This confuses and enrages the European

>This confuses and enrages the European

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suburb#Origins_of_the_modern_suburb
bydleni.idnes.cz/bydleni-v-satelitu-0n9-/stavba.aspx?c=A160317_165745_stavba_web
latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-traffic-los-angeles-20170220-story.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Beautifuck

Yeah.
It's ugly and inconvenient as shit.
No way to live

>poor layout
>no sidewalks
>no shops/services in sight
looks horrible

Suburbs are cancer. I'm glad that my city's geography more-or-less prevents them.

Still have a bit, obviously, but the largest subdevelopment of McMansions we have is two blocks wide. They don't look too bad when it doesn't have the footprint of a small city.

where are the shops?

This. What those suburbs are missing are cafes, shops, parks, schools etc.

Heavily populated middle-class zone with no large perpendicular lanes is nothing unusual in big "European" cities
What you'd be hard-pressed not to find would be sidewalks, bus stops and small shops/infrastructures
Cagers were a mistake

Just think, they could have one large apartment building to comfortably house all of those people, and they'd have more parks and trees, likely closer to shops, bus services, etc. Yet everyone wants their own little selfish plot they won't ever really take advantage of.

Humans are garbage.

It's basically a gated community by that point.

I agree comerade

>Cagers were a mistake
Nazi Germany was a mistake. Our highway system is modeled off their transportation methodologies, and the highways enabled suburbs.

>Yet everyone wants their own little selfish plot they won't ever really take advantage of.
Since when are Chinese not selfish? That's like their primary characteristic.

This is my town layout

>Yet everyone wants their own little selfish plot they won't ever really take advantage of.
Are you mentally ill? No is talking about the Chinese here but you.

forgot to quote

OP's image is Chinese you subhuman. It's in Wuhan.

Funny how you brainlets automatically assume it's American.

>Nazi Germany was a mistake. Our highway system is modeled off their transportation methodologies, and the highways enabled suburbs.
Explain to me how there isn't a huge leap in logic in what you just wrote

Just think, if all humans crawled off to die in a cave, then all the fairies and woodland creatures could live in harmony, frolicking around.
Why are we so evil?

USA didn't have the suburb problem until the autobahn was planned.

We had cars but urban/suburban planning didn't reflect that until the 1930s.

Look at all that open greenery, accessibility arterial roads. Far superior housing layout for larger communities.

>Funny how you brainlets automatically assume it's American.
Where do you think that development stems from? Fucking idiot.

>Where do you think that development stems from?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suburb#Origins_of_the_modern_suburb

I wonder

>Due to the rapid migration of the rural poor to the industrialising cities of England in the late 18th century, a trend in the opposite direction began to develop; - newly rich members of the middle classes began to purchase estates and villas on the outskirts of London. This trend accelerated through the 19th century, especially in cities like London and Manchester that were experiencing tremendous growth, and the first suburban districts sprung up around the city centre to accommodate those who wanted to escape the squalid conditions of the industrial town.

>went to China and saw their ugly as fuck old sky scrapers.
>went to the US and saw the same ugly design.

US is literally China

You posted an OP of stereotypical American suburb, framed it as American in order to "troll" Europeans, then try to act superior when admitting to pulling a dishonest switchbait.

The "modern suburb" in the op is 100% American in nature. You mentally ill, intellectually bankrupt cancerous fucking clap.

Detest tree worshipping pagans

This is my town layout
It's fucking not soul

What the fuck

>This image comforts and soothes the aggravated 'Stayan

Why is the UK always so perfect?

Bath is one of the nicer cities here

I'm from Venice, I really envy all that nature you have.

where the fuck are the stores, clubs, parks etc?

Venice is one of the most beautiful cities in the world

Based Romans knew all the best places to build a town

My condolences ;___;

Bydlení v největším satelitu. Fascinující letecké snímky předměstí
22. března 2016 1:00

Vítejte na předměstí čínského města Wu-chan. Sen o životě ve vlastním si chce splnit čím dál tím více Číňanů. Kolem měst vyrůstá obrovská sídelní kaše, kam se stěhuje bohatá střední třída. Podívejte se na fascinující fotografie obřích satelitů.

