/éire/

Literary edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kiMcX3Fa2Us&t=452s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Who else /Lit/ here?

>posts a girl with a book in her crest
Clever.

I'd like to read but my attention span is way too short. I've tried to read a few philosophy books and stuff but I never finish them.
I did really enjoy an audio book once though. The auto biography read by Cmdr Chris Hadfield.
It's actually very interesting. Don't think it would have been as interesting if I had just read it.
Really need to listen to more audio books but I'm not sure what I'd enjoy.
I much prefer to listen to things. It's why listening to music means so much to me.

I can't read.

>hear about book I want to read
>search for ages looking for a pdf of it
>find one
>read the first few paragraphs
>bookmark the tab
>say I'll come back to it
>never do

I just read Star Wars novels

What's /éire/'s favourite book?

Of the books I read in the past year, pic related.

Why do you like it?

He's a fanny-eyed nip in exile

Who was at fault for the famine /éire/?

The potatoes for rebelling.

The Palatines

Accounts of the Japanese military's perspective of the Pacific campaign of WW2 are somewhat rare due to the destruction of documents by the Japanese authorities towards the end of the war. Hara was one of the highest ranking members of the IJN to survive the war and he served right through the war from start to finish. The book is very insightful into the critical errors the Japanese military made in the Pacific and the indefatigable hydra that was the US Navy.

>indefatigable

lol nerd

Most likely because she's a dangerous spider. I used to be terrified of spiders but I've been conditioning myself ever since that spider crawled into my ear and is slowly digesting my brain with her juices for the inside.
Spiders are great, really!

We had a small patch of potatoes planted this year and they caught blight. My brother looked it up and found the best thing to do was tear off the parts of the plant affected and hope for the best, this seemed like a good idea since only the fringes of some leaves looked infected anyways. Our father however assured us that it should be left alone and the plants will power through it. Needless to say, they didn't.
I am very thankful we live in an era where we buy most of our food and don't have to rely on my father's farming skills.

self harmed again lads
parents are crying again lads
brothers a drug dealer again lads
snorted washing powder off my notepad again lads
t. walter mitty /éire/ edition.

When the spider is done taking full control of your brain, it's welcome to write me and exchange some thoughts with me
Were in interested in those things before the shipgirls came along or did that spark your interest?

It's a word I only know of because of pic related.

you instead of in

>Were in interested in those things before the shipgirls came along or did that spark your interest?
I've been interested in WW2 for as long as I can remember, but shipgirls did rekindle my interest in the naval aspect. Certainly helps with remembering ship names and classes.

>it's welcome to write me and exchange some thoughts with me
What would you like to know?
Do you ever wonder what spiders and insects are thinking or feeling? I know they're not as sentient as us but they must feel or think something. Do they hear? What must that chitin body of goo and fluid sound like to them. That book lung expanding and contracting.
What do all animals feel? Was looking at some cows lying down in a wet rainy field the morning of the all ireland and I was thinking myself they don't even know what day it is, they look so relaxed and calm. What are they feeling?
I have this impression that spiders are always in this angry defensive mode. Like they're filled with nothing but hate and aggression but I know thats probably not true, at most it may be defensiveness and occasional hunter mode.
A lot of what we think spiders think has to do with how they look. Like people generally portray daddy long legs as being docile gentle creatures.

I have brain damage desu.

think i prefer spider girls to boat girls.

Any of you ever considered joining the army?

You're asking a lot of questions lately.
To answer your question, I've considered it but quickly realised it would be a terrible idea.

how do you encourage a poo lads?

this Have considered it and even fantasized about it but I know for a fact I wouldn't fit in amongst such a group of people at all.
Eat more fibre. Stop eating nothing but carbohydrates and junk foods.

>You're asking a lot of questions lately.
Well someone has to keep the thread going
Wondered whether my dog knows my name once

Why do you even bother posting here anymore? There's only socially inept mentally deficient animefaggot posters left posting here anyway it's pretty embarrassing. Delete yourselves.

>some cows lying down in a wet rainy field
Any cows I've seen tend to hang around the edges of the field when it's raining so the trees would shelter them.

Too much fibre can constipate you. Sweets are more likely to give you diarrhea than anything else.

Reminder that the Republican Army is the only true Irish army. The "official" one is filled with individuals from blueshirts families who have served since the Civil War days.

>Too much fibre can constipate you. Sweets are more likely to give you diarrhea than anything else.
Going to need a source on this fake information.

>go on Sup Forums
>ERPing prison gays ruining anime images for everyone by spamming them while writing gay text
>go to Sup Forums
>same shit in trap threads
>go to /r9k/
>same shit
>go to /bant/
>same shit
>go to Sup Forums
>same shit
>etc
When will this meme finally die? The embarrassing part is I've seen what these men look like and it is not fucking "cute" or "like one of my Japanese anime." Anime posting used to mean something and now it is a sign of prison gayness. So tired of ugly men LARPing as anime girls and ruining anime posting for the rest of us.

I actually really like the idea of being in the air force but I'm worried that my eyesight might not be good enough.

>someone has to keep the thread going
You seem to be asking at an increased frequency lately.

>Wondered whether my dog knows my name once
I know our dog knows our cat's name because if you say it she comes running and barking. I think it's jealousy when she thinks the cat's getting food and she isn't.

I don't see these threads nearly as often as you seem to. Maybe you have a knack for finding them.

I don't think they actually know your name as such, or even their own name. I think they just register a specific sound or verbalised word to indicate them to do something. They associate the sound of your name with seeing you maybe? That sounds stupid as fuck because I guess thats essentially knowing their/your name in a round about way.

