Ok Sup Forums, riddle me this. Why the FUCK is this never talked about...

Ok Sup Forums, riddle me this. Why the FUCK is this never talked about? It is a near perfect masterpiece but no one ever says anything about it on here, it's never on any lists, and isn't even considered a classic.

Why?

i remember watching it and thinking there were issues
it couldn't have been a 10/10 masterpiece if not only i recall this but don't recall any of the particulars

Because Mann fucked up the ending by having a pussy nigger kill Based Vincent with some lucky ass point shooting while Vincent miraculously missed for the first time in the movie

It's talked about on here fairly often desu. Mann's best imo.

It's talked about fairly often newfag.

But I will tell you why I don't think it's the masterpiece you claim it to be: The movie is pretty much flawless for the first 3/4ths. But the ending was really the worst part and basically ruins the film. All semblance of tension breaks down and we're left with another generic "chase film" where characters behave irrationally (Vincent not immediately shooting Max in the office) and the ending that felt supremely tacked on in order to tie into a past conversation. Good movie other than that, but still...

It's been talked about quite a bit one summer. Don't know why.

Also in those 'nightcore' threads... wonder whatever happened to those

It's not even Mann's fourth best movie, that's why.

Also -- shit ending.

Hi newfaggola. In fact, it is talked about quite often, and is on lists as well (see operator kino, nightcore). I'm not sure how you define "classics," but I'm willing to bet many an user, myself included, would rate it favorably.

>Ok Sup Forums, riddle me this. Why the FUCK is this never talked about?

It's not very good.

No one cares about Tiny Tom Cruise.

Sup Forums literally loves this movie talks about it all the time and has a man crush on Tom Cruise. What the fuck ate you talking about?

Hey OP riddle me this.
Why are you such a newfaggot?

the_young_pope_trap_door_button.jpg

>He doesn't understand the point of Vincent's death

Vincent loved jazz and spends the entire movie talking about improvising and going with the flow in the style of a jazz musician. In the final gun fight though he's not improvisational, in fact he's extremely rigid, choosing to double tap his shots in a uniform manner. Jamie Foxx, by contrast, is improvisational in his shooting, just firing wildly. He gets lucky and manages to hit Vincent. Vincent was ultimately lying to himself just like Jamie Foxx's character was, he wasn't some great improvisational ad-libber, he was actually very rigid and structured in his actions.

Unfortunately, this is one of Mann's three films where he experimented with small format digital video and the look of the film really suffers. The other two are Miami Vice and Public Enemies. Small format digital sucks faggot dicks.

You really hit the nail on the head with the movie's problems, I hate how once Foxx's character shoots cruise in the head the movie switches tone and feels almost like a horror movie. Like they're being chased by Leatherface or something. I also hate how Cruise dies in the exact manner as the old man in his story, instead of in a parallel manner. It feels kinda cheesy and unbelievable to have it happen the exact same way.

thanks for reminding me about the shitty fucking ending plus everything leading up to the ending
it was pretty good and then it was so bad

The ending is so bad that I simply shut the movie off after the club shootout scene. I literally can't watch the ending from there because it's so fucking stupid.

OP you need to lurk moar, this movie is constantly been mentioned here. Other than the ending it's fucking great, and to be honest I didn't mind the ending the black dude got lucky and Vincent number was up, shit happens, the fact that an attorney just leave a body on a subway is more disturbing but by that point you've enjoyed quite a good movie so whatever.

Imo this is below Heat... could you list your favorite Mann movies above this one please.

Are you that asshole who loves to jerk off to Mann movies and did a 4 part post on that Thor-hacker movie?

Either way it's pretty good. Simply it does not pass the "watch more than once" test. Comfy action

This, plus I still can't get over the casting of Foxx. So many other actors could have done a better job with that part. Cruise was perfect and the movie had that normal awesome Mann atmosphere, then it completely fell apart in the last half hour. Still well worth a yearly watch.

>never talked about

fucking newcunts of neo-reddi/tv/

>guaranteed responses

Maybe it's just because I mainly watch movies on tv (HBO), but I find comfy action movies to have the best rewatch value of any genre. I've seen Miami Vice maybe six times, and every time its mad comfy.

Grey haired Tom Cruise is best on-screen Tom Cruise (Maybe a close second is his cameo in Tropic Thunder)

A nice recent companion film is John Wick if you want more gunplay.

nice racism bro, kill yourfuckingself

pay attention to the scene near the end when cruise and foxx walk into the building. The camera crew was so incredibly obvious in that scene from a reflection on the wall that it kind of took me out of the experience for a bit. Didnt notice it the first time, but once i saw it, i couldnt unsee it

I forgot Statham is in the beginning of this

Contrieved action movies are masterpieces now are they? Faggot. Literally every other Mann movie is better anyways.

>Why the FUCK is this never talked about?

>You serious? It's talked about all the time.

>It is a near perfect masterpiece but no one ever says anything about it on here,

Read above.

> it's never on any lists

"I haven't even done the most basic research before starting this thread."

> and isn't even considered a classic.

You're a fucking idiot.