UNESCO World Heritage Sites

ITT: Post world heritage sites from your cunt

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tzompantli
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_spheres_of_Costa_Rica
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tajine?oldformat=true
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The centre of our capital

Those fucking sons of bitches only show the intact sides.

That's not a very good pic of the centre desu

What's that shit with the skulls?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tzompantli

Neat.

We don't have any.

what are those?

Nice boulders m8. Especially the one in the middle.

Our most newest one is the Lake District, which was given world heritage status a couple of months ago.

How many sites of your country have been declared World Heritage Site by Unesco?
>Spain
3rd of the world

i think 4
panama ruins, attacked by anglo filth pirate

old town

Those are the Díquis spheres
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_spheres_of_Costa_Rica
Kek

Næröyfjord, inbred water valley t.b.h

We have 34

43 listed, 4th place
I legit thought we were higher but the 3 above us deserve their place so doesn't matter
Here's one

Only 4
Area de conservación Guanacaste, Cocos Island (image),The Precolumbians Spheres of the Díquis and La Amistad International Park (with Panamá)

Too lazy right now to post many but this one is worth it

now post Carcassonne

Fuck yes
I live not far, if you ever have the opportunity I recommend you go see the fireworks of Carcassonne during July 14th, it's impressive

i was there weeks ago, i visited many part of Midi-Pyrénées like Albi, Toulouse, Cahors and tried to follow a route to see cathars monasteries and castles. It was nice but that week was a bit rainy

thats nothing
here you hace Segovia
A big castle, beautiful monastery, medieval wall, nice old city and a roman aqueduct

*have

We have our own qt St. Michael's Mount.

i still have to find a picture with all together

I've been to Segovia actually, as well as Toledo, during a high school trip
I didn't care about this kind of stuff as much then but the aqueduct really marked my memories

What was your favorite place ? Carcassonne is in Languedoc btw as well as many Cathars strongholds so I guess you didn't only go to Midi-Pyrénées

Ayy I've heard of this one, would definitely visit

Here's a nature UNESCO world site in France

Don't have any cool nature stuff Im aware of but we had culture n shiet

A 1000 year old castle in the middle of L O N D O N

Also what I loved in this are the stone carvings, rosace and stuff always hit the spot
Pic related a gate of Amiens cathedral which is UNESCO listed

about time too.

Humans for scale

That's a big archway.

Hard to find good pictures, but the whole thing is too big to fit in one anyway.

It's a big cathedral
However bad northern France can be sometimes, they knew how to build stuff

Oh they're bigger than I thought
How old are they ?

Not UNESCO but kinda related, in the "Vallée des Merveilles" in the Alps there are more than 40 000 stone carvings from the Bronze Age and older, they aren't very impressive by themselves (pic related) but they really add to the atmosphere of the place

Kakadu National Park, Northern Territory

Bronze age, I'm not sure exactly how old but I've read between 1800-500 BC. They're interesting because they're in such good condition. But we can only speculate what they're supposed to tell the viewer.

Fukken nice
I'm found of these things. We have many pre-historical cave paintings in France but due to their fragility and importance few are open for visitation.

>I guess you didn't only go to Midi-Pyrénées
Yep
>What was your favorite place?
i don't have one, all places are very nice.
months ago a was in provence...
Honestly france have beautiful places in the countryside, well cared villages and full of people but in the case of Spain... everything is getting old and with less people in the countryside the villages start to look like ruins (but still being interesting) .
the monastery of the pic is the Real Monasterio de Santa María de Guadalupe

>cathédrale d'amiens
hah, imagine when cathedrals had color

Yeah me too, and those Lascaux ones are aesthetic as fuck. They are iconic almost, it's what I instantly think of when I think cave paintings. It's also interesting to see the difference in artistic style.

we have some cave paintings, i heard that in this one the painters were related with the group of painters that were in france

Chauvet is impressive as well, Werner Herzog made a good documentary about it, Cave of forgotten dreams
They actually built replicas of the caves for people to visit. Not my thing tho

Also does Swrden really don't have nature related UNESCO sites ? With the Kungsleden and all you'd think it qualifies

Well to be fair we also have rural exode, although not as hard as it hit Spain. Some places like Dordogne are loaded with beautiful old villages perfectly well maintained because tourism is big, but some other places are poorer (like in the eastern Pyrenees) and villages start crumbling

El Tajin

well, do you have a village? when i was a kid we used to visit this one with the family, Pedraza.

Noice, I've been wanting to road trip the fuck out of Spain for a while now
I come from a 5000 town on the Med coast, it wasn't really a village and the area wasn't rural. Some cute ones around and some really beautiful in the mountains but not mine
However one I visited often is pic related, Saint-Guilhem-le-Désert

>Tajin

I'm hungry now

this is unironically a part of the French world heritage

Fuck I thought no one would notice
Delet

Better pic

Roman Walls of Lugo (Lucus Augusta)

"old zone" in Santiago de Compostela (cathedral included

very unpatriotic of you

this is world heritage too by the way

RARE.

Mount Vernon, estate of George Washington.

I wish that Corbusier got Trotsky´d

the city of Quito

it just shows how modern architecture is soullless and grows no historical value. the two things that humans appreciate the most: craftmanship and aesthetics, it desecrates them in the name of some supposed efficiency. calling that a historial heritage thus seems out of place. and due to its kinness to cheapshit, its atemporal at first sight.. only people who know le corbushit might distinguish it... maybe

?

Historic centre of Zacatecas

That's really fucking cool.

Almost missed that post, fuck they are elaborate

Whatever I think about maghrebis they have good food en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tajine?oldformat=true

Ah, hardly any sandniggers here compared to europe, only spics so was curious what you where talking about.

es seguro zacatecas? que más hay para ver alli

Countries with the most world heritage sites

He's not lying. Moroccan food is great.

WE

what about all that british shit colonies that u have on the east coast?

>red/pinkish bricks
reminds me of when i put the wrong clothes in the washing machine and they go reddish

Pues, la arquitectura de la ciudad, principalmente.

- Hay muchas minas de plata, una de las cuales fue convertida en un bar/antro/club (como le llamen en otros lados)
- Hay ruinas arqueológicas conocidas como "La Quemada"
- Cordilleras/sierras: "Sierra de Órganos", "Sierra de los Morones", "Valparaiso"

No conozco el lugar lo suficiente, la verdad, pero me parece que no hay mucho que hacer.
>es seguro
Supongo, rara vez escucho malas noticias de Zacatecas. Rara vez escucho cualquier cosa de Zacatecas, la verdad.

kek

Monuments in the city of Queretaro

Many cities in Mexico have a red/pinkish/purple looking bricks for some reason, each with a different tone, but red/pinkish/purple nonetheless. Morelia, San Luis Potosí, Zacatecas and even some buildings of Guanajuato.