Horror General - /hg/

Discuss horror films and television series

What was the last horror movie you saw? How was it?

ti west is a poser

he and shane carruth should be drowned together

and the last i saw was original texas chainsaw

8/10

Why are good horror films so few and far between?

>unironically enjoying non-japanese horror

Loud noises and quick cuts
We get it.

I miss /hor/

But also, how did people feel about The Wailing? I liked it a bunch until it pulled the genre-classic "completely shit the bed in the third act and cheapen the entire experience" move.

Last I saw was Clinical on Netflix. Started out rocky, had a good first hour or so, then went completely to shit in the third act. Very disappointing.

Same reason good films are few and far between

Is this worth watching?

>people unironically don't hail this as the best horror movie of this decade.

troll/10

First act = 10/10 but the supernatural themes kind of weaken the film.

10/10 sound design and music though

Torrent out?

Just a reminder

Don't be fooled by the cover like I was. It's god awful. 0.5/5

>ever expecting a Christmas themed meme-tier cover to even slightly be a good movie.

CUTE

i liked it
>10/10 but the supernatural themes kind of weaken the film.
no, its a horror film you fedora tipper

lmao this placed loved cabin in the woods and it follows when they came out

only holiday horror movie i've seen and enjoyed is krampus, and even that's eh, but it was fun

>it was fun
I think that's what they were going for too, though there were some decent scary moments.

The gingerbread men made me lose my shit though.

I wasn't expecting it to be good, but I also wasn't expecting it to be that terrible.

why is cabin in the woods reddit

idk but the site I use has a DVD quality stream so I'd assume so

The Poughkeepsie Tapes because some autist made a thread about it earlier. And yet again Sup Forums tricked me into watching complete shit. You pricks owe me hours of my life back

I finally saw session 9, was god damn brilliant up until the very end where it completely shit itself. I think it would have been a perfect movie if it had just ended with the cousin finding everyone dead with no real explanation or something.

It follows, blair witch and cabin in the woods are redit. The others are good movies.

>We Are Still Here
6/10, inconsistent tone and some odd choices but overall enjoyable and had some okay spooks

>asking that question

Back to go lad

I ask because Ive never been to reddit. Why are you so versed in reddit characterizations?

Because producers have worked out a formula for box office openings. They want to hype a movie with stunning previews, get people into the theaters and give fuck all what happens after that.

It Follows had a good concept but for some reason it didn't freak me out at all.

Watched American Werewolf in London for the first time recently, holds up surprisingly well.

because what scares one person doesnt scare another

Pls leave

I enjoyed it because I watched it smacked with a friend, but that ending was too weird

you are the redditor tho

I keep getting this recommended to me. I'll be honest, I don't care for many movies before 1990, but is it really worth a watch?

Last one was... yeah now I remember I finally watched The Babadook which was on my watch-list since quiet some time. And well it was solid at least. I really liked the pacing and the way it was edited in the first half of the movie. The subtext was pretty obvious but stiill there was some room for the viewer to do some post-structual if he wanted to. Solid movie,

>I don't care for many movies before 1990

Do you like werewolf movies? It is honest to God one of the best. As far as the sub-genre goes, An American Werewolf in London practically defines it. It really is that good, and in three decades there still hasn't been a transformation scene that can top it.

POSTING A TOP 5 HORROR MOVIE

You're embarrassing yourself, pls go back.

>The Wailing
weeb shit

>/hor/
shill shit

you didnt even answer my original question

I know, I know
I was born in '96 and have no patience for anything old
I suck

I'll give it a try; I can't say I've seen enough werewolf movies to form an opinion, but I saw Late Phases awhile ago and I liked that

i didnt really like it

no
correct
2/10
SiREN 4/10

Seriously dude, you're so obvious. I can smell your fedora from here

>he doesnt know why a movie is labeled reddit
>he just goes along with it to be one of the cool kids

>he doesnt know why a movie is labeled reddit
>he just goes along with it to be one of the cool kids

Keep proving my point Plebbitor

what's some good body horror

both of you nerds shut up. you're whining like bitches.

o baby u r mad

answer my question then

Fucking general faggotry, all you fucks should kill yourselves.

you fuck fags??? gross!!

replaced by over processed cgi.

Get some comprehension instead of sucking dick for a change faggot

yeah these threads take up the space for the blacked threads!

that shit is fucked but that doesn't mean generals aren't fucking cancer too

yeah generals are pure reddit, which is why its funny that there is a reddit argument itt

you suck dick too???? so gay!!! LOL

>? so gay!!! LOL
kill yourself 90's born queer

wow thanks for adding your buzzwords and complaints about a general that's been dead for a year

it's really improved the conversation

>complains about generals
>consistently bumping a general
>born before the 90s and is posting on Sup Forums

go away you gay old man lmao

>general that's been dead for a year
some reddit fag keeps trying to revive it lately

Not sure if more horror or thriller but it genuinely disturbed me with the violence at points

Generals are shit but that still places them several tiers above 90% of what's on Sup Forums at any given moment.

Go complain about something else.

you're a fucking sissy.

neo nazis are CUTE !

If theres a movie you want to talk about make a thread about it, fuck this general shit.

What's some movies similar to texas chainsaw massacre (1974) i dig the eerie vibe

>as he posts in a general

Yeah fuck generals!!

wow this thread is embarrassingly bad.

indeed, fuck generals and fuck you

>as he posts in a general

yeah fuck em!!!!!!

I don't know what it was, I watch much more violent films Regularly. Maybe because it wasn't too over the top or something. The dude's arm getting sliced open was horrible.

this kino

How is this considered a good horror movie?

It's SO bad

that was me. you're welcome

Ok pals here's the updated edition

still doesn't really address the fact that you're doubling down on taking time out of your life to bitch about something more relevant to television and films than most of what's on here right now.

who gives a fuck, faggot.

are you the same guy raging at everything else in here?

fuck yourself reddit

yes. it was entertainin

Horror became a bad combo of cheap, profitable and proud of it's self imposed ghetto (like Sci-fi). This drove away the real directors for "Masters of Horror".

gb2r

>make a thread about one movie so it can instantly get pushed to page 10 by blacked and waifu shit

At least generals have an ounce of longevity, even without all the posters losing their minds over its mere existence.

ITT: reddit

Go back to redd it.

this is why we should move to upvotes. so quality Sup Forums threads triumph over Sup Forums, Sup Forums, and /r9k/

Finally watched in the mouth of madness

Fucking loved it, also creeped me out more than it thought it would

>Horror became a bad combo of cheap, profitable

thats what horror has always been

I really, really hope you and your fucking filthy whore of a mother ger cancer.

Always a good one to leave you completely disturbed and depressed

>people keep responding to the shitposters

this is why your thread will die

it's already dead

Fully expected this to be a horror comedy

It's not

The redditing ITT is off the charts