Remind me again why Sup Forums + internet community hate this?

Remind me again why Sup Forums + internet community hate this?

I thought it was fucking excellent.

Really put the "Wars" back into Star Wars.

me too

2nd half was guuuud

The entire internet doesn't hate this. Some people just don't like it when other people like things.

I liked it more than any other SW film. It wasn't without its flaws, but at least the supporting characters I found interesting enough to want to see more of, which is more than can be said for the shit we got in TFA.

I liked the grittier tone it had, and for once we got to see the empire empire-ing.

Yea it was really good, i liked it, pretty well received here too

I liked it, had more of a Star Wars feeling than Force Awakens.

>guuuud
faggot

fu niguuur

is there a proper torrent out yet?

dont care about chink subs as long as it's not a camrip

This was a better prequel than the actual prequels

the brequels were bretty guuuud

Actually looking and feeling like a lived-in galaxy helped a fuck ton.

No 50s diner scenes or fuzzy CGI backgrounds to take you out of it.

I literally don't understand how people could enjoy tfa more than rogue one

I know enjoyment of things is subjective

But

Come on

RLM told them it sucks and they had to agree because they're the experts on star wars

this sith makeup is pretty good

I also liked R1 more but I can honestly understand if people felt more invested in TFA's characters. They had more moments and interpersonal dialogue than R1, which was more about getting from one scene to the next.

>luke, did I ever tell you about my friend dexter jettster? He had four arms and a ran a 50's space diner on coruscant. He was a good friend.

I don't know TFA characters were more cartoony, I did like no homo pilot and black man but there was still something slightly off about them

BUNNY
U
N
N
Y

I think they were clunky at times but at least we kind of knew what they were about.

I kept wishing I knew more about blind dude and rapidfire guy or even some deeper lore development for Mon Mothma. She was basically the same character we saw in RotJ with no new info.

CGI Tarkin had more development than the whole team combined.

i've not watched force awakens nor rogue one nor was i particularly interested in star wars originally
should i bother watching

I liked it, but it's far from excellent. The first 40 or so minutes don't even feel like a Star Wars movies and they introduce too many characters that end up being way underdeveloped and basically completely pointless.

On the other hand the third act is great and I like the generally darker and more serious tone compared to other SW movies, and the movie has excellent photography all around, it's visually gorgeous especially those landscape shots whenever they land on a new planet. Also while a lot of people complain about the plot being yet again about the Death Star, at least it's an original story and not a literal remake of ep IV like TFA was. And the scenes involving the Death Star destroying shit were superb.

So basically it suffers a bit from pacing and characterization issues but has great entertainment and audiovisual value, which at the end of the day is what Star Wars is all about.

nice essay nerd

Would you prefer five or six short lines of greentext? Would that be easier for you to process?

Don't talk shit fatboy
or else

its popular so its bad

what's so hard to understand?

I think it is the worst star wars movie and the only part I liked was the first third. I guess I grew out of Darth Vader and ATATs when I was 10.

I liked it ok, but the characters were kind of generic. They all died anyway though so it doesn't matter.

nope

Jenny did a good rundown as to why it's not that great and I can't argue with her points. I still liked it though

>learning from a woman

No characters
The only interesting parts were the BIG BOOMS and BIG SPACESHIPS GOING BOOM but that's not what I want when I watch a Star Wars movie.
It could have as well been a generic war movie, it wasn't a star wars movie, just an action movie with "HEY REMEMBER THIS FROM THE MOVIES" references

No fuck you, they were sterile soulless shitfests

wrong again

>Remind me again why Sup Forums + internet community hate this?

Because

>fanservice in TFA, despite taking place three decades after ROTJ
YAYYYY RIGHT IN THE NOSTALGIA, IT FEELS JUST LIKE STAR WARS!

>fanservice in R1, being sensible since it takes place literally seconds before ANH
UGGH THIS SUCKS, CAN'T THEY COME UP WITH ANYTHING NEW? STOP PANDERING

>Remind me again why Sup Forums + internet community hate this?
what? they keep sucking her dick all over like it's another ESB no less

I liked it until RLM bullied me

>her dick

It was okay.

Objectively, however, it was way better than TFA.

The prequels were shit m8

That's why all the new SW movies have pretended that they never happened

Except Smits literally showing up in R1.

Because you're a disneymarvel retard, the lowest common denominator. You unironically like shit.

>t. 15 years old

>at least it's an original story
How "the story of how a group of revels steal the Death Star plans" is original? You know how it ended.

>but has great entertainment and audiovisual value, which at the end of the day is what Star Wars is all about
What about well developed and charismatic characters?

>hasn't aged since Ep. 3 even though it takes place like 30 years later

>Obi Wan is old as fuck at this point

Rogue One is only superficially different but is so heavily reliant on the original film and hamfisted nostalgia callbacks it has no ground to stand on its own

TFA is superficially similar to ANH, but is actually reliant on telling a new story focused on new characters.

Only plebs say Rogue One is """"original""""

>Death Star is already like halfway built at the end of Ep. 3

>That's why all the new SW movies have pretended that they never happened

it's better than TFA, the final battle gave me chills throughout the last third