Can we have an Evil Dead or, hell, maybe a Horror B movies thread?

Can we have an Evil Dead or, hell, maybe a Horror B movies thread?
Just finished watching Ash vs Evil Dead and it was pretty fucking fun, what's Sup Forums's opinion on it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UZxo9AwQxk8
youtube.com/watch?v=W_PrRd-Y56c
youtube.com/watch?v=w3qFkMYQCRs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Only ever watched the 1st season but it was fucking baller.

I've only seen the first season, but I adored it. If you haven't seen the Re-Animator, check it out. It's a 80's-ass horror movie. The foreign movie called The Beyond is great too.

>The Memevil Reddead
You have to go back

If we're gonna be discussing horror comedy I might as well bring up Deathgasm, which is a fucking masterpiece.

Season 1 was baller
Season 2 leaned too heavy on comedy

I think that having the Battlestar Galactica guy as the showrunner is going to help tremendously.

Don't be foolish like I was and disregarded this as a teen summer horror, high quality schlock right here

The font/color scheme is the same one that literally every other fucking shit-tier forgettable jumpscare flick uses, but I saw the first couple minutes on a Rifftrax Best Of video and there's no way comedy wasn't intended. Shit looked incredible.

What movie is that picture from?

Its an episode of Ash vs Evil Dead

are you shitting me? that looks amazing

There was a lot more practical stuff in S2 thankfully

this is good

tadadaaaaa

Posted out of order but fuck it

It's great, but brought down by the sidekicks, especially the girl. At least Pablo has some goofy moments that work, but the strong grill that don't need no Ash is fucking annoying.

Poultrygeist should appeal to Evil Dead fans. You can watch on on Troma Entertainment's Youtube channel:
youtube.com/watch?v=UZxo9AwQxk8

The poster is obviously inspired by Evil Dead II.

The goat scene was GOAT. Pun intended.

Drag Me to Hell (Raimi) and My Soul to Take (2010, Wes Craven) are underated horror kinos.

They live is a fucking clever movie

I've been watching a lot of old b-horror from the 20s to the present recently. I'll list a few that stood out to me.

The Brain that Wouldn't Die (1962) is proto-Re-animator. I'm sure it was based partly on the Herbert West story. Too many similar things in not to be a coincidence. The lesbian is the only human character to survive the movie.

The Cat People (1942). Great movie. I mean it. It may have been made with a low-budget, but the script, the acting, the cinematography, everything works. It's filmed like a film noir. The same guys did Out of the Past, one of the best film noir imho.

Strait-Jacket (William Castle, 1964) Script by the author of Psycho. Joan Crawford acting like a drunk Diva on and off-screen. It's great. It's a slasher with some very effective scenes. A more mature outing for William Castle. Not many gimmicks compared to the other Castle movies I've seen. Speaking of gimmicks, The Tingler (1959) takes the cake. It's more an experience for the viewers than a movie.

The Zero Boys (1986). Saw+Friday the 13th+Wrong Turn+ ...paintball. It's good. The first 10 minutes are dumb (paintball action scene out of Rambo) but it turns into a good suspense after that. The movie looks really good too. Beautifully shot in some places. Some scenes have made a strong impression on me (the human remains/skeletons in the mud under the porch, for example)

If you want some thing sort of Evil Dead-y (cabin in the woods and all that), but without demons, check out The Zero Boys. The trailer on youtube is shit though, it's not an action movie at all.

I thought the ending was super shite and predictable though

what the fuck am i watching holy shit

if you haven't watched this kino yet then you're doing something wrong

More comedy than horror but still great. Best chase scene in a movie.

this is garbage

There was a cartoon tv series of it...

youtube.com/watch?v=W_PrRd-Y56c

But you can't watch AKT without watching it back to back with Killer Klowns from Outer Space. It's the rule.

"Technically sir, tomatoes are fags."
"He means fruits."

I guess I have to watch it now

I am currently watching Ash VS Evil Dead and I think it is an amazing and fun show BUT I can tell that season 2 has a way higher budget and while I don't mind gore and violence and what not I thought season 2 was WAY WAY bloodier than season 1 with way more gore and I have to admit I didn't need ALL that gore. I actually preferred season 1 because it did the trick and wasn't that much in your face just because they suddenly COULD because of a higher budget.

I dont usually like movies built from the ground up to be "B" horror movies, but Field Freak got me laughing my ass off.

Anyone who likes B movies would be all in on it.

Hey look, the full thing is even on Youtube

youtube.com/watch?v=w3qFkMYQCRs

yelling reditt everytime is the best sign you came from there. or that you should be in the school.

well.. BSG was shit , so i hope he learnd some new tricks, and doesn't come up with like the reasons why the last showrunner was fired

I don't understand how I spent 20 years of my life without being aware of this.

Hard to find one with more creative kills and general body horror.
By far the craziest B-movie I've ever watched.

Just found a 1998 VHS copy of the Evil Dead toady for under $1

Am I lucky or what? I finally get to watch this movie!

you must be 18+ to post

This movie made me wanna barf.

one of my fav is this Cemetery Man/Dellamorte Dellamore weird dark comedy horror movie

It's great. It's weird that a side character's movie is better than a Dylan Dog actual movie.