Ok americans, what's going on with the grey states...

Ok americans, what's going on with the grey states? It's just because economical reasons or there is something underneath? Legit question.

Low population is generally the cause, not enough to support a competitive pro teams

These states still have university teams that are popular

Also Hawaii doesn't have pro teams because the flight from the east coast to Hawaii is 10 hours

Some of those states just wouldn't care to have a professional team. Especially when you consider states like Bama. Potato state could probably give less of a fuck.

No major cities in bumfuck nowhere. Just bitchin nuclear silo homes

grey state here. 2 minor league teams play here and both teams feed into the boston teams

Population.

New Hampshire and Alaska are some of the wealthiest states per capita but so few people live there it doesn't matter.

Nevada will soon have 2

Mostly as Said

Low population = Can't support a team properly

Wait, when did all those darker grey states have teams?

I can't find anything about nebraska ever having a pro team...

Handegg
>Cowboys

Basketball
>Mavericks
>Spurs
>Rockets

Baseball
>Astros

Why is Texas so Based?

Hartford Connecticut had the Whalers (NHL)

Omaha was the second home of an NBA team (the Omaha-Kansas City Kings).

northern New Hampshire here. We ski alot. UNH hockey is pretty big as are Canadiens. Boston sports are the goto, but I never really hear people talking about it.

Maine on the other hand is real red sox country.

What part of Maine are you in

>three teams in Washington state

Thank you for counting either the Storm or the Sounders.

pro sports are generally based in cities, with no regard for the state.

You’re forgetting >rags and Stars

This map doesn't include college sports which are arguably bigger here than pro sports

t. Illiterate hick whose fun includes fucking his sister
What shitty flyover you from faggot

>5 major sports

>tfw Virginia

what pro teams used to be in Iowa, Nebraska, Kentucky, and Rhode Island?
i know Connecticut had the Whalers

>tfw Delaware

Las Vegas has the Golden Knights (NHL team) now.

Also,

>Not knowing about the mole people out in the Dakotas or NM

Also consider OP that there are sizable sports that aren't team based, like NASCAR

>Rhode Island

I dunno about the others but RI had a NFL team from 1925-31 called the Providence Steamroller. They won the league championship in '28.

That map is pretty worthless. Other anons have pointed out how Nevada will have both a NHL and NFL team by '18. Ignoring AAA and Independent league baseball seems pretty arbitrary considering how many major league players rehab there. Also, ignoring certain college teams like Alabama handegg and Kentucky apehoop is silly because they're professional in all but name.

>5 major sports
Lol mls isn't a major sport here stop with that meme.

>he doesn't rate the WNBA

nevada is mostly flat and desert, and outside of Reno/carsoncity/vegas, theres very few cities of more than 50,000

Montana and wyoming are basically wilderness, and the cities there are few and in between.

The dakotas are just really unpopulated.

Iowa and nebraska are basically farmland, and besides their major cities, there's not much there otherwise.

New mexico, I dunno. I guess it just doesnt have something to compete with Phoenix

Arkansas/Miss/Bama dont really have reasons, I know for a fact they have a dedicated football fanbase. Louisiana is basically the same as those 3, but I guess Nawlins is big enough to get more teams

Not much in SC besides the comfy beaches

nobody wants to live in WV or kentucky

>devils
>giants
>jets

what's new jersey's fourth team?

nice trips and red bulls

The Kentucky Colonels were actually the most popular ABA team at the time and were supposed to go to the NBA in the merger. For some reason I forgot they were replaced by the Indiana Pacers.

Technically all the Washington DC teams may as well be part of Virginia. They're all within a two hour drive of 60% of the state's population.

What was the team previously based in South Carolina?

Panther's played their first season at Clemson, but they pretty much still represent both Carolina's as they're on the state line

Those grey states are really, really fucking empty, and certainly lack the necessary population to support a top flight professional team locally. I mean, Montana, for example is larger than Germany and barely has 1 million people in it.

This too, though Arkansas, Mississippi and Alabama are poorfag states full of rednecks and retired slaves, and they're more or less satisfied with their overpowered college teams.

>first post gives clear and concise answer to OP's question
>autists spend the next two hours replying with basically the same thing
>most don't even realize it's a b8 thread claiming soccer to be a major sport

>college teams are professional
wow guy

>low pop = can't support a team
>meanwhile rams attendance
>meanwhile chargers attendance
>meanwhile THIS is the state of the Pistons
But states like SC can have 2 college football teams average 80k attendance.

