What movies would you add to this list?

What movies would you add to this list?

I thought the vvicth was a great movie

add babadook

Holy shit this. That was such a shit tier movie

don't forget comedy horrors like the two dudes vs evil or whatever shit movie that was

>le patrician gatekeeper meme

Because you have latent reddit sensibilities.

Noroi.

Actually every gook "horror" movie ever made

This

Holy shit, I got tricked into watch this. Terrible movie

>when you get so BTFO in the other thread you have to start a new one
How sad is your life.

The Thing and Jacob's Ladder are actually good films though faggot. The rest are debatable.

You are right, forgot to add Noroi and Lake mungo

What's wrong with liking the 80's The Thing? I thought it was Reddit to like the newest remake.

Add Kubrick's The Shining

Everything one dislikes is reddit. Kinda like OP.

Nothing's wrong with it. OP is just trying to produce troll OC.

It's "le trendy geek culture" approved as fuck. Liking the remake would actually be far less reddit because the memes are against you in that case rather than insulating you in a nice little hugbox of validation.

Childhood is idolizing psychological horror
Adulthood is realizing B movies are true horror kino

Is it really that bad? I was planning to watch it

Is there a certain reason this isn't on there?

Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness are two other good examples of "reddit movies". Anything Bruce Campbell has ever touched is reddit really.

Hell no, it's pretty good. Just don't read too many internet articles aboout it but try to interpret it on your own. I was just trying to say that some of OP's movies are also actually pretty good.

I don't really get the image, is it saying The Exorcist is bad/"reddit"?

The Exorcist is one of the most important horror films ever made, and still one of the most disturbing. The hospital scene still makes me wince.

JUST UPDATED IT BOYS

This might rustle some jimmies.

You forgot

Is the mist even horror ?

According to reddit, yes.

Definetly.

okay, you can go now and kill yourself "everything i don't like is reddit"-kid

>Is it really that bad?
Yes, it's the worst king adaptation

Always Sunny in Philedelphia is reddit too and more specifically "Sup Forumseddit." Take your entry level "trendy" "geek culture approved" taste and take it back to your video game board.

Buttmad redditor kek, get some taste and grow up

you should, autist

Videodrome

Add 10 Cloverfield Lane.

Some faggots over here were advertising it as a great psychological horror movie.

Turns out it was just another cute chick/dumb hick/alien flick

>literally everything that other people like that I don't like is reddit!

Shut the fuck up you autistic cunt.

>The Thing
>Jacob's Ladder
Kill yourself.

If a movie allows itself to be "liked" at all then on some level it is reddit. Non-reddit films don't enable audiences.

I forgot about that
Why are you so angry, redditor?
Why don't you go circlejerk on /r/movies?

Name a good horror movie. Let's see your taste. Babadook is reddit but not vvitch

Reddit has wonderful taste in horror movies apparently.

This is so wrong. Redditors literally prefer jumpscare so gory shit where you don't have to think.

Fear of the unknown is for the thinking man

Go to bed, Matthew!

Holy shit you are on another level of pretentious and retarded. You must be mad because your ex girlfriend liked a movie you use to like and now it's reddit. Fuck off

everything in this god awful board and shit site is just retarded low tier bait

I hate you all and I hope you die

>can't find a downvote button
>k-kill yourself, no you!

everytime reddit

Both are "reddit horror" incarnate.
>Name a good horror movie.
Inland Empire

You put the only good horror movies in that pic, What the fuck is a good horror movie according to you?

Satan doesn't lie

Doing God's work son.

Post this in every horror thread and let the purge commence.

Trips of truth

this fucking thread

>Redditors literally prefer jumpscare so gory shit where you don't have to think.
No, that's facebook normies. A vocal hatred of jump scares is actually the reddit approved opinion. Making a jump scare free film with some entry level social subtext and some nice cinematography is the formula for creating a reddit approved modern horror film.

>>Name a good horror movie.
>Inland Empire
horror, not horrible

Are you trying to convince me to start using Reddit? It's not going to work.

Cabin in the Woods truly was Reddit garbage though.

>Can't find a reason of why those movies are bad
>R-r-eddit!!

Satan confirmed for redditor

>eraserhead
>twin peaks
>dune

yeah because David Lynch isn't reddit

Inland Empire is one of the best films of the 00s. Now go back to Sup Forums with your Finchertino.

Only Twin Peaks (the show) and Dune are overtly reddit.

