Fuck... those fucking feels bro

Fuck... those fucking feels bro...
Now I feel guilty I pirated it and I will buy it in its most glorious edition whenever I can LORD ALMIGHTY

And fuck those cynical shits who memed a one second shot where a soldier screams shot from a slighlty weird angle to make it look like it was dumb. The battle sequences were goat.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desmond_Doss
vid.me/MT2z
is.Sup
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>a man with taste on Sup Forums
There's literally nothing wrong with piracy, btw.

>THERE'S A KNIFE IN MY FOOT, SARGE
That whole scene had me fucking laughing

Yes, loved these scenes too. Great camaraderie.

Thought they were some of the weakest scenes desu. Felt very campy and tropey.

Not every war movie needs to have "hilarious bootcamp nicknames and antics," especially serious movies. In my opinion, anyway.

It was literally two or three lines you nitpicking fag.

I meant most of the bootcamp scenes. Felt they were unnecessary.

I thought it was necessary for the bootcamp to establish him as a pacifist, and to establish a certain resentment within his squad, and that all the jokey bits and training were standard trope bullshit that weakened the film.

Felt like any other war movie in that regard, which is a weakness.

Also:

>how dare you critique a film on Sup Forums

You shouldve seen it in the cinema.
When the ships started shelling the ridge, and the battle that ensued. Absolute rumbling earkino.

I haven't seen many war movies so I can't deconstruct them, but I liked the contrast between training and the reality of war

He's not really a "pacifist" though. It's not against war.

But it's indeed more intelligent that good goy eastwood patriotism.

True, but I think the first act established that well enough. The movie, in my opinion, would be a little better if certain scenes were cut and it was shortened.

For instance, what was his motivation for being a pacifist? Because he hit his brother with a brick? Because his dad threatened his mom with a gun? They gave too many reasons. They really only needed to give one. Just a lot of unnecessary scenes in my opinion.

Because it's his fucking FAITH bro, it's the whole fucking point! And again, it's not about pacifism, but just not killing.

U felt wrong i think. Most of the audience was laughing during the bootcamp stuff.

Hugo Weaving was fucking robbed of best supporting actor nominations.

>That scene where he shows up in his old uniform they tell him to leave because he's not military

;_;

He self imposed rules were dumb anyway. Why didn't he just complete the rifle training? He picked up a gun later in the movie.

So that's another reason.

I'm not faulting the character himself, or the guy he's based on, I'm faulting Melly Mel and his focus on too many extraneous details.

The movie could have been a bit better.

I'll give you that the begining was maybe a bit too long (muh kiss sequence and all that).

It certainly was tropey, though. Sure it's funny, but I thought tonally inconsistent, unnecessary, and unoriginal.

Another cynical viewer. It was not about "just picking a rifle". The training was for shooting, not just holding the thing.

You finding his faith and principles "dumb" have nothing to do with the quality of the movie in itself.

Vince Vaughn was way better than I thought he would be when I first saw him

The battle scenes are probably the most intense I've seen in a big budget film. Almost hard to watch...

But the film was pretty by the numbers overall imo. An average war film, nothing more.

The score was particularly bad. No nuance whatsoever.

You have ask the late Doss for that. It's what happened IRL.

Production budget was 40m.

I liked one or two tunes.

What part of shooting at a target is against his principles? I can understand not wanting to hurt other people but why would the very act of pulling a trigger on a gun be against his faith? He could have saved himself a lot of trouble if he had just completed the training. It wouldn't mean he'd have to shoot anybody once he went into battle.

Yeah I thought the gun was going overboard

He picked it up to roll that blanket over it so he could pull the sergeant away

Completely agree.

The only war movie you have to see in order to see through Hacksaw Ridge is Full Metal Jacket. I highly recommend it.

Yes but that is not a plothole or film criticism, its just your befuddlement over this guy's motivations/moral code.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desmond_Doss

I never said it was a plothole. Just that I thought he was a dumb person. Nothing was gained from his code in that instance. I don't see why his conscious would be dirtied over the very act of shooting a gun for training purposes.