>5 sports

lmao yuros are so silly

>counting MLS as a major sport
Unironically top kek

Most gray states lack big population centers, are better served by massive cities in neighboring states, or just have very few people.

which major sport does minnesota not have? genuinely confused.

Miserable at baseball, has at least one good team in everything else.

Any pro sports team that would be here in potato
land would be full of LaTrinus Washington and
Chlamydius Davis etc and would be 100% imports.
So who the fuck cares if some kid from Alabama
beats some kid from Texas in my general area?

Yeah 5 times a year is easier to fill a stadium than asking for 20k 40 times including weeknights

Umm, sweetie, people are busy buying their boxes of Little Caesar's® pizza.

>5 major sports

are you counting MemeLS as a major league?

This. Baseball, football, basketball, hockey and golf?

Rhode Island

Birmingham would be the OKC of the NBA East in terms of small market & only game in town = support

>people dont go to see bad teams
>people go to see good teams
i think youre on to something

pretty sure soccer is more popular than hockey here in the United States

Then explain the Cleveland Browns', Sacramento Kings', Toronto Maple Leafs', and Miami Marlins' fanbases. Also, front-running and bandwagoning are both shit, and people who do them are shit.

no
have you ever been to bama?
no one gives a fuck about basketball around here.
the hawks could barely sell out a playoff game as the 1 seed a couple years ago, birmingham would have even less support.

I don't even know why state (Kansas) is marked as yellow.

I'm pretty sure the Chiefs and Royals both play and practice on the MO side of KC.

Revenue is all that matters my dude.

>living in the south
Ew

>the giants and jets are NJ teams
Please stop with this meme.

At the very least they should be counting the Giants and Jets and NJ and NY teams.

New York should have 11 teams then and NJ 2.

Nigga, fuck NoVa. Give me my own team to root for

>Nevada will soon have 2

wat.

Da raiders

And who else?

The Golden Knights

Pittsburgh checkin in
>penguins
>steelers
>pirates
>all dat history
Get shit on Philly

5 major sports? Wut?

>add purple on the legend
>doesn't use it on the map
>5 major sports
just from the get go that map is retarded

Autism

Rhode Island is not part of Maine

Sporting KC is a Kansas MLS team

I'm surprised Virginia doesn't have a team

Is there any soccer league in the united states that I recommend?

I'm looking for a soccer league, where there is at least one soccer team that is the only professional team to play in your city or state

a place where there is nothing of the NFL, nothing MLB, nothing NBA and nothing NHL.

where there is only soccer team

Michigan supports their team
Pistons just so happen to be the least popular and trash

mlels isn't major.

I think the major league soccer has to do an expansion to a city or state, without any professional team.

and thus have a place, where there is only professional soccer team in the MLS

my candidate cities would be

Albuquerque NM

Omaha NE

Honolulu Hi

Birmingham AL

Richmond or Virginia Beach VA

Anchorage Ak

Louisville Ky

Kansas City, Kansas has Sporting KC and nothing else in the state you autist

Missouri only has two. Unless you count kansas city teams but then kansas would have 0. So either way shit map

for me Kansas City does not count.

has to be yes or yes, a place in USA where only have professional soccer team.

I do not care if it's a lower division.

I just want a state where there is only professional soccer team

What is having severe autism like?

I just want a state in USA, where there is only professional Soccer team.

I do not care if it's a team of a much lower division.

I just want a state, where I only have professional soccer team

and I would not mind waiting years for the major league soccer to expand, to a state without any professional team

Quads of truth

There are tons of bad teams that get good attendance though in all sports.

No one lives there

Kansas here, what "major team" are you talking about? I mean I think there are some minor league teams in Wichita, but that's it not counting KU and K-State

>MLS
>major

one day there will be a state in the USA, where only have professional soccer team in Major League Soccer (MLS)

Kansas City KS, Does not count

If you are going to use the term "major sports teams" then you need to include college teams. ACC/SEC football and basketball are huge in the south. The University of Georgia football team is more popular than the Falcons, especially this year.

You'd have to compare the usl and nasl leagues to every other minor league sport. I'm gonna guess such a team doesn't exist anyway

It's called getting fucked over by the franchise system. No promotion/relegation does this shit to you.

>nobody wants to live in WV or kentucky
Too American for your tastes?

this image is out of date

lots of the grey states have minor league teams. there arent enough people living in those states to support a major league team and even if there was pro/rel they would never have the corporate support to be at the top. they would still effectively be a minor league team unless some oilniggers or chinks invest in them

virgin grey state vs chad colored state

>Baseball
>Basketball
>American football
>Soccer football
>????