Inland Empire, Fire Walk With Me and Lost Highway are reddit crushing hard kinos.

>defending reddit horror
Typical redditor

>Inland Empire

you don't watch a lot movies, do you user?

Let me put it this way: THEY ARE NOT FUCKING SCARY

NOT SCARY=NOT HORROR

End of fucking story

Enjoy your jumpscares.

>Cabin in the Woods
>horror
uhh...

More than you. Inland Empire is one of the very best films ever made no matter how you cut it, and since you reveal yourself to have unsophisticated taste in cinema then it's very likely that it's superior cinema to literally every film that somebody like you has ever been able to enjoy.

reddit horror

Enjoy your glorified thriller faggot

>where are so deep in memes that it's impossible to know when something is ironic shitposting or serious shitposting

>muh jumpscares are le ebul boogeyman cancer killing horror just like reddit told me so

Next you'll shit on Michael Bay or Batman Vs Superman like the good little meme vetted drone you are.

Shut the fuck up already. IE is incoherent, ugly, digicam shit with a handful of decent ideas.

It's 10/10 raw kino and the final culmination of everything Lynch was exploring over his entire career. Lynch is one of the greatest directors of all time and I.E is his magnum opus. The summation of what he's all about with zero filter.

I'm pretty sure it was never intended to be horror, since the bait & switch is revealed in the first 5 minutes of the film, no?

Reddit horror my friend

>I'm pretty sure it was never intended to be horror,
But it was always intended to be reddit.

It's a "reddit" genre film ABOUT horror movies.

I don't get it, OP, are you trying to support the idea that slasher or jump scare flicks are genuinely great examples of the horror genre?

Or are you just making fun of young people who are to naive to act so pretentious?

pretty shit thread if i do say so

op as an example of good horror movie put something from Ed Wood

What's wrong with jump scares exactly? The Conjuring movies are great horror and they rely pretty heavily on jump scares. The whole 'DEA h8 jump scares?' meme makes no sense.

Jump scares are great, only reddit contrarians hate on them

>this is the tremendous level of faggotry that infests Sup Forums

>What's wrong with jump scares exactly?
Literally nothing is inherently wrong with jump scares. It's just a trendy meme to dislike them so the redditors all get to pat themselves on the back and feel super smart and discerning every time they complain about their usage.

So in this post we have Sup Forumseddit defending reddit at large.

The only thing more annoying than jump scares is this lame attempt at framing criticism of jump scares as a meme.

>The Conjuring movies are great horror
Yeah, you sure sound like a fucking connoisseur.

Found the redditor

possession
the shining

I think for many of them its just buyer's remorse.

I mean they went to the cinema with their autistic friends or perhaps alone, the movie was shit and they've spent time and money on it so they try to convince themselves the movies were really good.

You can complain about jump scares being used ineffectively but painting them all as invalid out of hand is just as big of a meme as "CGI is killing movies".

jump scares are so great, some of my favorite horror movies are actually just screamer clips on youtube, you know, when it's all quiet and then there's a super loud noise and the person watching is all startled and shit, that's sublime horror that really sticks with you

>le exaggerated ironic shitpost
Spotted the redditor

Nobody said horror kino is made with jump scares alone.
You have to use the right combination of visual effects, sound effects, light and jump scares to make something that could be considered horror.

sorry, i couldn't hear you over this "ten loudest sudden soundtrack stings in movie history" video i'm watching

>le i couldnt hear you over meem

Holy shit. Could reddit be more obvious than this?

this,also
Alien
Rosemary's Baby
Dawn of the Dead
Psycho
Halloween
The Cremator
Repulsion
Eyes without a face
Suspiria
Deep Reed
Santa Sangre
The Wicker Man
Funny Games
Inland Empire
Eraserhead
Kuroneko
Dead Ringers
Changeling
Don't look now
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
Nosferatu (both)
The Exorcist
The Hour of the Wolf
Onibaba
Kaidan
Misery
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Martys
Vampyr
The Fly
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre
Carrie
Angst
A Tale of Two Sisters
The Return of the Living Dead
Black Sunday
Black Christmas
Who Can Kill a Child?
Sauna
Audition
Cure
Tenebre
In the Mouth of Madness
Don't Torture a Duckling
Hellraiser
Hausu
Ravenous
Tetsuo

So, generally the entire genre, really.

Only those that allow themselves to be appreciated imo.