just assumed the next 3 years will be Warriors Cavs in the finals.

Baseball will increase in popularity as people want to watch a sport and due to hitters swinging more for the fences.

It's doing fine with young people.

>Baseball and softball combined to rank as the most participated team sport in 2016, according to the annual report by the Sports & Fitness Industry Association, a leader in sports participation research.

In terms of watching it on tv, baseball will always be a harder sell for youth since it's slower paced, but that doesn't mean tastes don't change. I was more into following basketball and football when I was younger, but came around to baseball later since it's simply the better sport (no clock, more intriguing game design, etc).

MLB does need to tweak pace of play and add some further tweaks to reduce strikeouts (pitching dominates too much. I think a good K/9 rate is around 3-4, like in the old-timey days, More balls in play).

Have female players.

Make the games shorter, make the seasons shorter, make the "competition" actually difficult.

I mean, face it, if you can play back to back games at a professional level. This event you call a "sport" cannot be that physically demanding.

Baseball should be lumped in with other low physically demanding and low mentally demanding things like checkers.

One game per team a week. Baseball games don't feel like they mean anything, which is why I don't watch it.

Do what the Dodgers do

By not being boring as shit

underrated

Allow baseball players to have fun.
>Batflipping
>Fist pumps
>all sorts of cocky shit

I swear the powers that be in MLB think players should be stoic at all times.

This and fix pace of play.

Limit mound visits by the catcher.
Batters need to stop taking off their fucking gloves after every pitch

There are no "rules" against any of this. Players police themselves on this type of shit. You'll see it occasionally. Pitchers fist pump all the time when getting a big out.

The upside for you to seeing more of this type of behavior is that you'll see a lot more batters being thrown at after flipping a bat or standing and staring after they launch a homerun.

puig is such a chad he batflips singles and pitchers are too scared to do anything about it

i hope they dont, young people or at least the need to cater to young people killed the nfl and nba for me.

I'd drill him and hope my teammates intercept him before he hit the mound. If not, hope I get lucky and go Nolan Ryan to his Ventura.

This.

Maybe 40 years ago, NFL has been king for a while now

Here baseball and fastpitch softball are popular. But the rich city kids played baseball and the poor rural kids played softball, mainly because baseball fields require more upkeep. Most kids played hockey, but the athletic kids who were poor played basketball. While a lot of athletic kids played softball/baseball as well, there were far more fat unauthentic retards playing those sports.
I've never met anyone who told me they played ultimate frisbee that wasn't a ridiculously cucked numale who probably had a disproportionate amount of estrogen in the womb. It's literally the ultimate "non-sport" for people who aren't actually athletes

We played softball in PE and it was fun when you were batting and extremely boring any other time

>some

Catcher helmet cam.

Who cares young people suck the good ones already watch baseball

I mean everyone needs a glove vs just one basketball or what have you

People who are getting engineering degrees, law degrees, economics degrees, business degrees, medical degrees are busy taking electives that are useful to their careers.

Art majors, gender studies majors, English majors, underwater basket-weaving majors hate baseball because it’s american

I'm in law school and there are all of 2 people who care about baseball in my class. The rest are casual fans who'll go to an Astros game for a hotdog here and there, or simply don't give a shit

>retards actually believe this

You're also forgetting concussions are going to kill the NFL unless it goes flag or removing pads and helmets

I imagine you're talking young, thin people for ump positions, so we don't have old fat fucks deciding extra inning playoff games?

I live in Deer Park tx, and see kids playing home run derby and wiffle ball type games, but then again Deer Park is a baseball stronghold. State champs!

t. Dan lebetard

Make ESPN sign a retarded contract with MLB so they have to shill it endlessly.

Uhh baseball is for racist white men