>don't know the difference between effect and affect
>don't know the difference between simple past and past perfect
>don't know the difference between adjectives and adverbs
>don't know the difference between genitive and plural
>don't know how to spell common words
>don't know where to set commas or any other punctuation rules
>unironically say "should of"

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/int/search/text/don't know the difference between there, their and they're/
cs.utah.edu/~gback/awfgrmlg.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Be native Spanish speaker
Don't know the difference between
>Tú
>Vos
>Usted
>vosotros

>there, their and they're
yeah
>your, you're
sure
>were and we're
that doesn't happen that much
>[who, whom], [whose and who's]
only like this
>then and than
sure
>to and too
these are technically the same word, just like das and dass in German
>of and off
these words sound different. only non-natives confuse these
>lose and loose
although these words sounds different, many natives are unaware which is sad
>effect and affect
a meme
>simple past and past perfect
are correctly used by natives even if they can't explain wtf these things are
>adjectives and adverbs
not a mistake, that's how the English language is. well, outside of replacing "well" with "good" but natives realise it's just slang
>genitive and plural
the apostrophe? as if Germans don't
>don't know how to spell common words
happens to all
>commas
are not as rigid in English
>"should of"
that's how "should've" sounds, you mong

>are correctly used by natives
>I should have went to xyz
I hear native speaker saying this 3 times a day on average

>You played good
>slang
sure

>that's how "should've" sounds, you mong
Oh really? Tell me more please... Let's just use different words for stuff we intend to say, no matter how stupid or utterly uneducated we sound, because why not...

>as if Germans don't
I don't think this thread is about Germans, though...

>be german

>be german

>be german

>be german

>be german

>tú
Informal
>vos
Classical formal term
>usted
Current formal term
>vosotros
Current plural of the 2nd person

>Learn German to a B2 level
>Still finds 'der, die, das, den, dem, denen' irrelevant.
Half the time I'd slurr it to sound like 'd' or de' and they still understand you.

If you keep learning this way, you'll be having have some serious problems that will be way harder to unlearn again

I didn't mean 100% of the time. I have a decent grasp of the genders and cases, but the adjective endings still confuse me and I have to improvise or just guess.

You should ask people to correct you on each mistake, even if it's annoying...

of course they will understand you even if you use random endings. you will just sound funny. but that's how most foreigners speak german

>desuarchive.org/int/search/text/don't know the difference between there, their and they're/
>be butt blasted kraut
>make this thread every day

What a sad and pathetic life you lead Orhan

I like being corrected while speaking a foreign language. I just hate having that clueless look while saying uhh uhh....it's embarrassing. There is always one word in a sentence I don't know that fucks my brain.
Lel I probably sound like a dumb ass. I am pretty advanced to the point where I can survive well, but some dialects....

You autistic, Germandroid, I already told your swampy ass in another one of your copies of this stupid fucking thread why. Go to the archive and find it there. Then come back and take a nice taste of my aerosolized cheese burger from dinner because we all know you krauts like scatology.

"whom" is antiquated and has not been used in colloquial speech in over 100 years. It should no longer be taught and it's usage should be discouraged.

It's a daily reminder thread :DDDD

>his, her, its
it's = it is
he's = he is

>be native english speaker
>know instinctively that nobody cares

i knew a german marrried to an american lady. she lived in germany for like 5 years and she seems very fluent, has a good vocabulary, etc.
but according to him, her german is very broken so she basically either slurs the endings or use random endings or just drop them whatsoever. it is really almost impossible for adults to learn to speak proper german.

says whom?

Dude, 'whom' is refined speech, and is a relic of the English case system. Simplified language is not something to be celebrated. Just like in German how the Genitive case is slowly dying off. Not cool.

who cares. you seem triggered

See, you get my point. German is a great language, but damned impossible to speak correctly.
I am reminded of Mark Twain's opinion of the German language. An interesting read desu.
cs.utah.edu/~gback/awfgrmlg.html

It's a simple filtering mechanism, though. I immediately see if someone you've just met is educated or not.

Btw, using "tuen" (to do) in combination with verbs like in English is considered baby speech in German. I'm not even kidding.
>Ich tue lesen
>I do read (literal translation)
This is how languages evolve...

>der dativ ist dem genitiv sein tod

*You can immediately see

This happens when people don't correct others if they make mistakes. Or people being too scared to ask...

good points but this one just just silly. how can you confuse these two
> vermiethen (to let, to lease, to hire); and the word verheirathen (another way of saying to marry). I heard of an Englishman who knocked at a man's door in Heidelberg and proposed, in the best German he could command, to "verheirathen" that house

Never have like that verb 'tuen'. It seems elementary.
Yeah that is a careless mistake, and kinda funny.

have you ever tried helping someone by correcting their mistakes? that's hard work. i wouldn't ever feel comfortable asking anyone to do that unless he is a paid teacher.

if you're constantly making mistakes, it's probably not worth the time and effort of being corrected all the time. I have no problems correcting non-native speakers if they don't feel bad about being corrected.

just sound out the endings nigga, any kind of ending, just make it clear, that's the trick