CONAN

After 40 years of living, no filmography high or low, made a greater impact in my life and continues to have, as picrelated.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=onGWF8mz1Zw
youtube.com/watch?v=3bh63oQKdus
youtube.com/watch?v=ZeZL2R9jDJM
youtube.com/watch?v=RvQE4Vt6biU
youtube.com/watch?v=gR7KfKlErwk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

And yet you still don't understand the riddle of steel.

oldfag

truth in this thread old man

Fucking masterpeice

>mfw I was allowed to watch it when I was 7

it ... is ... a ... masterpiece

misogynistic garbage

Beats being one of the fish, I guess.

Nice score by Basil Poledouris.

the fuck are you saying, the most empowering women I ever met on screen was Valeria

Look at you, fish. You dumb. You a dumb fish.

>Nice
epic really

I don't get this user

dumb fishposter

Tell us about your life, old man.

it's not time to make a change just relax take it easy
you're still young that's your fault there's so much you have to go through
find a girl settle down if you want you can marry
look at me i am old but i'm happy

Is it another shit like Excalibur?

>excalibur
>shit

Now THIS is bait.

Conan isn't a very good movie. It's got a cool soundtrack and swole young Ahnold is fun but it's kind of boring and cheap. The pace is all over the place and Conan doesn't really have a proper narrative structure to what he's doing. He just kind of roams around killing stuff before deciding to kill Snek Lord.

No. But I imagine OP is one of those faggots who thinks he's as rugged as a 19th century coal miner because because he could appreciate Master and Commander.

no, its a lot better. john boorman is shit, john milius is best john

the real riddle is how they made this movie so comfy.

you know shit, the movie is perfection due to Arnold. A simpleton doofus made of muscle and strength that utters in a strange dialect, a naive man-child blessed with power, which only desire in the outside world is in his need for vengeance.

I imagine OP to be a construction worker

>Conan isn't a very good movie. It's got a cool soundtrack and swole young Ahnold is fun but it's kind of boring and cheap. The pace is all over the place and Conan doesn't really have a proper narrative structure to what he's doing. He just kind of roams around killing stuff before deciding to kill Snek Lord.

The errors in that statement just goes to show that you're either a retard, or pretending to be one.
I bet you enjoy the films of Wes Anderson.

I wish I could make my own conan movie. full of beasts, boobs, and blood. A real manly piece of work.

>first saw Conan when I was young enough to be the same age as Conan in the beginning when his village is burned and he's chained to the wheel with all the other little kids
>first saw Terminator when I was even younger
>Arnold coming back in time scared the shit out of me, my dad would tell me when he was my age he was scared of the flying monkeys in Oz
>watched True Lies at a young age too
>would watch Predator with my cousins and little brother who were all around our age and would act out the movie
>got my tonsils out the summer before 2nd grade
>dad goes out to pick up stuff to cheer me up
>ice cream mostly, some video games, Donkey Kong, Super Mario
>cherry on top was Commando on VHS

My childhood was great. Watching Arnold movies when most kids were watching Disney movies.

A construction worker would be manly enough to understand Conan the Barbarian

this guy
is just some kind of numale, or possibly even a woman

why doesn't OP understand Conan?

WHAT

IS BEST IN LIFE

The things I would do with a blockbuster budget. Maybe make it an HBO series instead so it's longer and I can tell more stories. And I can really go hard with the gore and the violence and the sex without being afraid of the vaunted R rating that is a blockbuster killer apparently.

I would immediately cast Alexandra Daddario, as Belit, Queen of the Black Coast, and Antje Traue as a warrior queen. Fill the rest of the female cast out with the likes of Hendricks, Elle Fanning, Shipka and some other top tier waifus that are escaping me atm.

The only real question is who is worthy of playing Conan? Who has the size and chops to pull it off?