Zdroj: bydleni.idnes.cz/bydleni-v-satelitu-0n9-/stavba.aspx?c=A160317_165745_stavba_web
Housing in the largest of the satellite. Fascinating aerial pictures of the suburbs
22. march 2016 1:00

Welcome to the suburbs of the chinese city of Wu-chan. The dream of a life in my own wants to fulfill more and more Chinese people. Around the cities grows huge sprawl, where moves rich middle class. Check out the fascinating photos of giant satellites.

Source: bydleni.idnes.cz/bydleni-v-satelitu-0n9-/stavba.aspx?c=A160317_165745_stavba_web

how the fuck do natives even stomach living in venice? it's literally tourist hell

it's in China

The true tourist hell is Prague trust me.

cheeky frites-eating surrenderer, I just indicated that by what I posted.

This is worse then commieblocs.

yes but your post is tl, mine is tl;dr from yours

that still doesn't explain your shit planning

Yes but there aren't a lot of trees

I'm happy to live here

Yes it's expensive and crowded in summer / late spring but it's pretty here :3

Dear fat american, from my home i can WALK (yeah, no scooter, walk by foot) to my doctor, 2 pharmacies and 3 grocery shops within 30 minutes of lazy walk.

Good luck doing that in your surbushubbullshit.

Have a nice day.

Suburbia offers no real life, just refuge from the world

cut but i would always got lost and never find my copy-paste house

>look up random city in california on google satellite
>looks identical to my city on google satellite except drier
What's wrong with the most efficient city layout?
Planned cities (like mine) have this layout so you can get everywhere extremely quickly, therefore saving time

>California
>can get everywhere extremely quickly

I like anglo humor

If California had European style city planning, it would be even more time wasting
Just face it, grid style city planning is best

I heard that americans don't have kettles
that's what fucking confuses me

latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-traffic-los-angeles-20170220-story.html
>No surprise here: Los Angeles is the world's most traffic-clogged city, study finds

I like your commitment to the joke tho

Well Los Angeles is nowhere near as gridlike as other cities in California (like the one I randomly zoomed on) so they should make their city more gridlike to help eliminate traffic problems

I am confused and enraged by this.

Any major Californian city needs to be nuked, they are absolute ahitholes with the only scum populating them

m8 7 out of the top 20 worst cities to drive in the US are located in California.

Do they microwave their water?

We do, theyre just called different things here

I am selfish because I would like to have my own yard? You can go and live crammed in a little apartment building, i had to do that for most of my childhood and moving into suburbs was a huge improvement.
In the future I plan to get land in a rural area to have even more privacy. Obviously this type of living is not for everybody, if you feel the need to go to a cafe every morning and have dinner at restaurant every friday then it's probably not for you.

Too much population there
They need better grid system like cities such as Savannah have

>refuge from the world
Whats the problem with that

>>refuge from the world
>Whats the problem with that

The problem is you can't "walk to the store", Europeans place a lot of value on walking to the store

I live in LA county and the nearest store gere is about a 15 walk away.

No, its because cuckfornians are terrible drivers

it does look a bit confusing 2bh

>america
>bus stops

they drive cars

That would be nice if it were tidy up and organized around a commercial area with supermarket, cafeterias, the eternal chinese shop, restaurant, etc and some parks here and there

I always thought grid suburbs are for working middle class in the US, there are always organic planned communities but mostly are for the rich? However, I think this is the distinction between Europe and the US; you can buy a large house, large useless suv and still be a mid level employee while this is reserved to upper middle class and above in Europe, and so they don't have the cheap big house option that exists in the US so they are comparing their more close knitted city apartment and detached houses lifestyle with something that doesn't exist in the EU due to many reasons including economical and spatial.

