Does Sup Forums like it?

Does Sup Forums like it?

yes

Whenever someone says "list ONE show that does this" you can almost certainly put down the x-files desu

I think it actually invented half of the tropes people post in those threads

The original. Not the remake.

It doesn't go anywhere with the aliens

Later seasons are pretty shit

The best episodes are some of the best tv I've seen, but I think the average episode quality is pretty overrated, and all the great build up that is still great in a bubble goes nowhere. It's really disappointing that even by season 4 you can see it going off the rails with bees and clones and bounty hunters

only the motw episodes desu

I love the first few seasons. I think the alien stuff should have ended in the first film though - after that point it was extremely tedious. I wish they'd had a scene with Mulder and Scully actually meeting an alien. Maybe they did, I gave up during season 7.

It's my favourite show, so yeah.

Scully: "Yes Mulder, I know you're pretty much right every episode about all the bizarre shit we run into, but I'm still going to remain skeptical EVERY SINGLE TIME!"

dude aliens ayy

What remake?

he means the mini series that came out last year

I love it, but it's undeniable it took a turn for the worst in the second half of the show. Mulder is one of my favorite characters of all time.

Some people can't handle their illusions getting shattered.

I've loved it since I watched it when it came out.

Yes I'm old.

I rarely see XF threads, though when they are up, they're usually quite fun. Same goes for The Wire and Generation Kill.

Yeah these shows have passionate fans.

True, although it's quite painful to see The Wire getting called "le nigger propaganda", even though it's far from it, but enough of digressions. What's everyones favorite episode of the show? Mine would certainly be Die Hand Die Verrletzt, because I was quite into occult things as a kid, I partially still am interested in it, atmosphere and directing was quite good, and I liked the ending twist.

>What's everyones favorite episode of the show?
Mine was also Die Hand Die Verrletzt. I loved a lot of the mythology episodes, but I can't remember which are which anymore. If I ever got the time I'd rewatch The X files again.

I remember watching the season 2 finale and thinking it had partly alleviated my hangover. Fantastic episode.

Why hate the remake?

Not sure what my favorite is. When I was a kid it was Kill Switch because I was that kind of a kid. My favorite ones now are the comedy ones, and maybe Agua Mala.

Mythology episodes were the shit most of the times, especially in the earlier seasons. I'm currently doing a re;watch and I'm on season 5, and it makes my depressin more tolerable. I think Mulder had, for the better or worse, quite an influence on me as kid and he still does to a certain degree.

Is that the episode with the hacker girl? That's a solid one.

THE
TRUTH
IS
OUT
THERE
U

This is a show that lives better in my memory.

List ONE (1) show that is X-Files. Go ahead, I'm waiting

Excuse me? I thought they were done with that last season?

Yeah the hacker one, I loved everything about computers and hacking back then. I later started reading William Gibson's books without knowing he had worked on that and First Person Shooter.

i never bothered with the new season. i watched the first two episodes and just couldn't take it, i thought it was awful. i think x-files is best left in my memories to be honest.

however, can someone just spoil the season for me? how does it end? do we get anything resembling answers to anything?

That was me, only with that one film "Hackers" I think it was, with Angelina Jolie.

I've only started season 5 and skipped around a bit, but my faves so far
>Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose
>Paper Hearts
>The Host
>the two-part train Myth episodes
>Die Hand Die Verrletzt
>Small Potatoes
The myth episode with the filling cabinets in the mineshaft has the most amazing shot in the show (the aliens running past Scully in the dark) but I don't remember if the whole episode was as good, or what the rest of the plot was. I guess that sums up most myth episodes though

Why does that say 15? Wasn't there an 18 rated episode?

>Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose
This episode was quite fun, I really liked him as a character, even though it was quite brief.
>Paper Hearts
One of my favorite episodes, probably because I love Mulder so much. This episode and Oubliette made me feel for Mulder to the point of crying.
>The Host
I liked the monster's design, but the episode itself didn't do much for me. It was okay.
>the two-part train Myth episodes
I really liked this one, too.
>Small Potatoes
Haha, this episode was hillarious, especially the ending.
That shot was certainly great, although I wouldn't say it was the best, but it was definitely among best.

scully needs a good shaking from time to time but shes still my waifu

So about Samantha
Does anyone else love the idea that Samantha was never abducted by aliens - she was just taken and murdered by a paedophile all along? It set Mulder onto discovering the truth of so much, but he always looked in the wrong place for her.

Now in saying that, whilst I love the idea, that reveal was terrible. If the creators had not had her appear as clones, and had people with no reason to lie to Mulder tell him she was still alive, that reveal would've been great. I don't understand how they thought it was acceptable to end that arc the way they did.

And that episode where they show how Mulder met Lone Gunmen members was just catastrophically mediocre.

maybe the executors pulled a fincher on them?

This. Myth arc peaks around s3/4 but MOTW are strong thru out, probably peaking around 6 or 7. The great episodes are great, and you can skip the bad ones and not miss anything.

my favorite episode was Monday because i'm a sucker for time loop stuff

>you can skip the bad ones and not miss anything
I really don't get why people say this. It's not like nothing happens during those episodes, I'm sure there's some character development or good interaction between characters.

and how would they even know they're bad before watching them.

don't tell me there are people who judge episodes by imdb score and skip the low ranked ones.

To be fair there is an episode guide image that is posted here. That said, I don't agree with it, so I wouldn't want people to pay it heed regardless.

On season 5 right now. So fucking
comfy. Scully is literally perfect.

>tfw she has cancer
I wanted to murder someone

There was only one real conspiracy associated with the show... Cancer Man.

In the first season, he was called Cancer Man on the show, by Agent Mulder. Tobacco companies threatened to kill the show, and Fox changed it to Cigarette smoking Man. Even the first season has been changed for the DVDs

So what do you guys like better, Alien Conspiracy episodes or Monster-of-the-week episodes?

I enjoy the former more, although the latter has my favourite episodes.

Probably the conspiracy episodes, I usually found them really exciting and interesting. The thing is, it's hard to remember which episode is which when it comes to the conspiracy episodes.