How old are you?

How old are you?

Sam Raimi was 21 when he made Evil Dead.

How did he get away with it?

23 and pretty much still a loser even though I'm employed

PTA was 28 when he made Magnolia, 26 when he made Boogie Nights.

meh, ridley scott was like 45 when he made Alien

unemployed
havnt done shit with my life
handsome
get pussy all the time

21 as well, I'm a director in a political party. To think a year ago I was in the gutter

>ridley scott
he was 42. he made his first feature film, The Duellists, when he was 40. no rush.

big deal it's a boring shitty movie

orson welles was 24 when he wrote directed starred in the "best movie of all time"

>tfw 25 khv neet with no prospects

23. I directed a shitty short film on my phone.

yech, that explains a lot, especially Magnolia..

24 this year, I've worked precisely four days in my whole life and I have absolutely no motivation

Also I'm bald, cross-eyed and I have a small dick

I'll never amount to anything, got used to the idea by now. Cinema interests me but I don't have the drive to even be mediocre at it

>comparing yourself to the bottom end of the spectrum
Confirmed for not gonna make it.

yeah, but he got friends as partners with same goals

I'm not American, so no Hollywood to me. But I need to try. Know some people from small animation studio, think maybe work with them to see how to directing and editing work. Try to win a green card. And then... who knows? Probably not gonna make it, but it's better to try and fail than not trying at all.

where are you from, user?

Young Raimi a CUTE!

You're a boring shitty movie.

It was a different time back then

cant really see the point of judging other people on their luck, situation and fortunes.
we are all victims or heroes of those things.

with that said, sam raimi is mediocre at best desu.

>but it's better to try and fail than not trying at all.
Pfft, that's so stupid, when you don't try, you never fail.
And I never got rejected by a woman, can you say the same?

Mozart was 5 when wrote Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star

really makes you think to be perfectly truthful my relative

Actually, it was harder back then.

I made my first movie when I was 14. It was a jackass/CKY type of movie I did with my friends.

Ang Lee made his directorial debut at 37 after being unemployed for six years and getting economically carried by his wife.

He has three oscars.

I'm 20, and I'm thinkin' this might be my year. Makin' a couple shorts to get practice in, nothin' high brow but enough to help me get experience behind the camera.

same here

it was a different time

start thinking about using the full fucking words

All he did was lock himself and cast in a cabin for a few weeks with barely any money. Don't need to be old and experienced to do that.

>Not even done the bachelor's I started right out of high school yet
>Shit job
>Some of my friends from my grad class have already become engineers

40 and I still hang out in this god-forsaken shithole of a Belizean crocheting website.

And I have HS classmates who are grandparents. I can't even get a date.

what a coincidence, i was also 21 when sam raimi made evil dead

Im 24, I've directed a few shorts
The other day I discovered that Christopher "Bravo" Nolan's first film was a no-budget film that was released to critical acclaim

I figure that if a hack like him can do it, so can I. I'm gonna make a no-budget feature in the next 2-4 years

never had a gf
been working in a fucking moving company for 6 years. I have been lifting fucking furniture for 6 years. FUCK.

It's worse when you've made several short films and they all suck AND you're old. I'm 26 and I'm confirmed for not going to make it.

At least I don't have film school debt.

40 here as well

I'm 25 and I'm going to try starting now!

He-here I go

if you dont know shit about editing by now, you will never make it. sorry to burst your bubble

It's not hard to learn, imo
Digital tools have made editing trivial, compared to what it used to be.

>tfw I work at a production company and submitted a script to them and they like the idea and are willing to make it if I can keep it shoestring

Feels good.

Not at all true. Get Premiere and watch some YouTube tutorials. You can become a passable editor very quickly these days.

Speilberg made his first short film when he was 13.

26 and i never worked, kissed a girl, or had a friendship/real life friend after middle school

26 and I've made a few short films. My feature got canned unfortunately. Suicide next year.

24 and I've starred in a major feature film.
Who am I? Winner gets a timestamped photo :)

I am 24, have no friends real life or on the internet, no skills (at all) and I spend all my day either fapping or browsing Sup Forums.

23. Made a short film for school and plan on making a full length one this summer... although that's been the plan for the past two summers, so we'll see...

Nothing makes me feel more like a useless sack of shit than Mike Oldfield composing Tubular Bells at 20

19. You guys are old as shit.

short films don't count.

15~39 is the normal range of age in anonymous foruns, it only becomes weird after your 40s

Yeah? You'll wake up in a week and be our age, boy.
Don't squander your time. Learn shit, do shit. Now is your only chance.

I'm 36...

bane

I'm 18 and recognize the value of my youth every fucking day, but lately I just haven't felt the drive or creativity to go out there and make some art without telling myself it's utter shite