They are always on Sup Forums and /r9k/ every single day, it's hard not to see them.

>/r9k/
Found the problem

I ignore threads like those since I know they'll get deleted soon and I've grown tired of walking to the router.

Reading about other peoples misfortune is fun though.
Wish this and the BLACKED fad would die out already desu.

Lux whats your all time favourite anime?

>USA gives you a (You)

Not really into anime so I don't have one
Probably Father Ted

>Reading about other peoples misfortune is fun though
I just find it draining after a while, especially since it's hard to tell what's real and what's made up for replies.

>Wish this and the BLACKED fad would die out already desu
Mise freisin.

happy st paddys day

>Oh no, my boipucci is ovulating. What do?
Truly the greatest of boards

Oh. I thought you were a weeb too? I'm actually very disappointed right now. Like I've lost a friend.

Absolute fucking state of these people right now.

Already am.

Howya lads?

Get an eye test

You're only enabling them.
>but I'm worried that my eyesight might not be good enough.
This mindset alone is why you will never be in the air corps.

Don't like associating myself with any particular group on here and like to stay neutral

Gold and power mostly

I'm heading to Cork next week for training but I'll have a couple days free. Is there anything interesting to do?

>keep feeling like I'm about to sneeze
>don't

I closed my game and literally this happened to me when I read you post.

Thread's on life support, lads.

why do Electric Ireland hire Nigerians exclucively??

What's Electric Ireland again?

They provide the electric, in Ireland.

Gimmick power company that charges you more in the long run than the ESB.

Maybe it's a Dublin thing. And by "Dublin", I mean Wicklow.

Thought it had something to do with the Electric Picnic in Laois

I need something entertaining to do tomorrow night and I'm not really sure what. I was kind of banking on a streamer I like being live but I realise that it's very unlikely they will when I want them to be.
Night might be ruined if I have nothing fun to do.

>tired all day
>now fully awake

The only streamer I like streams very irregularly and when he does it's in the middle of the night because timezones.

Must be something fun to do on a friday evening,take a look at your local newspaper tomorrow maybe you'll find some interesting new festivity
Alternatively,make more OC

Yeah same. The main ones I like do that. One finishes up around 9pm, the other starts sporadically at 4am most mornings. Another one is going to be live but on fridays he streams shit games so I don't want to watch him.
Maybe I'll revert to playing TF2 or something. I could watch a movie but I don't find that as interactive and entertaining as streams.
With streams and alcohol its like hanging out with friends and having fun with chat you know?
>interesting new festivity
a what now?

A Club or a Party,it's friday

I don't want to leave my room sorry.

>follow Josie on Tumblr
>now have to see her not even attempt to challenge the ludicrously ignorant claim that a group dedicated to protecting innocent American law enforcers from violent terrorist thugs is "shitty"
It's hard being a non-brainwashed Josie fan, boys.

>Alternatively,make more OC
I don't have any ideas left and I don't want to force it. None of the things I scribbled down on my notepad document seem very good looking back. Oh well, the ideas'll come probably. At least we got the map done.

>Oh well, the ideas'll come probably. At least we got the map done.
Now we must make a map of greater detail. First all the parishes of Irish, then all the townlands.

>now have to see her not even attempt to challenge the ludicrously ignorant claim that a group dedicated to protecting innocent American law enforcers from violent terrorist thugs is "shitty"
I'm trying to make sense of this sentence.
>using tumblr
stop
>following this josie girl
stop

good advice lads

youtube.com/watch?v=kiMcX3Fa2Us&t=452s

>making a girl for every parish GAA team in the country

Good Luck with that

We could still use rugby girls at least.

Fair point,have fun

Not a fan of rugby or soccer desu.

tl;dw

Football (what you call soccer) will always be the dominate sport in this country

Oíche mhaith.

>all the parishes, then all the townlands
Impossible for any group of artists to do alone, but it reminds me of that anime avatar generator that was spammed about on Sup Forums a month or two ago. Anyone have the link, looks like I never saved it?
Perhaps we could use that and maybe find a website listing club colours and crests and combine the two together somehow. Mass produced GAA girls.

I quite like both sports,why don't you like them?

>Oíche mhaith.
I haven't seen your posts as often. Are you busy with work?

>Perhaps we could use that and maybe find a website listing club colours and crests
I don't know is there a list, I don't think there's much information about local GAA clubs to begin with. Even figuring out how many there are or what areas their collective parish covers would be a huge hassle.

Sleep wellwell

Hurling > Football > Rugby > everything else >>> sewer diving > s*ccer

if that's true why do I see so many celtic shirts walking around north and south

you love it really

>Football (what you call soccer) will always be the dominate sport in this country
Why is the LOI so shit then?

most people dont care and bandwagon liverpool or man utd

>Are you busy with work
Not really.
>is there a list
Most counties I'd say would have some random site or wiki page that lists club colours at least.

>the Dub is the soccer fan
Pottery.

It's my birthday today lads.

You're old now.

Happy birthday!

If you think the vast majority of Wicklow is in anyway affiliated with Dublin you likely have no clue about Ireland and probably aren't Irish.

Nice deflection, Dub-lite.

>Most counties I'd say would have some random site or wiki page that lists club colours at least.
You'd be surprised. I don't think any random autist cares enough to compile this information and I doubt the local clubs themselves really care.

Lá breithlá shona duit! You mean today as in within the past hour right?

What is the general feeling towards Brits in ROI these days? Is there still animosity, or is there a more relaxed attitude?