Name me a better film OST

youtube.com/watch?v=onGWF8mz1Zw

Protip: You can't

some faggot was raving about the soundtracks for Harry Potter and SW. Going on about how great John Williams is. I said Williams doesn't even watch or care about the movies he scores. Besides Poledouris blows the fuck out of everyone else and Conan the Barbarian OST reigns supreme. He didn't have anything to say, I don't think he's even seen Conan. He was a numale.

>Protip: You can't

I'm well aware

youtube.com/watch?v=3bh63oQKdus

>not just posting the entire thing

Crom!

youtube.com/watch?v=ZeZL2R9jDJM

Also, why is the best scene the ritualistic orgy and Conan and co raiding it?

>dat music
>dat human soup
>dat brutal combat

nah, listen to this;

Ep 1. - Conan rules his kingdom and has a son. The night that happens he and his female are betrayed and 'possibly' killed (we don't know by whom), the kid is taken and sold of into slavery.

Ep. 2 - Wheel of pain for Conan's son. He knows nothing about his past except the one thing, the mark of the kidnapers that sold him.

Conan - played by Arnold
Son - this guy youtube.com/watch?v=RvQE4Vt6biU

heres my idea that people seem to like

>Conan is old king who knows his time is up soon
>he must choose an heir, but his two sons are pieces of shit
>One is a typical spoiled brat, who thinks himself a great general despite never fighting and just dressing himself up in the most expensive flashy armor and who has the respect of none of his people
>Conan realizes he will waste his armies on pointless wars and will ruin his empire with his autism
>his other son is a hedonistic coward who just waste all of his fathers money of women and wine, and also so people will like him
>Conan realizes this pussy will party his kingdom away and will get steamrolled by his enemies
>but Conan finds out his has another basterd son from years ago
>Conan secretly puts his bastard through various trials and test to see if he is truly worthy
>his legitimate sons find out about this and conspire to kill him
>now, this simple peasant boy must battle armies and face monsters and warlocks in order to continue the greatness of his fathers kingdom and ascend to the throne

SON OF CONAN

fuck man, this is perfect casting. would watch him

p good, p good, I've also been mulling this over

>King Conan
>Arnold's irl sons with Skeletor play the legitimate sons of Conan
>they aren't worthy of their father's crown and thrown
>lazy and degenerate, they engage in all kinds of shit
>partaking in black lotus, perfumed fembois, Set worship
>Conan does not want to let them inherit his claim
>one day a warrior shows up at the gates of Tarantia
>claims to be the bastard son of Conan
>King Conan has the boy brought before him
>the bastard is played by Arnold's irl bastard son with the mexican maid
>Conan's true born sons begin plotting and scheming to kill the bastard and their father and probably each other and take the throne
>the city is thrown into a frenzy of slaying and bloodletting and conspiracy
>it echoes Arnold's IRL sons being unworthy of his legacy and the bastard boy is his true heir

I knew I never should have posted my idea here months ago

the guy playing Hercules in that clip, is how I could imagine Conan, or his son. He even resembles Arnolds own son, just more primal and tougher.

your idea sucks

Such a good song, the only contender is the main title for Conan the destroyer
youtube.com/watch?v=gR7KfKlErwk

also, I dont know if there is a rule on this board to not compare Lord of the rings with anything because it would be unfair. The only logical explanation I can think of.

>Arnold's bastard
>strong fatherly bond
>has the physique
>the face
>the jaw
>strong resemblance
>has that fire that Arnold had, that his trueborn sons lack

this kid was literally born to play the Son of Conan

>King Conan with his IRL sons and bastard is a shitty idea
>so shitty someone turned it into pasta

ur a faget m8 neck urself

Son of Conan, no need to cast someone else.

He's already there, just needs some more 'wheel of pain'

Go to bed Riad

If only he was a little bit taller, but its ok because Arnold has shrunk with age so it wouldn't be too noticeable, plus camera tricks would make up the rest of it

I came up with that idea on my own though.

is it possible two anons, separated entirely by time and space, could conceive of the same idea, simultaneously, on their own?

>...is it possible two anons, separated entirely by time and space...

user, we are all one