Normally its pretty stright forward and comfy, but some layouts can get fucktarded

>Rural Areas: Large green belt, traditional architectural styles, system of comfortable villages mixed in between forests and fields, attempt to use natural materials (stone walls as opposed to corrugated iron fencing)
>Urban Areas: Georgian Terraces, wide streets and large parks for recreation, arterial roads rather than a grid system (too robotic and ugly), city boundaries marked by purposely antiquated city walls, more ceremonial than practical
>Central Business District: Soviet Classicism, Roman Imperial, Italian Renaissance, French Renaissance and Beaux Arts for the skyscrapers (pic related)

we could have this world if we try

why are suburbs all done with the same style? where are shops? where are squares? where are parks? where are people?

There are different suburbs. Its not like suburbs are just mass produced identical houses. Some are for poor people with shit houses and others are for really rich people with nice houses. For example if you compare the suburbs of San Fernando with Beverly Hills there will be a big difference.

They're called coffee makers

If not living 5 minutes away from a shop was such a huge inconvenience then i would have offed myself by now.
In terms of people, in my opinion the less the better.

Yeah that's my point, there are options for every lifestyle and budget in the US, while it doesn't to the same extent in EU, perhaps since EU isn't a singular housing market like the US.

What's with the single-use autism that defines communities like this? Surely, peppering the community with a few stores and restaurants here and there as well as parks wouldn't hurt anything. I love driving, but I don't see the appeal of having to enter a congested six-lane "street" to do anything, and you don't even get the benefits of slowing down and having a lot of things to look at that typical city streets provide.

what if you want tea?
what if you just want some hot water?

Nobody wants their house next to a business

moving by bus and train also has it charme, why you dont like those?

Have you ever stepped in an actual suburban area? I know its hard to believe but one snapshot doesn't really show a whole neighborhood.
Most suburbs do have restaurants bearby.

its actually this.

i remember when my dad was teaching me how to drive, he gave me the wheel at lake tahoe up in the mountains and said, "get us to san fransisco". i had no problem going down the crazy hairpin turns out of the mountains. passed through the outskirts of sacramento (which was deserted because all the greencards went home) and got close to san francisco. suddenly the driving got completely, impossibly clogged out of nowhere. mustve taken me two hours to drive into that godforsaken place.

the next time i went there i was with my friend on a motorcycle. he picked me up from the airport and i was dreading having to sit on the back of the bike for hours as we passed into oakland. little did i know that lane splitting was legal out there. shit took about two minutes and scared the ever loving christ out of me. but i know if i ever went back there, id get a bike and cruise around like i owned the place. its the only way to deal with the fucking impossible traffic.

>tfw eurocucks will never know the infinite juvenile pleasure of getting 30 of your friends at a party in one of these housing tracks to go skinny-dip raiding across every strangers pool in your neighborhood, then running naked through the copy-paste streets like the umman manda, and hiding under some cucks porch to ditch the cops

suburbia offers nothing but what you put into it. it is a barren wasteland, to be sure, but with a big enough crew, you can find something to do.

Idk about other suburbians we have these little commercial areas close by that you can walk to easily.

Sydney suburbs

Thoughts?

seems decent

well with a big enough crew you can find something to do in some mountain village of 30 goat herders in pakistan too

name something worse than this from an infrastructure PoV

that sounds like fun i guess. i could start a jihadi insurgent cell and shoot buddhists and indians for no reason and justify it with my faith

use the sun for tea
turn the handle to the left for water

with one road you cant take the wrong road
seems pretty good to me
also green near your house helps with summer heat

This my town :DDDD

I thought it was a picture of dirt from thumbnail :(

it's actually a pretty significant infrastructural problem in belgium and the netherlands

people just used to build along connecting roads which in turn required full access to all amenities, makes public transportation a shitload more difficult and creates much more traffic along those roads than they were designed for

it looks like the real life version of mos eisley

>walk
>americans
pfft

wtf?

cant breath

weird
usually here where big roads cross each other, a starting focus of houses is born and spreads in more or less circular manner
there are some very small rural towns that develop that way but isnt common, also those people usually wanted to live in a more quiet area so they are happy like that
no one would do it near a highway or something like that tho

Why shouldnt it?

where do kids go to play?
on the streets or those tiny gardens?

I agree with this. China and America are the same.

you mean if they had european city planning people wouldn't have to drive just to buy some milk which means less cars on the road which means less congestion which means going somewhere will be faster (and that somewhere is closer as well)