Is this worth watching...

Is this worth watching? Reading the IMDB blurb it sounds like the structure of Lynch's Lost Highway so may be interesting.

Worth watching, but ultimately forgettable.

Some great ideas, but a not so well execution.

A decent passable movie but nothing more.

Literal masterpiece, my nigga Ford managed to juggle 3 timelines like a king. FUck the critics that call it superficial, time will place in the upper echelon

this

>but a not so well execution.

Like your grammar?

don't you mean to reply to this person

I enjoyed the gritty thriller scenes because of my fedora sensibilities but the Amy Adams part of the film didn't do much for me. I thought the framework was a good way to elevate the thriller aspects at first and that all of the characters in the script you'd be able to delve into and think about what they symbolize in the outside narrative but unless I missed stuff it didn't seem like there was much depth to it beyond the most obvious aspects like the murder representing his family leaving him and Jake regaining his challenged masculinity.

>*but not so well executed

There are you happy?
I can list what I think are the general filmmaking flaws that made it "not so well executed" if you are interested

It's a story within a story, a bit like No Country For Old Men (the fictional aspect set in West Texas, too). The challenge is to see how the fictional story fleshes out the much less spectacular "real" story.

I'm guessing that, same as NCfOM, a lot of viewers miss it entirely.

post dead daughter ass in 1080p brehs

>I can list what I think are the general filmmaking flaws that made it "not so well executed" if you are interested

It's a slow night...go ahead.

Was the daughter actually supposed to be Jake's daughter in the real world? I was confused by the part where she got an abortion even though you had seen Amy Adams make a call to the daughter you see in the script narrative earlier in the movie.

Agreed

>Amy and Jake are underutilised, Shannon and Johnson outshine them all (and it's certainly not because of Ford)
>Jake has an accent which he loses depending on the take (not the narrative)
>out of place bad editing between wide shots and close up's
>jarring color pallete difference between the two narratives that doesn't blend at all
>a lot of "I'm acting!" scenes and cheesy oneliners
>framing and composition of the landscapes felt like a film student trying to copy NCFOM landscapes
>all the night scenes have too bright obvious lighting like it's brightest moon in existence
>laughable phoneclip jump scare scene
>too on the nose symbolism with clues being literally spelled out in text form behind the characters

All these are meant between takes, not the two narratives. Except my color grading point, but I still stand by it.

The movie is filled with scenes where you "see" that it is an actor acting infront of a camera, just take a shot everytime Amy Adams character stops reading the book and looks at the ceiling all nervous and aggravated, you will be drunk halfway into the movie.

Quite apparent that Ford is first and foremost a fashion designer, not a film director.

Yes this is a pasta but I agree with it 100%

she aborted jake's baby but had a baby with the army hammer and the daughter in the script is supposed to represent the daughter she aborted

They did use the same actress though for the script daughter and Amy Adam's real world daughter? That was the part that I found confusing.

The only scene worth watching was when shit hit the fan when the fictional characters had their tire blown. I've never been so uncomfortable seeing sequences unfold and how utterly fucked someone was.

To pristine and "clean" to be great. It was a very very well directed soap opera

was it the same actress?

I thought it was when I watched it but I might be face blind.

It has style, it has substance, lacks pace.
Go watch it, it's good, not quite brilliant.

best director of all-time

I'm pretty sure it was. We were seeing the story as Amy Adams was picturing it. Obviously she didn't feel entirely connected as the wife because it didn't happen, so it's just someone that looks similar. She automatically imagines her real daughter in that situation though, which is why she calls her immediately after a certain scene.

That's my take on it, at least.