>Mel "I HATE THE BRITISH AND NOW THE NIPS" Gibson
>Picks a dude's torso up and using it as a shield whilst firing a 20 pound BAR with zero recoil or problem
>Ninja kicking a grenade and having it explode in everyone's faces without any kind of concussive problem

Man, fuck off. I understand MoH shit is crazy, but it doesn't defy the laws of physics and shit. Audie Murphy would've laughed his little ass off at this garbage.

>I don't see why his conscious
>conscious
Uh oh

>Surviving japanese soldiers accounted that their guns jammed when aiming for a certain medic at the ridge

Really makes you think

>MUH BAJAYSUS

Millenial cynical retard spotted. Get back to rogue one, son.

I haven't nor have any intention to see Rogue One. What is your point?

You know what other movie was this shitty? Windtalkers.

>Mel "I HATE THE BRITISH AND NOW THE NIPS" Gibson
My point is that you're talking bullshit, theres no hate whatsoever. Btw he fucking even cured a jap at one point, and tried to save some but we understand that the other us soldiers shoot them I think.

Your two other points are nitpicking "muh realism I know everything about warfare" bullshit, doesn't disqualify the quality of the kinography in itself.

>Braveheart
>Hates the English
>The Patriot
>Hates the English

They're not nitpicking, you dipshit. I've held a BAR. I am not a weakling, but it's difficult to hold with one hand. It's also difficult to pick up some guy's torso, run with it, shoot (accurately), and make sure the fucking Arisakas aren't shooting through the body.

How is that kino? It's fucking retarded is what it is.

>literally details
>torso is literally two seconds
You're one of those nitpicking dumbass who whine about not everything being perfectly realistic. You're painfully pleb, this is not movie reviewing.
The war sequences were tensed and effective as fuck, well paced and well shot.
So GTFO Rambo.

My God. The irony.

Btw, surely triggered anglo.
The eternal shitty anglo.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>Gibsonfags will actually defend this shit

Not at all.

Yes, thank you for perfectly illustrating what I was talking about in my first post, Shaun.

vid.me/MT2z

is.Sup Forums.org/gif/1484790779248.webm

Desperate samefagging. This over exagerated laughing hides very badly the despair of the loser behind it. May the Lord have mercy on your soul.

this was pretty bad

honestly, the film had several moments where my suspension of disbelief was being pushed a bit too far, but they were just moments and did not ruin my overall enjoyment of the film

Are you guys serious? That was one of the best things I've seen in a Hollywood movie.

>suspension of disbelief
When will Sup Forums stop acting like they what war was like, or what actually happened?

Is a guy hipfiring a BAR while carrying half a corpse unrealistic as fuck? Yes, but it doesn't destroy the movie. Its a 5 second clip and I fucking laugh at you people who make such a big deal out of it.

Even worse is when you autistic fucks bitch about the grenade kick scene - which actually fucking happened. They didn't even put some things in the film because of how ridiculous they would have seemed, although they actually happened.

>Yes, but it doesn't destroy the movie. Its a 5 second clip and I fucking laugh at you people who make such a big deal out of it.
>but they were just moments and did not ruin my overall enjoyment of the film
calm down friend

Wouldn't work, tho

Japanese rifle cartridges would have no problem penetrating a corpse and the guy behind it as well

More comic book than shocking horror of war

What are you on about?

>Don't criticize the film on the film board

>this is not movie reviewing, but

>the war sequences were well paced and shot

Fucking faggot

I don't care. I feel it was a good way to show how insane that character was. And that his luck eventually ran out later. He wasn't invincible in the end.

This is an anti-war movie isn't it?

Figure it out.
I expect a written apology once you do.

It's not even about suspension of disbelief like some of these posters are saying. Shit like that is just silly, is the problem. Even if it really happened (even though obviously it never would), it's hilarious. It's totally off-tone with the rest of the movie, which largely takes itself seriously (except for some of the bootcamp stuff, which was equally off-tone). How can you make a serious message about war when your idea of war is some campy godawful bullshit about picking up a corpse and using it as cover while charging the enemy?