Which movie was your favorite from the series?

Which movie was your favorite from the series?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FAGh-_xVFq0
youtube.com/watch?v=6Tbffj_04cI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

HBP easy. PoA and GoF are good too.

Imo

6 > 4 > 3 > 1 > 7 > 5 > 1

But I like them all.

"Deh!"

kek

I don't have a favorite flick from one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Hmm. I think
1 > 1 > 1 > 1 > 1 > 1 > 1
but I might swap 1 and 1.

the movies get better when the plot kicks in and the Scooby shit stops

Goblet of Fire

I watched these when I was 12 and they all seemed incredibly childish and stupid. Can I rank them all last?

Call it the meme answer but we all know Azkaban is the best one. its the only one to catch the weird insane awesomeness of the magical world in a casual as fuck way. if he had made goblet of fire it would have been 200x times better.

I just wasted five minutes of my life confirming that this copypasta is a combination of two reviews by Armond White and Harold Bloom.

GOD-TIER:
Finnegans Wake
GREAT TIER:
Ulysses, Blood Meridian, and The Ego and His Own

EVERYTHING ELSE

Azkaban is my least favorite. Not only did he ruin that one, he ruined all the others by getting the students out of their robes and into contemporary (for the time) fashions, dating the movies. This product placement was continued for the rest of the series
Also
>annoying shrunken head
>singing frogs
>shitty new Dumbledore

One of my absolute favorites.

McCarthy is as lower than Palahniuk tier. BM is a joke

1>5>6>7=8>3>4>2

>shitty new Dumbledore
Couldn't really help that

3>>>>>every other one
youtube.com/watch?v=FAGh-_xVFq0 Check out this link if you don't believe me.

They could have cast a different one or told him to tone it down

1/10 intro, but you get a +1 for using the Clifford version of the image

NOTE: Dumbledore died on the way back to his home planet

I can't choose between HBP PoA and DH1. I like them all too.

Half Blood Prince

Also, PoA is overrated by Sup Forums

Getting a blizzard tmo, will be watching some.

>Also, PoA is overrated by Sup Forums
"Mind your head!"
Why do you think Sup Forums likes this movie? Because people think Cauron is a good director?

>Because people think Cuaron is a good director

That's usually the reason I see

It's funny since "stretch his/her/their legs" is only used one time in the first book.

capeshit

Kys

The entire series is well directed. Each one feels different.

what the fuck are you doing none of these are good lmao

Post more user. Fuck this bitch.

look at this amazing shot everyone

pure..... kino....

Cry more faggit.

you just got absolutely BTFO hang yourself

>Which movie was your favorite from the series?

Fantastic Beasts for the 10/10 boyfus

Aren't you supposed to use quality shots with good cinematography for images like that?

retarded formatting

Did Harry Potter save your life?

How can you get this defensive about some silly movie franchise for children

>this autist samefagging

look at this dude

I don't think the frogs were singing, the kids were just holding them and one croaks at the end of the song

truly bravo

try again

Order of the Phoenix

Dullest

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

You're not smart. You're not funny. I'm not triggered.

kek
he identifies as a militant atheist

unkek

This always seemed really fucked up for a kids movie

3rd and 4th. I don't get why people shit on Goblet so much.

what did he mean by this?

why does he keep flip-flopping on being religious/ jewish

he's so small and cute

Where the fuck were they walking in the deathly hallows?

Love this meme. Pretty shots don't make a good movie, you can cherry pick 12 or so pretty shots from most movies.

Love this meme. They are all very well done and directed so there's thousands of shots to choose from. Thus they can have whatever tone the maker wants. This is a film board.

The one with time travelling was neato.

Of all the things to criticise about Harry Potter, you go for the clothes? They're set in the 90s dude, it wasn't about making them contemporary, it was about rounding the picture off a bit more. Did you ever see Harry and co. banging out the Xbox? Or whatsapping eachother how to fuck with Voldemort?

>"No!"

Gets me every time.

It's kind of astounding when you realize that 90% of the challenges in the books would be immediately solved by the existence of cell phones and Wizard Google.

this
It's the same stupid mystery plot formula with almost all of them, makes them hard to rewatch desu

Not with that attitude

This one.

Because of this scene:
youtube.com/watch?v=6Tbffj_04cI

that looks pretty silly to be honest

Isn't magic supposed to be a little silly?